Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 4 of 29 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: nba playoffs round 2 discussion thread...

1. -31
    future of the funk

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Colorado Springs
    Thanks / No Thanks
    2013 Dolphins LogoDolphins HomerCam Wake 91
    tony,pop, and timmy chillin' like bosses after the half down 10. not a single worry or **** given...

2014 ladies lounge entry:ariel meredith
    Quote Quote  

2. -32
    future of the funk

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Colorado Springs
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ebozzz View Post
    I've never really liked San Antonio's style of play very much. They have no doubt been effective at what they do which is excel in the half-court game. It use to be that if you could make them have to run there was pretty good chance that they could be beaten. That's not so true this season as they have shown the ability to play a more uptempo style of play. Regardless of what my thoughts are about their style, they are certainly a team to reckoned with and they do indeed play great basketball....
    i think people should not focus so much on the "style of play" so much and focus more on the fact they are thrashing teams over a long period of time mentally and physically..
    Quote Quote  

3. -33
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Long Island, NY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dreday View Post
    all said and done,at the end of the day you have to give the spurs some love.there aren't a whole lot of teams accomplishing what the spurs have.especially these last 15 or so years.i mean making the playoffs 22 of the last 23 years alone is a hell of an accomplishment.this years team is something special and they don't do it with alot bs or ladylike drama.

having said that it looks like its going to be a spurs vs thunder WC finals....should be a great series.
    all true. also, tim duncan is deff one of my favorite players of all time, and also deff one of the more underrated ones.

how many superstars can u think of that not only stayed with their entire team throughout his career, but never made a stink about anything, never bitches, none of this prima donna ****? i cant think of any aside from duncan.

whenever people talk about greatest player of this generation since jordan retired, they always say kobe. i believe duncan deserves to be in that conversation and heck id consider him the best player in this generation when all is set and done.his resume, his attitude, all speak for themselves
    Quote Quote  

4. -34
    Ryan tannehill...like a boss

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    bye bye lakers...went away from bynum for some stupid reason in the 2nd half and goin fishin tomorrow
    hoops scoops 2012 season ..."in 2014 ryan tannehill etches his name in stone amongst the games elite qbs"..."ryan tannehill and andrew luck will carry the afc for the next decade plus the way peyton manning and tom brady have this last decade plus"
    Quote Quote  

5. -35
    future of the funk

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Colorado Springs
    Thanks / No Thanks

clippers are still that other LA team...cp3 resting for the olympics.

what up Billy!?
    Quote Quote  

6. -36
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Denver, Colorado
    Thanks / No Thanks
    i think people should not focus so much on the "style of play" so much and focus more on the fact they are thrashing teams over a long period of time mentally and physically..
    Dre,

I ain't hatin'! When I made the comment regarding Spurs style of play, I really didn't mean anything negative about it. I simply meant that their methods have not appealed to me as much as the manner in which some other teams handle their business. Kinda like me saying that I enjoy football teams that employ a wide open attack more than those that are conservative by nature. That does not change the fact that San Antonio has been playing at an extremely high level for long period of time.
    ~~~~~~~

The rhythm of life is a jazz rhythm.

-Langston Hughes

Quote Quote  

7. -37
    future of the funk

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Colorado Springs
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ebozzz View Post
    Dre,

I ain't hatin'! When I made the comment regarding Spurs style of play, I really didn't mean anything negative about it. I simply meant that their methods have not appealed to me as much as the manner in which some other teams handle their business. Kinda like me saying that I enjoy football teams that employ a wide open attack more than those that are conservative by nature. That does not change the fact that San Antonio has been playing at an extremely high level for long period of time.
    no sweat ebozz man...the point i was making,was that no matter how the spurs play,wether its an uptempo high scoring offense,or suffocating defense,there are always contrarian point of views."they are this,they are that,i dont like that".spurs fans are used to it.and we also understand there is such a thing as free thinking.

the equalizing factor here,is that the spurs keep on winnin!

Quote Quote  

8. -38
    I like your style Dude

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Northern Virginia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91Tannehill 172013 Dolphins Logo
    Their style of play this year isn't what it's been since Tim Duncan has been the franchise player. It's like when people still call them an old team.

Quote Quote  

9. -39
    future of the funk

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Colorado Springs
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by PhinzN703 View Post
    Their style of play this year isn't what it's been since Tim Duncan has been the franchise player. It's like when people still call them an old team.
    well then thats when we get into something called "media manipulation" or "media mind control".

you are right.
    Quote Quote  

10. -40
    Ryan tannehill...like a boss

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    been a while since i watched the spurs...wasn't a fan of the style of play then...guess i'll have to check them out against ok city...does duncan still whine about every call that doesn't go his way??? if so...ugh...guy was a world class whiner back in the day...can't imagine that's changed much
    Quote Quote