Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: AFC East Biggest Questions

1. -21
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    You're joking right? You do understand that the Patriots O-line that started the first pre-season game had only one single starter that will be taking the field on opening day right?
    Quote Quote  

2. -22
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Tailgater View Post
    Pats definitely have issues at OL. It has gotten better with the return of Mankins, but if they go into the season with Solder & Cannon at tackle, Brady better get the ball away in under 2 seconds, never mind 3.

I've got my fingers crossed that Waters shows up next week and that Vollmer makes a miraculous recovery.
    Solder will be fine. His natural position is at left tackle and he showed he could play last year. People are overreacting to a bad preseason game. I really hope Vollmer can get healthy though, I don't like how his back is still bothering him but apparently he's getting close to returning.
    Quote Quote  

3. -23
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    To hear people tell it, our O-line is going to immediately implode the instant it is presented with one blitz. I'm a bit tired of the experiment of putting Cannon at tackle however.
    Quote Quote  

4. -24
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Tzimisce_ View Post
    To hear people tell it, our O-line is going to immediately implode the instant it is presented with one blitz. I'm a bit tired of the experiment of putting Cannon at tackle however.
    Cannon is a Guard by nature, they are only playing him there until Vollmer gets back. I would expect them to pick up some vet RT off the scrap heap as deth in the next week or two.
    Quote Quote  

5. -25
    vvv The Scariest Buffalo Bill

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Tzimisce_ View Post
    I'm sure there are fans of opposing teams that are chomping at the bit, but imploding from one blitz is a bit much. I feel it's that lack of playing time as a unit more than anything else. Brady is only getting older. If there is to be a learning curve for this OL, they better get it ironed out very soon. If not, Brady could find himself injured in the Baltimore game come week 3.

Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    The Giants absolutely win it all w/ Sanchez and they probably have more playoff wins and playoff apps if Sanchez is their QB, we probably don't even make a title game w/ Eli the last 2 years........
    Quote Quote  

6. -26

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by grogan12 View Post
    Cannon is a Guard by nature, they are only playing him there until Vollmer gets back. I would expect them to pick up some vet RT off the scrap heap as deth in the next week or two.
    And yet, according to you, there are no issues with the Pats OL.......

Here's a word: TOOL.......
    Quote Quote  

7. -27
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Jamestown, NY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Back issues are nasty for the big uglies up front. The Bills had to put their 2010 2nd round draft pick DT Torrell Troupe on IR because he's NOT ready yet from back surgery. While Vollmer is off the PUP and back practicing, his back issue may be a chronic thing that impacts his play or his playing time.

Any Brian Waters sightings yet???
    If a free society cannot help the many who are poor, it cannot save the few who are rich. -- John F. Kennedy, January 20, 1961
    Quote Quote  

8. -28
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinzua View Post
    Back issues are nasty for the big uglies up front. The Bills had to put their 2010 2nd round draft pick DT Torrell Troupe on IR because he's NOT ready yet from back surgery. While Vollmer is off the PUP and back practicing, his back issue may be a chronic thing that impacts his play or his playing time.

Any Brian Waters sightings yet???
    Sure they may be, but Vollmer pretty well in limited time last night, and I would be shocked if Waters isn't with the team by earily next week.
    Quote Quote  

9. -29
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by NYCBillsFan View Post
    And yet, according to you, there are no issues with the Pats OL.......

Here's a word: TOOL.......
    If I'm not mistaken the thread was "biggest concerns in the AFC East", it's not. And I have a word for you, "DREAMING" as in dreaming the Bills will even come close to pats this season. That aside I do hpe they crush the Jets opening weekend.
    Quote Quote  

10. -30

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    If I'm not mistaken the thread was "biggest concerns in the AFC East", it's not. And I have a word for you, "DREAMING" as in dreaming the Bills will even come close to pats this season. That aside I do hpe they crush the Jets opening weekend.
    Well, at least we agree on one thing.......

FWIW, Dan Koppen was cut today......
    Last edited by NYCBillsFan; 08-31-2012 at 07:41 PM. Reason: Dammit, I wrote "Don" instead of "Dan"
    Quote Quote