Early April Mock Draft rd player pos school 1 Hageman DL Minnesota 2 Ja'Waun James RT Tennessee 3 West RB Towson 4 Gilmore TE Colorado St 5 T Turner OG LSU 6 Morris ILB Iowa 7 K Smith WR Washington
On paper, the Bills have made pretty good improvement over the last couple of years and were playing well prior to being hit hard by injuries last year. But I don't believe in Fitzpatrick nor do I see them doing anything significant without upgrading at QB. That said, IMO I see no reason why the Bills won't finish ahead of the Jets but they are not going to over take the Pats any time soon.
As for buttfumble and Fitzpatrick, It's too early to talk in a new season. I think both have more chance of improving and being successful with their different systems and coaches than of taking steps back this year. Same with Matt Moore if he gets some help.
I, too, have the feeling that the Jets may implode this season. If I were a Jets fan, I'd be in panic mode.
- There seems to be no long-term vision for making the team better, just haphazard actions and reactions.
- Hiring Sparano as the OC seems like simply hiring from the "failed Parcells pals club"; he's never been an OC.
- The supposed "plan" to hire Todd Haley to run the passing offense seemed bizarre from the get-go.
- Trading for Tebow literally just days after signing FA backup QB Drew Stanton also seems like a spur-of-the-moment decision.
- Their FO did almost nothing to deal with the numerous Jets deficiencies from last season, especially on the offensive side of the ball.
- FA SS LaRon Landry may not be ready to play, and neither Landry nor Bell are good in pass coverage.
- The Jets still don't have a veteran FS on their roster.
- They traded Stanton when he complained after they traded for Tebow.
- In a draft that was deep OLers, they didn't take one until the 6th round despite questionable play last season and a serious lack of depth.
- They still don't have a bonafide #2 WR.
- They seem to be bent on strengthening the defense against the run but ignoring both the pass defense (as with their safeties) as well as the entire offense.
- Ryan's claims that Tebow might be used for "as many as 20 plays a game" sounds like he's talking out of his anal orifice... again. Are they really going to use Tebow on punts or give him 1/3 of the offensive snaps? Isn't the job of the backup QB supposedly to be ready to take over for the starter in a pinch?
- The Jets claim to want to "ground and pound" but they've done nothing to improve their running game which was 29th in YPC in 2011 except to hire Sparano and his OL coach, DeGuilemo (sp?), both of whom won't be missed in Miami.
- Of course, with Tebow at QB, maybe the Jests will abandon the forward pass completely.
- Apparently, players pretending to "make nice" means that the locker room issues from last season, caused primarily because of buttfumble's poor play especially down the stretch, were at least swept under the rug, enabling the Jests' FO to bring in even more controversy in the person of Tim Tebow. IMO, it's only a matter of time before Tebow replaces buttfumble and the Jests crash and burn.
Even in the Bills in their deepest, darkest hours have never been as dysfunctional and inept as the Jets have seemed to be over the course of this off season.
If a free society cannot help the many who are poor, it cannot save the few who are rich. -- John F. Kennedy, January 20, 1961
The vision to hire Sparano was to go to a better protection scheme and more balanced offense in hopes of getting Samnchez back on track. They also extended buttfumble- this seems like a plan to me.
Todd Haley was just a rumor and speculation b/c in Dallas they did the same thing.
Tebow became available and he' a more versatile backup QB. This team does not stand pat, when they see a way to improve the team they go for it whether they are taking a risk or not.
The biggest problem on O was the healthy of the OL and Wayne Hunter. I think they assume their OL will be healthy and they have to make Hunter better- we'll see.
Smith can play Free and Leonhard is still very much an option.
They traded Stanton to keep their word, they told him they wouldn't bring in another QB. When Tebow became available things changed and to honor their word they traded him.
deep according to who?
We drafted a #2 WR in the 2nd rd and many had him graded as a 1st rounder.
How was drafting Coples ignoring pass defense? how was drafting Davis ignoring pass defense? or the 2 safeties? we have the best pair of corners in the game, we need help rushing the passer(Coples helps there along w/ a 2nd year mo Wilkerson) and covering backs and TEs(Davis helps there but we still need a coverage S).
Rex said as many as 20 snaps per game, that doesn't mean he will be getting 20 a game and he will be getting them in a variety of ways- WC, as a RB, H Back, on STs.
Tony and the OL coach helped make Reggie Bush look like a quality NFL RB so I think that will help and again the biggest problem was health of the OL.
Pretending? by flying down to Florida and working out together that was pretending? the problem is the LR issues were overblown, the team disappointed and players were pissed. I would have been more upset if they went out w/o a whimper like Buffalo.
Buf hasn't been as dysfuntional or as successful in a LONG time. I love that Bills think they signed Reggie White this offseason and that all their problems are solved.
bills are always terrible, and the jets are overrated, Fins go 10-6 and grab a wildcard birth