Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Preseason 2013 Pass Rusher Watch List

1. -31
    Hartselle Tigers (15-0) 5-A State Champ

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by hooshoops View Post
    mingo will go ahead of jones...

He might want to get his butt on the field, stay on it.... and start producing if he plans on going ahead of the best defensive player in the country.
    Quote Quote  

2. -32
    Ryan tannehill...like a boss

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    mingo is gonna test off the charts...and with his length and upside and pass rush tools not to mention 43 de is a premium draft slot position especially ones with terrific pass rush skills i don't see any way he gets out of the top 5...doesn't matter anyways...miami's gonna win too many games to sniff either one of them
    hoops scoops 2012 season ..."in 2014 ryan tannehill etches his name in stone amongst the games elite qbs"..."ryan tannehill and andrew luck will carry the afc for the next decade plus the way peyton manning and tom brady have this last decade plus"
    Quote Quote  

3. -33

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    mingo is gonna test off the charts...and with his length and upside and pass rush tools not to mention 43 de is a premium draft slot position especially ones with terrific pass rush skills i don't see any way he gets out of the top 5...doesn't matter anyways...miami's gonna win too many games to sniff either one of them

We all know he's going to test well. However, if he doesn't stay on the field and start producing soon he's not going to test at all because he's not going to declare early. He'll stay for another year.

He's still rail thin and not an ounce over 235 pounds at the most. Nobody is taking a physically underdeveloped 235 pound defensive end in the top 5 no matter how athletic he is. You're not going to play DE in the NFL at that weight. I'm actually a little disappointed that he hasn't added any weight and still thin as a zipper. Unlike Sam Montgomery who added about 15 pounds of muscle in the off-season. He looks good with it too.

Furthermore, he doesn't have elite pass rush skills. He simply has elite athletic ability, speed, and change of direction. We shut him out over 2 games last year. In 8 quarters of football against Bama's tackles he had 1 TFL. No sacks. Invisible. Our offense whipped him and the Herbal Badger up and down the field while smartly avoiding Morris Claiborne like the plague.

Jarvis Jones has already perfected playing the stand-up outside linebacker position under a former NFL defensive coordinator in Todd Grantham's system. He single handedly dominates games and essentially won the Missouri game for UGA. Whether it's stopping the run, dropping into coverage and intercepting passes, or spinning tackles like a top on his way to forcing fumbles... Jarvis Jones is the truth. He'll have his name in the Heisman Trophy conversation by the end of the season. This is the best defensive player in the country. I promise.

Mingo won't be drafted ahead of him.. and I like Mingo. But I ain't no fool. Jarvis Jones is it partner.
    Quote Quote  

4. -34
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TedSlimmJr View Post
    Jarvis Jones is the best defensive player in the country.

Although he's not a defensive end and won't be a defensive end. He's a 3-4 rush linebacker and he'll be one in the NFL. You don't see many athletes of this caliber rushing the passer who can destroy an offensive tackle with speed and then play with their shoulders perpendicular to the LOS the way he can. His hand use is so good that offensive lineman can't even sustain a base block on him in the run game. A top 5 pick similar to Von Miller.
    Yeah, that's what we need. I know the offense is screaming for a wide receiver, but Miami is going to struggle to get off the field on third downs versus good teams. We will probably win 5-6 games, though, which means both Jones and Mingo could be gone. Then again, we are in good shape to trade up if we really have to have someone. I do like CK's guy too, Bjorn Werner.
    Quote Quote  

5. -35
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Totally agree with Ted on Mingo.

Gayle looks very good to me, Lemonier also interesting. But I like Goodman a lot from the little bit I've seen of him so far.

Werner looks a little under-conditioned to me. I don't think he's going to wow with his measurements, which will put some teams off. So it's hard to know how he'll translate. Brains, work ethic and instinct go a long way in the NFL. I think he needs to add a little more core explosiveness to his frame and he could be special.

If I had to draft tomorrow, I'd be looking at Gayle and Goodman for Miami. If Goodman could get a little better consistency off the blocks (as ck also noted), he'd be a hell of a player. He's another guy that could benefit from more conditioning, imo.
    Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better. - S. Beckett
    Quote Quote  

6. -36
    Ryan tannehill...like a boss

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    totally disagree on mingo...his pass rush is no more raw than jpps was when he came out...he's not 235 lbs and we all know that after the college season the guys gonna carbo load and come in to the combine at 250 lbs plus and rip it up...teams will bet on the upside and salivate over him as a 265 lb end...and again 43 end with high pass rush tools trumps 34 olb when it comes to draft position rankings traditionally...can't see how or why it will change here...the new cba means even less risk upside will be huge...the guys motor is nonstop and he's dominant now light in the pants...i also have no idea what slimms talking about when he says mingo was dominated in the bama games...
    Quote Quote  

7. -37
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lexington, NC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    2013 Dolphins LogoRadioactiveCam Wake 91Tannehill 17
    No opinion on Demontre Moore?
    Quote Quote  

8. -38
    Still Perfect.. and You're Not.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Baltimore MD/ Miami, Flor
    Thanks / No Thanks
    It's a pretty good list. While I like Werner I don't see him in the class of Barkevious Mingo or Jarvis Jones. For my $ Barkevious Mingo and Jarvis Jones are franchise type of players.

First, Mingo is absolutely relentless and never gives up on a play. He has a long, athletic frame and his first step is explosive. He uses his hands well to fight off blocks and is explosive overall in the Jason Pierre Paul mold. Mingo has solid technique allowing him to maneuver around blockers and plays with great instincts.

Jarvis Jones can do it all when it comes to rushing the quarterback but his height. 6"2, will be concerning to some teams. The thing that stands out when it comes to Jarvis Jones that he plays the run exceptionally well.
    For your Sports News, Dolphins point of view, and Draft Talk please follow me at....

http://twitter.com/NealDriscoll and visit my draft site NFL DRAFT WIZARD (http://www.nfldraftwizard.com) and read my mock's and articles at MiamiDolphinsDraft.com
    Quote Quote  

9. -39

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    totally disagree on mingo...his pass rush is no more raw than jpps was when he came out...he's not 235 lbs and we all know that after the college season the guys gonna carbo load and come in to the combine at 250 lbs plus and rip it up...teams will bet on the upside and salivate over him as a 265 lb end...and again 43 end with high pass rush tools trumps 34 olb when it comes to draft position rankings traditionally...can't see how or why it will change here...the new cba means even less risk upside will be huge...the guys motor is nonstop and he's dominant now light in the pants...i also have no idea what slimms talking about when he says mingo was dominated in the bama games...

Mingo has already said he's 235 right now hoops... you're arguing just to argue. He looks thinner than that. He looks like a safety.

Have you even watched any college football this year...particularly LSU? Mingo didn't even start last week against Idaho. They've been starting Lavar Edwards in his place who isn't a bad prospect himself. Had a sack and an INT return for a TD in Mingo's place. Mingo sprained his ankle the week before against Washington and came in and played 2 series against Idaho before he was limping again. He has to get it together soon because he's not the only elite athlete in college who can rush the passer, except the rest of them are on the field producing. Mingo has done virtually nothing to this point.

JPP didn't go in the top 5 and he was already playing at almost 270 pounds in college. They didn't have to hope Pierre-Paul put on weight, it was already there.

I know exactly what I'm talking about when I say Bama dominated Mingo both games. I attended the first one in Tuscaloosa and have combed over the film of both games more than 25 times. If you know what you're talking about and I don't, feel free to inform me on all the plays he made. I know what happened and why.
    Quote Quote  

10. -40

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by datruth55 View Post
    No opinion on Demontre Moore?

I really like him. I was interested to see what type of transition he was going to make from outside linebacker to playing DE this year and it's been a smooth one. He looks natural at either.

I talked about him a little back in April and he was one of the underclassman that stood out to me. I had a thread for a few of my underclassman and my take on him as a (sophomore) linebacker.... about halfway down the page or so. I'll do more on him and his switch to defensive end if he declares...

http://www.finheaven.com/show...lassman)/page3
    Quote Quote