Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Preseason 2013 Pass Rusher Watch List

1. -41
    Ryan tannehill...like a boss

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    yeah i have watched some college ball...watched mingo look like by far the best looking prospect on the field against washington...admittedly as per usual i have not been locked in on college ball right now...most my free time is spent watching pro this early...but the dvrs working overload...i will ramp it up as we get closer to the postseason/draft process...

i can already see we are gonna have some disagreements this year...is milliner the same corner that every time he played the last few years would get torched??? i wanna say it was #28 that was getting owned and exploited when he played in years past...but i guess i could have him mixed up
    hoops scoops 2012 season ..."in 2014 ryan tannehill etches his name in stone amongst the games elite qbs"..."ryan tannehill and andrew luck will carry the afc for the next decade plus the way peyton manning and tom brady have this last decade plus"
    Quote Quote  

2. -42

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    oh and slimm here is where my love affair with mingo began...watching him beast in the national champ game against your bama boys...hell you even admitted that he had top 10 pick upside in the very thread...if you don't think that kid showed off legit talent and top pick worthy talent and upside well i suggest you watch it a 26th time...anyways i'm on the bandwagon with this kid beginning with post #27...first time i'd seen him play stuck out like a sore thumb...undeniable eye popping talent...

http://www.finheaven.com/show...e-thread/page3
    Quote Quote  

3. -43
    Hartselle Tigers (15-0) 5-A State Champ

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by hooshoops View Post
    yeah i have watched some college ball...watched mingo look like by far the best looking prospect on the field against washington...admittedly as per usual i have not been locked in on college ball right now...most my free time is spent watching pro this early...but the dvrs working overload...i will ramp it up as we get closer to the postseason/draft process...

i can already see we are gonna have some disagreements this year...is milliner the same corner that every time he played the last few years would get torched??? i wanna say it was #28 that was getting owned and exploited when he played in years past...but i guess i could have him mixed up

Nobody on Alabama's defense has been getting burned every time they played. You do realize that Alabama only allowed 111 yards per game through the air last year at a clip of 4.3 yards/attempt. Both best in the country by a substantial margin with Milliner playing the field corner in nickel packages because Menzie moved inside to the slot.

Milliner was burned a couple of times as a freshman 2 years ago because he hadn't quite grasped Saban's scheme yet. It was only a few plays (against Arkansas for example) where he'd be playing man coverage when everyone else was playing zone. The communication is sent in via the safety (Barron) and Milliner didn't get the call. The communication is the key to Saban's secondary.

He shuts down his side of the field for the most part. He's a big, physical, press corner who's capable of shutting down his side of the field, and does for the most part. He's already defended 5 passes in a little less than 2 full games (didn't play against Western Kentucky, and only the first half in the other two blowouts) with 2 interceptions (one called back for a penalty that he nearly returned for a TD last Saturday).

We're definitely going to disagree here.
    Quote Quote  

4. -44

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    my point being in years past when the defense gave up plays in the passing game the secondary player that primarily gave em up was milliner correct??? i'm fully aware that the bama d was legit and shut people down...i just recall when plays being made #28 the goat

he shut down half the field against michigans wrs but imo that was more a reflection of michigan having nothing at the position for the next level at least to my eye and robinson being scattershot as a passer
    Quote Quote  

5. -45

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    oh and slimm here is where my love affair with mingo began...watching him beast in the national champ game against your bama boys...hell you even admitted that he had top 10 pick upside in the very thread...if you don't think that kid showed off legit talent and top pick worthy talent and upside well i suggest you watch it a 26th time...anyways i'm on the bandwagon with this kid beginning with post #27...first time i'd seen him play stuck out like a sore thumb...undeniable eye popping talent...

http://www.finheaven.com/show...e-thread/page3

I think he does have top 10 potential, but it may not be this year.

He's definitely not going to play DE in the NFL at his current weight. Although I never thought he'd play DE in the NFL to begin with and said so several times from the beginning. I think he'll have to play linebacker unless he puts on 20-25 pounds of good weight, not manufactured weight.

I think he's a terrific athlete with a lot of upside, but he's not playing well this year. I was as high on him as anybody was but I've been watching him and I'm not going to go against what I see for the sake of being hard headed. He's got a lot of developing in front of him. Probably more than I thought.

Maybe you need to watch it for a 2nd time. Watch it like I have about 2 dozen times and tell me exactly where he isn't being controlled, and where all the plays are at that you're convinced he was making.....

Quote Quote  

6. -46

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    my point being in years past when the defense gave up plays in the passing game the secondary player that primarily gave em up was milliner correct??? i'm fully aware that the bama d was legit and shut people down...i just recall when plays being made #28 the goat

he shut down half the field against michigans wrs but imo that was more a reflection of michigan having nothing at the position for the next level at least to my eye and robinson being scattershot as a passer

He only got burned his freshman season because of miscommunication, not because of talent. I can't make it any clearer. If you need to see those games again then watch 'em again.

Dre Kirkpatrick got burned on the first play of the game by Andre Debose last year for a TD, not Dee Milliner. Kirkpatrick got burned again the week before by Arkansas, not Dee Milliner.

Those passes Milliner was defending against Michigan were on target, he was just in perfect position to defend the pass. The interception he had was because he ran Roy Roundtree (who will get a chance to play in the NFL in the slot) clean out of bounds with one push in press coverage and finished the route as if he was the receiver.

I'll take Milliner and you can have Sugar Possum any day.
    Quote Quote  

7. -47

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    oh wow i didn't even know that game was available...don't use youtube much...primarily dvr...but i will take another look...and yeah i was hoping he would come in this year with a good 10 more lbs of good weight and it doesn't look like he did...still teams are gonna salivate over the prospect of what he can do with good weight on that body...and i'm not about to say the guy can only play standing up in the pros...i see 43 de massive upside...
    Quote Quote  

8. -48
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ckparrothead View Post
    04. DE/OLB Dion Jordan, Oregon - Tall. Hands. Punch, shock, shiver. Strong side linebacker. Hits tight ends. Hits backs. Quick off snap. Length. Outside rush. Counters. Decent control. Speed. Acceleration. Tight end background. Aware.
    Every time I try to watch Dion Jordan, my eye gets pulled to Kiko Alonso. Troubled kid, yes, but incredibly instinctive, great game reader. Kaddu is the opposite of Alonso - physical, raw, a total project player. Alonso is NFL-ready, imo. I'm sure that practising week-in week-out against Chip Kelly's offense is great for linebackers' development and Alonso keeps displaying his ability to get around the ball and make plays.

Completely hashed up his pick at the weekend by getting out of sync with his army of blockers, but if scouts believe that he's a reformed character he could really climb the draft charts.

Sorry for the sidetrack! At some point I'll look at Dion Jordan without getting distracted.
    Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better. - S. Beckett
    Quote Quote  

9. -49
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Btw, no love for Chase Thomas of Stanford as an OLB?
    Quote Quote  

10. -50

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fin Thirteen View Post
    Btw, no love for Chase Thomas of Stanford as an OLB?

You'll find some here on page 2 of this thread I made back in May....

http://www.finheaven.com/show...Seniors)/page2

I consider the top of the Senior class of pass rushers (DE/OLB) to consist of Thomas, Okafor, Dion Jordan, Walter Stewart, Datone Jones, Cornellius Carradine, Trevardo Williams, Quanterus Smith, David Bass, Willie Jefferson, Michael Buchanan, Jamie Collins, Toben Opurum, and Devin Taylor.

I've always liked Thomas right there with the best of 'em.

As an aside, Josh Mauro at defensive tackle is a kid who is blossoming as a Senior for Stanford along the defensive line. If you pay attention to how Stanford beat USC, it all starts at the LOS with Thomas and Mauro. I think Mauro might even draw some interest as a 5-tech by some teams that utilize 30 fronts.... he's a pretty solid prototype for it at 6'6" 280 pounds with room to add another 10-15 pounds to his frame. Probably in the late round category right now with upside as a developmental player is where I have him.
    Quote Quote