Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: Preseason 2013 Pass Rusher Watch List

1. -51
    Still Perfect.. and You're Not.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Baltimore MD/ Miami, Flor
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Check out my 7 Round 2013 NFL Mock Draft http://nfldraftwizard.com/?p=2828
    For your Sports News, Dolphins point of view, and Draft Talk please follow me at....

http://twitter.com/NealDriscoll and visit my draft site NFL DRAFT WIZARD (http://www.nfldraftwizard.com) and read my mock's and articles at MiamiDolphinsDraft.com
    Quote Quote  

2. -52
    Ryan tannehill...like a boss

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    i just got done looking at werner against wake...and i can definitely see why many of you guys like him...i see some things i really like there...one thing really stands out to me...

carradine limited exposure but right now i'm kinda ehhhh....
    hoops scoops 2012 season ..."in 2014 ryan tannehill etches his name in stone amongst the games elite qbs"..."ryan tannehill and andrew luck will carry the afc for the next decade plus the way peyton manning and tom brady have this last decade plus"
    Quote Quote  

3. -53
    Hartselle Tigers (15-0) 5-A State Champ

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    There are certainly better pure pass rushers in the country than Bjoern Werner as far as that goes, but I don't think any play the defensive end position better than he does. He sees everything and plays with his head up. Even when he loses leverage on the football with his pass rush he can still find it and make the play.

I still think Carradine can be just as dominant... he continues to get better every week.

Ben Habern and Patrick Larimore shouldn't be in any mock drafts as they both retired from football prior to the season. Habern because of neck injuries and Larimore due to concussions.
    Quote Quote  

4. -54

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    werners got a very good get off of the ball...that's huge for me with edge pass rushers...he gets off the ball very quickly...can get a little upright though after but i'm always of the opinion if you have plus get off of the ball i can work with your pass rush and you can make hay...i see real strength in his hands also...
    Quote Quote  

5. -55

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Have you found all those plays Mingo made against Bama yet, hoops...
    Quote Quote  

6. -56
    Premium Member

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Werner's getoff is consistent, is what I like there. It's good, not super ridiculous but very good, but best of all it's consistent.

The awareness and ease with which he can shed the block are two things that stood out last year. He's like J.J. Watt when it comes to getting his hands up and knocking down passes.
    Twitter: @ckparrot
    Quote Quote  

7. -57

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TedSlimmJr View Post
    Have you found all those plays Mingo made against Bama yet, hoops...
    haven't looked at it yet...that said i never said he made a ton of plays...what i said is that he showed off sick talent and was the best looking pro upside and talent prospect on the field...i stand by that...when i look this weekend i'll write down the times and plays that stood out to me and post them for you to review though...i thought he was the best looking player from a pro future stand point on either los...the kinda talent that teams salivate over...

anyways werners get off...consistent sounds good...it's not jaw dropping but he sure looked like he was consistently the first guy off the ball from what i saw...it's a plus get off for me
    Quote Quote  

8. -58

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    What exactly are you calling upside besides athletic ability and speed? Mingo has certainly shown those things in the past (against Oregon, Auburn, and Arkansas for example) but he didn't show "sick talent" or the "best pro upside and talent prospect on the field" against Alabama in either game. In both games the best prospects on the field were Trent Richardson and Morris Claiborne.

I specifically said that Mingo was dominated by Alabama, you said you didn't know what I was talking about... as if he was making a bunch of plays. He didn't make any, hoops.

Here's what happened on the first drive Bama had the football:

-Mingo was base blocked by a guard (Chance Warmack). If you know what a base block is, the best pro prospect on the field shouldn't be getting base blocked by a guard.

-Beat slow footed D.J. Fluker to the inside... him and 2 other LSU defenders force McCarron to unload the ball early

2nd Drive:

Didn't play. They pulled him off the field because he was losing leverage on the football by getting upfield too far, not maintaining gap integrity in the run game.

3rd Drive:

-Didn't start the drive on defense

-We complete a pass on him in the flat to the TE (Underwood) for a 1st down

-Run right at him as he's easily moved for another 1st down

-Blocked by the H-back (Brad Smelley) on the long pass to Kevin Norwood, who owned the Herbal Badger all game

-Again, base blocked by Fluker on the play where McCarron missed a wide open Smelley down the sideline

-Mingo dropped into zone coverage, McCarron scrambled for a nice gain

-Caught in the wash on the inside

I could go on, but this is essentially how it unfolds throughout the entire game. He had 2 tackles the entire contest and one of those was on the fake punt which resulted in another 1st down. He ended up getting a TFL somewhere along the way, but no sacks and no pressures. Tell me where he's at on the 34 yard TD run by Trent Richardson in the 4th quarter that went right at him... You see that #49 getting rag dolled by Barrett Jones on the play? That's Mingo.
    Quote Quote  

9. -59

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    i already said in the actual game thread that mingo got destroyed on that play by jones...anyways i said the best pro upside at the los as in guys playing on it...and again i stand behind it...and this kids going very very high despite all his deficiencies that you like to point out it seems...higher than you could ever justify i guess
    Last edited by hooshoops; 09-20-2012 at 11:51 PM.
    Quote Quote  

10. -60
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    As a FSU fan, I've liked Werner since the first time I saw him. No issues with him being a Dolphin.
    Quote Quote