Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Congrads to coach Jimmy Johnson

1. -1
    grip it and rip it

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    DolphinDolphinDolphin

Congrads to coach Jimmy Johnson

Being inducted into the college football hall of fame.

Here is his interview with Dan Sileo who played for him.

http://wqam.com/interviews

His time here did not end well but as always he's a character.

Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    #$%# that useless $#@%er. He may have drafted some good players. BUt he treated Marino like garbage, I will never let that grudge go.
    I don't wanna step on anybody's beliefs, but......................... well, here we go.
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Hartselle Tigers (15-0) 5-A State Champ

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    This particular college Hall of Fame class is poor. Any collegiate Hall of Fame class that doesn't include Derrick Thomas is a farce, and it's due to the ridiculous rule where a school can't have players inducted into the Hall of Fame in back to back years. We had Marty Lyons inducted last year.

Steve Bartkowski? I'm old enough to remember when we beat the Bartkowski led California team 66-0.

Jimmy should go in with the same class as Phillip Fulmer.

Tommie Frazier is another one that belongs in the college football Hall of Fame soon.
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    grip it and rip it

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    DolphinDolphinDolphin
    Quote Originally Posted by jtrose70 View Post
    #$%# that useless $#@%er. He may have drafted some good players. BUt he treated Marino like garbage, I will never let that grudge go.
    i felt that way too at the time but Marino was on the downside of his career and J J wanted a good defense and to run the ball. He was also following Shula which was hard to top.
    Jimmy did draft Yatil Green to help Dan along but the 1st round pick never played. He also drafted Jason taylor , Zach Thomas , Sam Madison and Pat Surtan to build a top 5 defense for years to come.

He played on a National Championship team at Arkansas. Won a championship for the Canes and two super bowls for Dallas. His U M team that lost to Penn st in another title game is considered one of the best of all time.

Not a bad resume.
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    What's really B.S. is that Schnellenberger is ineligible.
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I hated Jimmy being a part of the Dolphins ,hated the way he tried to steal the job from Don Shula on TV. hated it even more that it worked and he got the job and Shula was pushed out.

He's a shameless snake in my book......With that said, lol what he did at the U was awesome!!!
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    grip it and rip it

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    DolphinDolphinDolphin
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Of Miami View Post
    I hated Jimmy being a part of the Dolphins ,hated the way he tried to steal the job from Don Shula on TV. hated it even more that it worked and he got the job and Shula was pushed out.

He's a shameless snake in my book......With that said, lol what he did at the U was awesome!!!
    Yea lots of older dolphins fan feel like the whole J J / Shula thing was handled badly. I remember being happy that he came here but pissed about how they handled both Shula and Marino.
    The award is for college and as a Canes fan i feel he deserves it as you said.
    It was a slow news day and I thought is was interesting.
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    There wasnt going to be a good way to remove Shula that would make fans happy. But it was necessary for Shula to go, There were two key draft failures that could of solved the JJ and Marino tension and that was Yatil Green being healthy and Cecil Collins staying out of trouble. With the D-Fense that JJ built, Collins and Green would of worked wonders with Marino and I think we would of been Super Bowl contenders. Congrats JJ
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Hartselle Tigers (15-0) 5-A State Champ

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Jimmy's accomplishments elsewhere other than Miami is what barely gets him into the college Hall of Fame. His experience as a head coach in college doesn't even meet the minimum requirement of 10 years.

He was 1-1 in national championship games as a coach and has a losing record in bowl games (2-3).

Dennis Erickson has a higher winning percentage at Miami, and won twice as many national titles as Jimmy. Erickson is also an innovator of the one-back offense going back to his days at Idaho where Scott Linehan played quarterback for him. He'll be there soon.

Out of Jimmy, Dennis Erickson, and Howard Schnellenberger.... Jimmy is the least deserving to be in the college football Hall of Fame. The fact that Howard Schnellenberger is ineligible based on winning percentage is the biggest travesty in the sport. He resurrected dead programs, and started brand new one's. One of the best program builders of his era.

He took what he learned from Bear Bryant at Alabama and is the reason the University of Miami even has a football program. Howard Schnellenberger is why Jimmy Johnson is now in the college football Hall of Fame.

This man belongs in the Hall of Fame.
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    1/7/14

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TedSlimmJr View Post
    Jimmy's accomplishments elsewhere other than Miami is what barely gets him into the college Hall of Fame. His experience as a head coach in college doesn't even meet the minimum requirement of 10 years.

He was 1-1 in national championship games as a coach and has a losing record in bowl games (2-3).

Dennis Erickson has a higher winning percentage at Miami, and won twice as many national titles as Jimmy. Erickson is also an innovator of the one-back offense going back to his days at Idaho where Scott Linehan played quarterback for him. He'll be there soon.

Out of Jimmy, Dennis Erickson, and Howard Schnellenberger.... Jimmy is the least deserving to be in the college football Hall of Fame. The fact that Howard Schnellenberger is ineligible based on winning percentage is the biggest travesty in the sport. He resurrected dead programs, and started brand new one's. One of the best program builders of his era.

He took what he learned from Bear Bryant at Alabama and is the reason the University of Miami even has a football program. Howard Schnellenberger is why Jimmy Johnson is now in the college football Hall of Fame.

This man belongs in the Hall of Fame.
    This. A hundred times this, and I don't even like the Hurricanes.
    Quote Quote