Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: MERGED: Y. Bell Signs with Jets

1. -41
    FinHeaven Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    120 mi west of Costa Rica
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Jurassic World2013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetsfan0099 View Post
    That is because no one wants to sign with the Dolphins. Ryan Clark said how he was offered more money by the Dolphins and was proud to not sign there, saying how bad of a organization they are with the people running them. Its a 1 yr deal for Bell, hes had over 100 tackles the past 4 seasons so how bad can he be? Gives us some depth.
    No, only Ryan Clark didn't want to sign with the Dolphins. He even admitted after he re-signed with the Steelers in 2010 that the visit to Miami was a contract ploy. Funny how his story has changed. I guess all the free agents Miami signed this offseason didn't get the memo. lol

As for Bell, his play dropped off last year and his stats were inflated. He probably won't start in New York, and as people in the Eagles organization said "he is done". That is two organizations(Dolphins, Eagles) that don't see much of anything left in the tank.

Quote Quote  

2. -42
    Undrafted Pro-Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Montreal
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ckparrothead View Post
    I'm bothered. He's a good player.
    You have a valid point but he cannot cover the AFC east TE's.. We needed new blood!!!
    Quote Quote  

3. -43
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Nublar7 View Post
    No, only Ryan Clark didn't want to sign with the Dolphins. He even admitted after he re-signed with the Steelers in 2010 that the visit to Miami was a contract ploy. Funny how his story has changed. I guess all the free agents Miami signed this offseason didn't get the memo. lol

As for Bell, his play dropped off last year and his stats were inflated. He probably won't start in New York, and as people in the Eagles organization said "he is done". That is two organizations(Dolphins, Eagles) that don't see much of anything left in the tank.
    Then why did Philly extend an offer to him if they felt he was done? He was deciding btw 2 offers today- us and philly.

Yeremiah Bell made his choice and it was not the Eagles.

The free agent safety signed a one-year contract with the New York Jets, an NFL confirmed, after he narrowed his choices down to two teams.

The Eagles and Jets made the same offer at one point Friday morning, a source close to the situation said.

Read more: http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/...#ixzz1vFc7d5eS
    Watch sports videos you won't find anywhere else
    Quote Quote  

4. -44
    FinHeaven Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    Then why did Philly extend an offer to him if they felt he was done? He was deciding btw 2 offers today- us and philly.
    "at one point Friday"

Might have been the veteran minimum but the Jets stepped up by overpaying. That is a strong possibility. Just because most in the organization think he is done doesn't mean there is one that wants to take a chance(probably Sparano). Don't expect much from Bell.
    Quote Quote  

5. -45
    The Legend

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Toledo, Oh.
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Washed up but like when Taylor signed there he is now dead to me
    Fan Since 1985 Born Into It
    Quote Quote  

6. -46
    Finheaven Hall of Fame

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    im kinda chuckling. so they get landry....that wasnt really a smooth move as he was still injured or something. Now bell comes along. Its more a sign they cant seem to get the position right. Sounds like us in the past. lol

Bell sucked in first half and then started that nonsense where Bush responded and then Bell had a good game or two. Thats what you will get from Bell. a Good play or two. Hopefully, its against the Pats and not us.
    Quote Quote  

7. -47
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    "at one point Friday"

Might have been the veteran minimum but the Jets stepped up by overpaying. That is a strong possibility. Just because most in the organization think he is done doesn't mean there is one that wants to take a chance(probably Sparano). Don't expect much from Bell.
    Yep, I'm sure the Jets blew him out of the water w/ that incredible 1 year deal at just over a million(great money for us but slumming for an NFL vet)

Keep making those excuses.

I don't expect much from him outside of quality depth but he was wanted by other teams.
    Quote Quote  

8. -48
    FinHeaven Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigjbizzle2 View Post
    The difference between Taylor and Bell is that Bell was willing to take anything. If he didn't take the Jets offer he might have went to the CFL or retired. Just an extra paycheck for Bell.
    Quote Quote  

9. -49
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigjbizzle2 View Post
    We carried Taylor further than he ever made it w/ Miami so maybe we can do the same w/ Bell?

---------- Post added at 03:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:42 PM ----------

The difference between Taylor and Bell is that Bell was willing to take anything. If he didn't take the Jets offer he might have went to the CFL or retired. Just an extra paycheck for Bell.
    or the number of other teams that were interested before he narrowed his choices down to Philly(my preseason favorite to win it all) and the Jets.
    Quote Quote  

10. -50
    FinHeaven Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    Yep, I'm sure the Jets blew him out of the water w/ that incredible 1 year deal at just over a million(great money for us but slumming for an NFL vet)

Keep making those excuses.

I don't expect much from him outside of quality depth but he was wanted by other teams.
    What excuses? This signing is a minor blip on the radar, really doesn't bother me and I wasn't even going to post until Jetsfan0099 made that ridiculous post. This signing is more of a "hey look Dolphins we signed your guy" kind of move. Doesn't add much to what happens on the field more of a buzz move.
    Quote Quote