Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: ESPN James Walker: Fins have 3rd best defense........in the AFC East

Hybrid View

1. -1
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

ESPN James Walker: Fins have 3rd best defense........in the AFC East

http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast/post...-east-defenses

No. 3: Miami Dolphins

Analysis: This will surely upset Dolphins fans, many of whom feel their defense is elite. Well, as I've said before, Miami's defense is somewhat overrated. It's a good group and a tough group. But it's not elite. Miami was ranked No. 15 in total defense. Its pass defense was No. 25. The Dolphins are still looking for another pass-rusher opposite Cameron Wake, who had eight sacks in 2011. They also lost their leading tackler in Bell and their leader in Jason Taylor, who retired. Miami will play more 4-3 concepts under first-year defensive coordinator Kevin Coyle.
    What a clown this Walker guy is. He says the Jets have the #1 defense and the Bills have the #2 defense. ESPN needs a new AFC East beat writer.
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Crypt Keeper View Post

What a clown this Walker guy is. He says the Jets have the #1 defense and the Bills have the #2 defense. ESPN needs a new AFC East beat writer.
    you don't think the Jets have the best defense in the division?
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Finfansince75

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Chihuahua, Mexico
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    you don't think the Jets have the best defense in the division?
    Yes!!! and the best Qb too, not to mention the best WRs and the best OC... Superbowl Caliber team!!!!!

Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Clearwater, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17
    Who has been saying this defense is elite? I actually think our D will be top 10, but I actually do kind of agree with him. I think the Bills defense will be vastly improved this year.
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Jamestown, NY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Miamifinz View Post
    Who has been saying this defense is elite? I actually think our D will be top 10, but I actually do kind of agree with him. I think the Bills defense will be vastly improved this year.
    "Vastly improved" could mean moving into the top half of the league's defenses, which IMO, would be great for the Bills considering they were in the high 20s, and almost as bad as the Pats in pass defense.

On paper, I'd give the Jets the nod, but I think when they play the games, their statistically rankings will likely falter. I think that they may be pretty good against the run, but teams are going to gouge them in the passing game. Their safeties remain a big liability in the passing game, and there's no guarantee that they'll generate a better pass rush than they did last season. Coples is converting from a 4-3 DE to a 3-4 OLB as well as being a rookie.

I'd say, as of today, it's:
    Jests
    Fins
    Bills
    Pats
    If a free society cannot help the many who are poor, it cannot save the few who are rich. -- John F. Kennedy, January 20, 1961
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinzua View Post
    "Vastly improved" could mean moving into the top half of the league's defenses, which IMO, would be great for the Bills considering they were in the high 20s, and almost as bad as the Pats in pass defense.

On paper, I'd give the Jets the nod, but I think when they play the games, their statistically rankings will likely falter. I think that they may be pretty good against the run, but teams are going to gouge them in the passing game. Their safeties remain a big liability in the passing game, and there's no guarantee that they'll generate a better pass rush than they did last season. Coples is converting from a 4-3 DE to a 3-4 OLB as well as being a rookie.

I'd say, as of today, it's:
    Jests
    Fins
    Bills
    Pats
    The Jets defense has been top 5 the past 3 seasons since Rex became HC, Rex wasn't as hands on with the defense last season but he will be this season. And I don't see how teams are going to gouge us in the passing game... Last season with a mediocre pass rush and bad safeties we still had a top 5 pass defense. We have IMO the best CB tandem in the league. And our safeties should be better than last season, if Laron Landry is healthy hes a guy that can ran a 4.35 coming into the league and has the range to blow guys up over the middle. Bell is better than Eric Smith. Overall I like our depth better at safety than last season, we have guys that should be more active, a lot depends on if Landry can stay healthy and if our rookies can contribute. My biggest issue with the defense is the lack of depth at OLB, Coples is not converting to OLB, he will be playing with his hand in the dirt. Bryan Thomas is coming off of a significant surgery and is older, not much of a pass rusher to begin with. Then there is Pace who is solid but not much of a pass rusher. Aaron Maybin has to build off of last season. But for the most part, the Jets play team defense.
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    On paper we are. The Bills have improved themselves in theory. They have to prove it on the field. Hate to admit it but the Green Filth does have the best D in the division. We are good, not elite. We need more pass rush than just Cam and our Corner back play needs to improve, although they have both showed signs of being what we want them to be. Until proven otherwise the Pats D is garbage. They invested a lot this past draft. But,,, its all potential so far.
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    The world is your's...

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    LI, NY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Crypt Keeper View Post

Why is he a clown? Everything he said is true. The Bills got Mario Williams AND Mark Anderson to improve their d line a ton, the Jets defense is demonstratively better than our's, and our pass D still sucks.

"I don't have pet peeves, I have psychotic ****ing hatred"
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    TANNERECTION!!!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Wichita, Kansas
    Thanks / No Thanks
    The Jets have the best D in the division, on paper Buffalo has improved greatly so I can understand to Walkers point. Although Walker is incorrect about Taylor being the leader, the Fins don't have a pass rush other then Wake, still don't have a proven answer at FS, need to fill Bells spot and only have one solid boundary corner. Add in that they will be changing systems and it's easy to be skeptical.
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    news flash, the pats D is prob better than ours too.
    Quote Quote