Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.



VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 193

Thread: ESPN James Walker: Fins have 3rd best defense........in the AFC East

  1. -41
    drumzan's Avatar
    Scout Team

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Feb 2012
    Posts:
    70
    vCash:
    1121
    Thanks / No Thanks
    James Walker and the rest of the NFL media is ALWAYS going to be bias against the Dolphins.

    What he fails to talk about is that the Dolphins defense gave up a lot of their points off turnovers. The only knock I have on the Dolphins defense is making more plays (sacks, INT's, fumbles, tackles for loss, etc). With Coyles as the new DC, we're definitely going to be seeing more playmakers.

    Adding Mario Williams to a defense doesn't automatically make them better than other defenses. The Jets are overrated on all accounts. I would put the Dolphins as the top defense. And I think the Pats D will improve greatly .


    ------------------------------------------------------------
    Quote Quote  

  2. -42
    ReppinThe941's Avatar
    Starter

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jul 2010
    Posts:
    169
    vCash:
    1069
    Thanks / No Thanks
    We absolutely have the best defense in our division.....The Jets have zero pass rush and outside of Revis have a very difficult time covering anyone one-on-one for the 3 seconds they have too. They are also not as good at shutting down the run since Jenkins began his slew of injuries. Bart Scott is well past his prime and regularly gets stood up by FB and G's. Rex may be the most defensive minded coach in the division but his blitz schemes have lost much of there luster and the humorous part is that Sparano drafted the blue print to neutralize there multiple/free blitzer scheme.

    Miami by far has the most depth and is the most talented in the front 7. Yes the bills got Mario who played 4 games last year and Mark Anderson who the pass rush needy Pats let walk. The Bills also have a post steroid Merriman and a has been Nick Barnett headlining there LBing corps. Meaning there LBs suck. Dansby and Burnett trump any Lbs in our division maybe now being rivaled by Mayo and Hightower.

    Also the reason we were 25th against the pass is because we shut down the run and Nolan was deathly afraid to play aggressive in obvious passing situations. When all you do is play predictable coverage and your stud pass rusher gets mugged all day its gonna be tough to stop Terrific Tom.

    Best front 7, all kinds of talent and potential in the defensive secondary....if our guys can hold onto the ball this year our defense will be feared around the League.....

    NYJunc thinking the Jets defense is best in the division......dude wake up.....Jets had one stellar year on D and still lost to Peyton.....your window is closed and you have nothing at QB...head on back to gang green.
    Boom Goes the Dynamite!
    Quote Quote  

  3. -43
    nyjunc's Avatar
    Hall Of Famer

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2004
    Posts:
    28,456
    vCash:
    21649
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Blog Entries:
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by drumzan View Post
    James Walker and the rest of the NFL media is ALWAYS going to be bias against the Dolphins.

    What he fails to talk about is that the Dolphins defense gave up a lot of their points off turnovers. The only knock I have on the Dolphins defense is making more plays (sacks, INT's, fumbles, tackles for loss, etc). With Coyles as the new DC, we're definitely going to be seeing more playmakers.

    Adding Mario Williams to a defense doesn't automatically make them better than other defenses. The Jets are overrated on all accounts. I would put the Dolphins as the top defense. And I think the Pats D will improve greatly .
    so most of Miami's points allowed came off turnovers but the Jets are overrated? do you realize the Jets turned it over 34 times while Miami turned it over 25 times but the Jets D is overrated and Miami's D has the TO excuse.

    I do agree our D was not very good last year but it's going to be more '09 & '10 like than '11 like this year

    ---------- Post added at 02:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:31 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by ReppinThe941 View Post
    We absolutely have the best defense in our division.....The Jets have zero pass rush and outside of Revis have a very difficult time covering anyone one-on-one for the 3 seconds they have too. They are also not as good at shutting down the run since Jenkins began his slew of injuries. Bart Scott is well past his prime and regularly gets stood up by FB and G's. Rex may be the most defensive minded coach in the division but his blitz schemes have lost much of there luster and the humorous part is that Sparano drafted the blue print to neutralize there multiple/free blitzer scheme.

    Miami by far has the most depth and is the most talented in the front 7. Yes the bills got Mario who played 4 games last year and Mark Anderson who the pass rush needy Pats let walk. The Bills also have a post steroid Merriman and a has been Nick Barnett headlining there LBing corps. Meaning there LBs suck. Dansby and Burnett trump any Lbs in our division maybe now being rivaled by Mayo and Hightower.

    Also the reason we were 25th against the pass is because we shut down the run and Nolan was deathly afraid to play aggressive in obvious passing situations. When all you do is play predictable coverage and your stud pass rusher gets mugged all day its gonna be tough to stop Terrific Tom.

    Best front 7, all kinds of talent and potential in the defensive secondary....if our guys can hold onto the ball this year our defense will be feared around the League.....

    NYJunc thinking the Jets defense is best in the division......dude wake up.....Jets had one stellar year on D and still lost to Peyton.....your window is closed and you have nothing at QB...head on back to gang green.

    The best front 7, best at shutting down the run, arguably best lb corps if Kaddu or Koa can step up,
    how does the best D in the division help their team start 0-7? anything after 0-7 you can throw out b/c your season was over.

    It's funny how you guys tell me our D is overrated(a year ago I'd agree), our coach isn't very good and our QB stinks yet we seem to have success every year- how does that happen?
    Quote Quote  

  4. -44
    NY8123's Avatar
    Sophisticated Redneck

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jan 2008
    Posts:
    11,785
    vCash:
    5875
    Loc:
    out in the Ding Weeds
    Thanks / No Thanks
    The list is correct if you base it off from last season performace and moves up until this point in the season. The Jets have the best D in the division, they have proven it time and time again over the past few seasons. Miami is 2nd or 3rd until they prove themselves and if you are making a list off paper comparisons the Bills did more in the offseason on that side of the ball to warrant the leap frog of Miami to 2nd on the list.

    Like it or not Miami has a huge question mark at both safety positions, they have an overpaid ILB who should be an all pro but isn't and they need a pass rusher to complement Wake. The switch to the hybrid 43/34 will help out the unit but in the NFL you better be able to shut down the passing game and unless I missed something in football 101, the safety position and pass rush have major implications on pass coverage and how well it is executed.
    "I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally" ~ W.C. Fields

    Quote Quote  

  5. -45
    ReppinThe941's Avatar
    Starter

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jul 2010
    Posts:
    169
    vCash:
    1069
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Um its a team game there junc....There are 3 aspects to the game last time i checked and we weren't very good at the offensive part last year to open things up.....also the shortened offseason and our TERRIBLE coaching may have played a roll. its good though beacuse now Sparano is your problem...so be ready to watch Tebow wild cat it up all day while marky stuffs his face with wieners on the sideline. 8-8 is success? All that is is missing the playoffs and getting a terrible draft position. Its like the worst of both worlds.....now im not gonna say if your not gonna make the playoffs....losee every game, etc. but im just saying missing the playoffs in the nfl...not one person characterizes that year as a success.

    Oh yea we did start 0-7..so we didnt win like anything the first half of the year...and yet finish only two games behind you....including taggin that behind week 17 when we ended your season....i wont forget Marky fav target...Randy Starks...he threw more competitions to our 300+ lbs d-lineman that game than he did to his #1 wr Santonio.....dang...but your year was a success as you mentioned.
    Quote Quote  

  6. -46
    Roman529's Avatar
    Moon Runner / The 3 AM Crew

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jul 2004
    Posts:
    33,725
    vCash:
    10808
    Loc:
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Crypt Keeper View Post
    http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast/post...-east-defenses



    What a clown this Walker guy is. He says the Jets have the #1 defense and the Bills have the #2 defense. ESPN needs a new AFC East beat writer.
    Yeah but the Patriots almost won the Superbowl with their crappy defense.
    Quote Quote  

  7. -47
    NYPhin24's Avatar
    Scout Team

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2007
    Posts:
    4,175
    vCash:
    1089
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    so most of Miami's points allowed came off turnovers but the Jets are overrated? do you realize the Jets turned it over 34 times while Miami turned it over 25 times but the Jets D is overrated and Miami's D has the TO excuse.

    I do agree our D was not very good last year but it's going to be more '09 & '10 like than '11 like this year
    ---------- Post added at 02:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:31 PM ----------



    how does the best D in the division help their team start 0-7? anything after 0-7 you can throw out b/c your season was over.

    It's funny how you guys tell me our D is overrated(a year ago I'd agree), our coach isn't very good and our QB stinks yet we seem to have success every year- how does that happen?

    and you know that how?
    Quote Quote  

  8. -48
    nyjunc's Avatar
    Hall Of Famer

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2004
    Posts:
    28,456
    vCash:
    21649
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Blog Entries:
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by ReppinThe941 View Post
    Um its a team game there junc....There are 3 aspects to the game last time i checked and we weren't very good at the offensive part last year to open things up.....also the shortened offseason and our TERRIBLE coaching may have played a roll. its good though beacuse now Sparano is your problem...so be ready to watch Tebow wild cat it up all day while marky stuffs his face with wieners on the sideline. 8-8 is success? All that is is missing the playoffs and getting a terrible draft position. Its like the worst of both worlds.....now im not gonna say if your not gonna make the playoffs....losee every game, etc. but im just saying missing the playoffs in the nfl...not one person characterizes that year as a success.

    Oh yea we did start 0-7..so we didnt win like anything the first half of the year...and yet finish only two games behind you....including taggin that behind week 17 when we ended your season....i wont forget Marky fav target...Randy Starks...he threw more competitions to our 300+ lbs d-lineman that game than he did to his #1 wr Santonio.....dang...but your year was a success as you mentioned.
    you beat us in a close game and we would have been eliminated either way and last I checked you still finished 2 games behind us despite beating us in week 17, right? You haven't been closer than 2 games behind us since 2008.
    Quote Quote  

  9. -49
    nyjunc's Avatar
    Hall Of Famer

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2004
    Posts:
    28,456
    vCash:
    21649
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Blog Entries:
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by NYPhin24 View Post
    and you know that how?
    I can't say I KNOW it, many things can happen but I expect it for many reasons.

    -Rex calling the D again- this is HUGE
    -Coples & Davis
    - slimmed down, motivated Bart Scott
    -bryan thomas back
    -Mo Wilkerson in year 2
    -improved safety play

    I expect somewhere btw 2009 & 2010 production.
    Quote Quote  

  10. -50
    josekareh's Avatar
    Finfansince75

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2005
    Posts:
    4,243
    vCash:
    1352
    Loc:
    Chihuahua, Mexico
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    you don't think the Jets have the best defense in the division?
    Yes!!! and the best Qb too, not to mention the best WRs and the best OC... Superbowl Caliber team!!!!!

    Quote Quote  

Similar Threads

  1. AFC East WR Rankings - James Walker
    By VA_Finfan in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 03-20-2013, 08:34 PM
  2. ESPN James Walker: All AFC East Team
    By NYPhin24 in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 12-27-2012, 04:39 PM
  3. AFC East Morning Take-Who is James Walker?
    By zach attach in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 06-12-2012, 08:42 PM
  4. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-25-2012, 01:11 PM
  5. Espn's James Walker-Dolphins are no quick fix
    By finny1333 in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 99
    Last Post: 04-25-2012, 03:10 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •