Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now

Thread: Pray For Coach Philbin

1. -1
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

AMEN2 Pray For Coach Philbin

What a year this is shaping up to be for coach Philbin.

They say the hardest thing in life is to experience the death of your children, especially when they are still young. It is said, there is no full recovery, even with time.

A 57 year old friend of mine recently passed and his parents were devastated. How much more difficult when the boy has just recently become an adult.

Now, Philbin is coming under scrutiny by millions and the buck stops with him.

This fall he will have have to make decisions that will change the course of several young men's lives forever.

I think the last few roster spots for the 53 are probably going to be impossible to resolve based on all overt factors. Then there is the QB decision and on and on.

I just can't imagine the weight on this guy.

He could use all the support he can get this year.

I am usually vicious and cruel when it comes to those responsible for the Dolphins winning. With Philbin this year, I am going all out positive, and whenever I think of it, I'm praying for Philbin no matter how I feel about God or the universe in general.

Comfort and Wisdom for Joe.
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Left So Fla, never the Fins...

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    NC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Being a parent of two, I am sure that there can't be any greater loss than a child. I can't imagine the hurt he and his wife and rest of family have gone thru. As a Dolfan, I hope for success and wins, but for Joe and his family, I wish the best whether that means success for the fins or not...
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I lost my 12 year old daughter and wife 6 years ago. Life is never the same after losing a child. There is always that "what might have been" thought. Coach has a hard road ahead of him. I also will pray for him, I know the pain. I am hoping he doesn't over-do it to try to hide the pain. Eventually it will surface, no matter how hard you work to keep your mind of the topic.
    I don't wanna step on anybody's beliefs, but......................... well, here we go.
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Pensacola, Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jtrose70 View Post
    I lost my 12 year old daughter and wife 6 years ago. Life is never the same after losing a child. There is always that "what might have been" thought. Coach has a hard road ahead of him. I also will pray for him, I know the pain. I am hoping he doesn't over-do it to try to hide the pain. Eventually it will surface, no matter how hard you work to keep your mind of the topic.
    I'm deeply sorry for your loss, man.
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    I'm Ron Burgundy?

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Wisconsin
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Classy post Elliot. Philbin seems like a great guy

---------- Post added at 12:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:43 AM ----------

Kudos to you for pushing through. Good luck with everything
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Repin the MIA in AZ!!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Phoenix, AZ
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I am sorry for your loss. I couldn't imagine going through that.
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Ours is the fury.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Colorado Springs
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Too sad. Back in October a childhood friend of mine was killed in a car crash on I-95. Guy was 23 and an avid Dolphins fan just like the rest of us. Life is too fragile.
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Enjoy every breath. You don't know what tomorrow holds. Enjoy every simple little thing. Especially your loved ones.
    Quote Quote