Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now

Thread: Good Job Vatican....You Should be Proud

1. -1
    More Smug than Birthday Dog

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91

Good Job Vatican....You Should be Proud

Written in 09, just saw it posted on another message board.

Declaring that "life must always be protected", a senior Vatican cleric has defended the Catholic Church's decision to excommunicate the mother and doctors of a nine-year-old rape victim who had a life-saving abortion in Brazil.
    Cardinal Giovanni Batista Re, who heads the Pontifical Commission for Latin America, told reporters that although the girl fell pregnant after apparently being abused by her stepfather, her twins had, "the right to live, and could not be eliminated".
    Jose Cardoso Sobrinho, the conservative regional archbishop for Pernambuco where the girl was rushed to hospital, has said that the man would not be thrown out of the Church, because although he had allegedly committed "a heinous crime", the Church took the view that "the abortion, the elimination of an innocent life, was more serious".
    http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...m-1640165.html

God must be proud.

Quote Quote  

2. -2
    InRegioneCaecorum RexEstLusces

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Zombieland (lookn4 Myles)
    Thanks / No Thanks

SOAPBOX

This is pretty ****ed up but not surprising, especially considering how the Catholic Dioceses have enabled their pedophile priests to continue to prey on and knowingly wreck the lives of young innocent victims by transferring them to other unsuspecting parishes once detected in lieu of turning them in for prosecution.

That said, Catholics don't have a monopoly on outdated thinking, bunker mentalities and hypocrisy- let alone claiming their way being the only guiding light. The same convoluted beliefs and abuses can be said for and exemplified within all organized religions. It's been my observation including 2 grandfathers who were of different religions that the more devoutly intractably dug in into your own the less tolerant you are of anyone with non-conforming beliefs.

**** 'em all. As a Deist I can maintain my spirituality and belief that our ever- wondrous world is the result of a grand design and a supernatural being who was its architect, without being drawn in to bull**** meant to control like the notion of heaven and hell, them vs. us and blindly, but selectively and conveniently embracing certain sections of a book as gospel, that, IMO is as much a product of folklore as 1001 Arabian Nights!

"Yep. Blow it up. This might the worst team I've ever seen constructed in my life.
    And then you throw in the terrible preparation and in-game coaching. There is no defense.
    But do it right. Fire everyone in the building. No survivors. , JiF Jetnation

Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Brooklyn
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Hydra logo
Gift received at 05-21-2014, 12:20 PM from DisturbedShifty1972 Dolphins Logo
    If their kind of god is the kind of god I'm supposed to be worshiping, I'll take hell. I mean, how bad can northwestern New York be?

Quote Quote