Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.



VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 62

Thread: Forbes: Smallest Govt spender since Eisenhower? Obama.

  1. -31
    Dolphins9954's Avatar
    Pro Bowler

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2005
    Posts:
    10,148
    vCash:
    7575
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by LANGER72 View Post
    Romney has not even been elected yet. For you to lump him in with Bush and Obama is not fair to the man.
    He deserves a chance(if elected) to make changes before he is painted in a negative light.
    His policies that support government interventions like bailouts and wars will guarantee he keeps us in the red. I've never heard one word from him on how he plans to balance the budget. Obama doesn't have those words in his vocabulary at all. And all I've seen from Romney is his support for Paul Ryan's plan which doesn't balance the budget for 30 years. Romney is just another continuation of the same fiscal and monetary policies we've all come to know.





    "Politics is the Art of Looking for Trouble, Finding it Everywhere, Diagnosing it Incorrectly, and Applying the Wrong Remedies"
    Quote Quote  

  2. -32
    Locke's Avatar
    They looked like strong hands.

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2008
    Posts:
    8,860
    vCash:
    5306
    Loc:
    Albuquerque, NM
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SnakeoilSeller View Post
    Please tell me more about civil debate. I make one comment in a year and suddenly I am off in some conservative circle jerk forum? That sounds civil.

    The reality is liberalism is a lie. It always is and always will be, just like the article claiming that Obama isn't a big spender. It is a lie. Liberals claim civility, but who attacked who personally?

    Civility in a liberal mind = "lolz we dun lyke dem educmacated librals" Liberalism is a lie, and the actions of liberals usually prove liberalism is a lie.
    Glad to see you haven't changed during your hiatus. Hateful neoconservatives, such as yourself, are tearing this country apart.

    How is liberalism a lie? In fact, what is liberalism? Do you even know? I can't wait to see your answer to this. I can almost guarantee you're going to sidestep the questions though. Make some snide comment about something unrelated, and think you just "put me in my place". This should be interesting...

    If I could take your pain and frame it, and hang it on my wall,
    maybe you would never have to hurt again...

    Quote Quote  

  3. -33
    JamesBW43's Avatar
    You're standing on my neck

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Nov 2005
    Posts:
    3,835
    vCash:
    6253
    Loc:
    Gainesville, Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Damn. All this time, I had no idea that liberalism was a lie. I wonder if I can ask for a partial refund on my master's degrees.
    Not every human is a manipulative, opportunistic, letch... or at least that's what I'm told.
    Quote Quote  

  4. -34
    SnakeoilSeller's Avatar
    Scout Team

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2007
    Posts:
    4,500
    vCash:
    1000
    Loc:
    Galloway, NJ
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Locke View Post
    Glad to see you haven't changed during your hiatus. Hateful neoconservatives, such as yourself, are tearing this country apart.

    How is liberalism a lie? In fact, what is liberalism? Do you even know? I can't wait to see your answer to this. I can almost guarantee you're going to sidestep the questions though. Make some snide comment about something unrelated, and think you just "put me in my place". This should be interesting...
    What hate? I did not attack anyone, I did not spew hate. I stated my opinion, not about any one individual person but about liberalism and look at the response. What part was the civil part? What parts of your responses to me were civil? I think that liberalism and all that it stands for is a lie. It never works. It never has worked. I am not going to side step the question because quite frankly I dont care to get into this huge debate with you. It is not worth my time or my effort. If that makes you feel like "you won", so be it. If that's what you need.
    Quote Quote  

  5. -35
    phinfan3411's Avatar
    pofo mofo

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2007
    Posts:
    2,660
    vCash:
    4123
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SnakeoilSeller View Post
    What hate? I did not attack anyone, I did not spew hate. I stated my opinion, not about any one individual person but about liberalism and look at the response. What part was the civil part? What parts of your responses to me were civil? I think that liberalism and all that it stands for is a lie. It never works. It never has worked. I am not going to side step the question because quite frankly I dont care to get into this huge debate with you. It is not worth my time or my effort. If that makes you feel like "you won", so be it. If that's what you need.
    I think what Locke is trying to say is many people (imo) would be shocked at the actual meaning of the word liberal, many people throw it around, and do not really look into its true meaning.

    It has been a while, but when i looked into it, a liberal had many interesting meanings that i certainly identified with including the pressing of individual liberties or freedoms, and small government if my memory serves...
    Last edited by phinfan3411; 05-29-2012 at 08:01 PM.
    Quote Quote  

  6. -36
    Locke's Avatar
    They looked like strong hands.

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2008
    Posts:
    8,860
    vCash:
    5306
    Loc:
    Albuquerque, NM
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by phinfan3411 View Post
    I think what Locke is trying to say is many people (imo) would be shocked at the actual meaning of the word liberal, many people throw it around, and do not really look into its true meaning.

    It has been a while, but when i looked into it, a liberal had many interesting meanings that i certainly identified with including the pressing of individual liberties or freedoms, and small government if my memory serves...
    Thank you. The word liberal is thrown at anything and everything that can be construed as negative. Especially with most of our resident Neocons, it's used as an insult towards anyone who doesn't agree with them. Calling it a lie is saying that it is saying something that is intentionally not true. It's OK to disagree with the tenets of liberalism, but to call it a lie is just feeding into the hyper-partisan rhetoric that dominates our culture currently...
    Quote Quote  

  7. -37
    JamesBW43's Avatar
    You're standing on my neck

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Nov 2005
    Posts:
    3,835
    vCash:
    6253
    Loc:
    Gainesville, Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SnakeoilSeller View Post
    What hate? I did not attack anyone, I did not spew hate.
    Quote Originally Posted by SnakeoilSeller View Post
    I make it a point not to comment the political forum anymore. It is too loaded with ignorant liberal bs to the point where even commenting is a waste of my time and effort.
    Quote Quote  

  8. -38
    SnakeoilSeller's Avatar
    Scout Team

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2007
    Posts:
    4,500
    vCash:
    1000
    Loc:
    Galloway, NJ
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Locke View Post
    Thank you. The word liberal is thrown at anything and everything that can be construed as negative. Especially with most of our resident Neocons, it's used as an insult towards anyone who doesn't agree with them. Calling it a lie is saying that it is saying something that is intentionally not true. It's OK to disagree with the tenets of liberalism, but to call it a lie is just feeding into the hyper-partisan rhetoric that dominates our culture currently...
    But saying that I was at some conservative circle jerk and calling me a neo con helps our current culture how? Your recent posts on this just prove my point and further reinforces my beliefs on liberalism and it's ridiculous hypocrisy. I did not attack anyone individually, did not attack anyone by name - yet I was not afforded the same respect. If anyone took what I said about liberalism personally, well that's a you problem not a me problem.
    Quote Quote  

  9. -39
    phinfan3411's Avatar
    pofo mofo

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2007
    Posts:
    2,660
    vCash:
    4123
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Bringing to top.
    Quote Quote  

  10. -40
    phinfan3411's Avatar
    pofo mofo

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2007
    Posts:
    2,660
    vCash:
    4123
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolphins9954 View Post
    Here's a good read disputing this.....in short classic Washington fuzzy math.


    FACT CHECK: Obama off on thrifty spending claim



    http://news.yahoo.com/fact-check-oba...231221900.html



    I believe this pretty much sums it up, and it is brought up by the least partisan person I know.
    Quote Quote  

Similar Threads

  1. Eisenhower's prophetic farewell speech
    By SkapePhin in forum Political | War Forum
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-04-2013, 01:02 PM
  2. 50 years ago today, Eisenhower's Military Industiral Complex speech.
    By Dolphins9954 in forum Political | War Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-17-2011, 07:48 PM
  3. Will the real tax-and-spender please 'fess up?
    By finataxia24 in forum Political | War Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-16-2008, 01:15 AM
  4. Eisenhower: A vote for Kerry
    By finataxia24 in forum Political | War Forum
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-06-2004, 09:22 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •