Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Forbes: Smallest Govt spender since Eisenhower? Obama.

1. -41
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    The author did aa great job supporting his numbers with where he got the data and does include the bailouts some of the bailouts were signed off by bush so it is appropriately assigned to bush

---------- Post added at 10:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:54 AM ----------

Just look at the below comments under the article can't believe the author even responded to them
    Quote Quote  

2. -42
    pofo mofo

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Please, just read the fact check on the article, it is a very partisan piece, i feel this type of crap is detrimental to our nation.

I am not trying to shield the republicans, they bring absolutely NOTHING to the table, my continuing problem is the belief held by some that the only problem is the other "team" (politics has taken on that mythical favorite team mentality), the only way this changes is if both parties lose their core support without proper representation.

Their should be NO Bush supporters, when he was in power he did the equivalent of walking into the oval office and taking a crap on the desk. Obama, basically the same, and they do it because they know their supporters hate the other side more than they care about what the heck they do, disgusting.
    Quote Quote  

3. -43
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-me...-has-lowest-s/

---------- Post added at 04:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:11 PM ----------

The main idea is correct like I said the numbers might be a little off, but the idea that he hasn't increased the budget as much as the rest is true
    Quote Quote  

4. -44
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    West Virginia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    LOL. Obama EXEMPLIFIES "Big Government". He preaches it every single day of his life. Is this thread a joke?
    Quote Quote  

5. -45
    More Smug than Birthday Dog

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nick1 View Post
    http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-me...-has-lowest-s/

---------- Post added at 04:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:11 PM ----------

The main idea is correct like I said the numbers might be a little off, but the idea that he hasn't increased the budget as much as the rest is true
    But thats irrelevant. The guy before him spent oodles of money and racked up a huge deficit. Its illogical to just increase it anyway, but barely less than some other presidents did, and then act like you did something special. Bottom line is that he followed a president that had wreckless fiscal policies and actually increased the budget and is growing the deficit at a ridiculous rate.

Quote Quote  

6. -46
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    West Virginia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by tylerdolphin View Post
    But thats irrelevant. The guy before him spent oodles of money and racked up a huge deficit. Its illogical to just increase it anyway, but barely less than some other presidents did, and then act like you did something special. Bottom line is that he followed a president that had wreckless fiscal policies and actually increased the budget and is growing the deficit at a ridiculous rate.
    Ummmm...Obama didn't get our country attacked and the World Trade Centers get crumbled down as soon as he got thrown into office. Is this so hard to comprehend?
    Quote Quote  

7. -47
    They looked like strong hands.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Albuquerque, NM
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by CashInFist View Post
    Ummmm...Obama didn't get our country attacked and the World Trade Centers get crumbled down as soon as he got thrown into office. Is this so hard to comprehend?
    Ummm. Bush knew the attacks were being planned and did nothing to prevent them...

If I could take your pain and frame it, and hang it on my wall,
    maybe you would never have to hurt again...

Quote Quote  

8. -48
    Fat Kid

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Wait, what?

Now Bush gets a pass on spending money hand over fist near the end of his term because of 9/11?

Color me shocked at that excuse.
    "I'm not here to be a distraction," Pouncey said.
    http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/10...ogical-testing
    Quote Quote  

9. -49
    More Smug than Birthday Dog

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Yea good thing you guys invaded Iraq to prevent that happening again.
    Quote Quote  

10. -50
    1/7/14

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Locke View Post
    Ummm. Bush knew the attacks were being planned and did nothing to prevent them...
    I'm a liberal and hated President Bush but I have to say I disapprove of this. The man was many things: a buffoon, an evangelical whack job, a liar, a guy who gave Cheney the reigns of power and the man ultimately responsible for the death of 4,804 America soldiers in a senseless war in Iraq.

But the notion that -- had he known -- he would have done nothing about 9/11 out of... what? Laziness or a lack of caring or... seriously, what, exactly? It breaks with reality, imo. It's not so bad as the 9/11 Truth movement, but you have to assume more than just incompetence there. You're assuming something almost sinister.

It's pretty much a long dead issue but it was something I felt I had to express, particularly as a lib.
    Quote Quote