Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567

Thread: Forbes: Smallest Govt spender since Eisenhower? Obama.

1. -61
    They looked like strong hands.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Albuquerque, NM
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWalrus View Post
    Sometimes I really wonder whether people's concept of the job of president is like that scene from the 1989 Batman where the Joker is at the head of a parade just throwing money into the crowd at random.

That's a stupidly ignorant way to look at it, yet KTOWNFINFAN's post basically ascribes to that kind of worldview, meant sarcastically or not. It's like no one understands that the political decisions on the budget are really only made in the margins (much of it is set aside in one fashion or another) and most of those decisions are made by, you know... that political body that actually writes and votes on the law.

The political power of the president is magnified because all of it rests in one place but the Constitution was purposefully set up to minimize the power of the president relative to Congress, especially when it comes to domestic concerns.
    You're talking about a guy who blames gays for every single problem humans have had since they learned how to harness fire. If you're expecting intelligent discourse from him, I hope you're ready for a long wait...

If I could take your pain and frame it, and hang it on my wall,
    maybe you would never have to hurt again...

Quote Quote  

2. -62
    1/7/14

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Locke View Post
    You're talking about a guy who blames gays for every single problem humans have had since they learned how to harness fire. If you're expecting intelligent discourse from him, I hope you're ready for a long wait...
    Yeah, I don't either. But I also have the perhaps misguided notion that ridicule is a powerful motivator, and that sometimes if you laugh in someone's face (or over the internet, as it were), in their haste to defend themselves they might actually do some research and potentially learn something.

Either way, laughing in someone's face is usually satisfying, especially when they're the type who blames gays for everything when they're clearly gay themselves.
    Quote Quote