Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2013 Draft

1. -1
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

2013 Draft

Although this year Class of 2012, might have some potential 'diamonds in the rough,' let's just hope there aren't any draft busts like in previous years. Since the class of 2012 behind us, its time to focus on a bunch of new college hopefuls.

Who are your 2013 Mock Draft picks?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Ya_V...ure=plpp_video
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Not that I think the draft will go anything like that, but it got me to thinking. Matt Barkley could really end up regretting not coming out this year.
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Moon Runner / The 3 AM Crew

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I really like USC Wide Receiver Robert Woods, and Notre Dame LB Manti T'eo. But let's see what they do next year!!!
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by silverfin View Post
    Not that I think the draft will go anything like that, but it got me to thinking. Matt Barkley could really end up regretting not coming out this year.
    A team would have traded and made Barkley the #3 pick this year. I agree with you, he isn't going to be drafted that high in 2013.
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    The fact that people are already talking about the 2013 draft is proof, if it was needed, that the NFL is arse about face.

The draft is kind of fascinating , I admit, but should really be just a minor sideshow. Because the offseason is soooo interminably long though, it gets pumped up into something way out of proportion.

I wish the NFL season was at least 2 months longer, with more bye weeks between games, which would allow players more recuperation time and would make the competition less condensed. Then we wouldn't have an offseason that was longer than the actual season, like present.

The fact the 2013 draft is being discussed on several threads only days after the 2012 on finished is a little bit depressing, IMO.

It has become almost like a spinoff sport of it's own. Weird!
    Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better. - S. Beckett
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Costa Rica
    Thanks / No Thanks
    The draft, at least for me, is as exicting as opening day...but I agree with you on the longer season...spot on
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    The Fluke

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lakeland, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fin Thirteen View Post
    The fact that people are already talking about the 2013 draft is proof, if it was needed, that the NFL is arse about face.

The draft is kind of fascinating , I admit, but should really be just a minor sideshow. Because the offseason is soooo interminably long though, it gets pumped up into something way out of proportion.

I wish the NFL season was at least 2 months longer, with more bye weeks between games, which would allow players more recuperation time and would make the competition less condensed. Then we wouldn't have an offseason that was longer than the actual season, like present.

The fact the 2013 draft is being discussed on several threads only days after the 2012 on finished is a little bit depressing, IMO.

It has become almost like a spinoff sport of it's own. Weird!
    To be fair, this is the draft forum.

Valandui's Weekly Music Video

Black Crown Initiate: Stench of the Iron Age (Live)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CVlkgT4RCzo
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Jarvis Jones OLB UGA, we probably will not be in a position to draft him but he is a STUD the next Demarcus Ware IMO. He will beast up with UGA's weaker schedule this year and boost himself into a top 7 or 8 pick.
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Valandui View Post
    To be fair, this is the draft forum.
    Totally, and I get sucked in as much as the next guy. I just commented as an observation of how absurd it is, rather than any sort of criticism.

The draft has grown to fill a gap in football fans stomachs, who have to put up with an offseason longer than the actual football season. The popularity of college football also drives it, but it's totally crazy how it takes hold.
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Dream Songs
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fin Thirteen View Post
    Totally, and I get sucked in as much as the next guy. I just commented as an observation of how absurd it is, rather than any sort of criticism.

The draft has grown to fill a gap in football fans stomachs, who have to put up with an offseason longer than the actual football season. The popularity of college football also drives it, but it's totally crazy how it takes hold.
    If you're just interacting with the draft on the level of, "Miami needs a WR. I hope we draft one," then I understand why you'd think this. Value assessment is one of our (speaking of humans) favorite games to play. It takes on different shapes, and the NFL Draft is one of my favorites.
    Quote Quote