Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: MiamiDolfan85's Early 2013 Miami Mock Draft(7 rounds)

1. -11
    Moon Runner / The 3 AM Crew

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by phinfan33 View Post
    Garrard is on a 1 year contract,and may or may not be back, Moore is in the last year of his 2 year deal, and depending on how he performs in our new offense, will decide whether he's brought back. So drafting a QB is smart, and i fully expect us to draft one next year, it's just a matter of what round we take him in.

I don't see why we wouldn't just resign Moore, to go along with Tannehill. Garrard is probably nothing more than a clipboard holder, but he does have NFL experience and depending on how he has recovered from past injuries, and fits in the new system, I would probably just keep him around as well. I think we have to improve our defensive secondary, and d-line....but maybe if a decent QB were to slide to the 4th round than maybe???
    Quote Quote  

2. -12
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    with 50 mill to spend on fa not sure if we dont take a safety before the draft.perhaps we shore up the o line as well in fa and take bpa with our first n second round picks
    Quote Quote  

3. -13
    DA M.I.A IS WHERE I STAY

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami,FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by allsilverdreams View Post
    with 50 mill to spend on fa not sure if we dont take a safety before the draft.perhaps we shore up the o line as well in fa and take bpa with our first n second round picks
    with Philbin being brought over from Green Bay, I doubt we'll ever see Miami going into FA looking for starters again. Its just something he's been inhabited to do. I expect us to build throught the draft, in all phases. Starters, nickles, and depth players.

Inspired by no other than Ben Violin
    Quote Quote  

4. -14
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    N.W. GA.
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Roman529;1064322132[B[B
    ]]I don't see why we wouldn't just resign Moore[/B][/B], to go along with Tannehill. Garrard is probably nothing more than a clipboard holder, but he does have NFL experience and depending on how he has recovered from past injuries, and fits in the new system, I would probably just keep him around as well. I think we have to improve our defensive secondary, and d-line....but maybe if a decent QB were to slide to the 4th round than maybe???
    It depends on how well Moore does in the WCO we'll be running. I personally expect us to draft a QB in next year's draft.
    Quote Quote  

5. -15
    What Sherman aspires to be

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Maryland
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MiamiDolfan85 View Post
    2.)Da'Rick Rodgers, WR out of Tennessee(6'3",215)

[This guy is one of the best YAC wr's in college football. A big season can boost him into the first round. As of now, he's graded as a mid 2nd-early third rounder but Im also taking into account his potential combine performance. As I expect him to do well, I think he will ultimately be an early second round selection. I can see this guy in the Pro Bowl one day. So physical, so strong. He gets away with freak athleticism in college, but he's gonna have to work on his route running. Aswell as staying healthy, which is probably the biggest knock on him of all. What I like the most from Rodgers is his work ethic. Never gonna be out worked on the field. Whether its beating press, or finding a soft spot in coverage. He and Tannehill will make for a lethal combination.
    You're mixing your facts of Justin Hunter and Da'Rick Rogers. Hunter is the one with the injury issues after tearing his ACL last year & the limited route running tree being primarily a vertical threat. Rogers has never missed a game due to injury. The biggest knock on Rogers is his maturity and learning ability. He couldn't get on the field consistently during his freshman season due to bad practice habits & the bar fight that got him arrested. Both of which caused him to land in Dooley's doghouse & limited playing time. Rogers was also suspended (though publicly denied) after this season & missed a couple spring practices as he threatened to transfer to Georgia St. Initial indications are that he's another premadonna receiver with talent that is more about himself than his team. No thank you.
    Quote Quote  

6. -16
    Premium Member

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Bad attitude or not, Da'Rick Rogers is a pretty damn interesting receiver talent.
    Twitter: @ckparrot
    Quote Quote  

7. -17
    Premium Member

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    MiamiDolphin85's orginal list has some interesting players on it.

I like A.J. Klein a lot. I like Da'Rick Rogers a lot as a receiver talent although I'm wary of the reputation he has for being a guy with a poor attitude. Something to keep an eye on.

I'd love to take a look at Klein's teammate Jake Knott. I think he could be the better overall talent because he's a better coverage linebacker. They're both very smart players, both would be excellent value linebackers.

I'm a fan of Shamarko Thomas as a value play at safety. He's a guy that TedSlimmJr brought up in another thread. Shamarko caught my attention a few years ago in a big game he had against USF and I've had my eye on him since. A nice value at safety could also be Vaughn Telemaque. He's got good size and physicality, speed for a safety...and he's always been way smarter than Ray Ray Armstrong who definitely has more 'wow' factor but whom I could also imagine fizzling.

I would like to see Miami go for more than value at receiver and defensive end, but also have the option of going high on an inside linebacker if the right one (Shayne Skov, Manti Te'o) drops to the right price.

At receiver I think until Marquess Wilson gets the kind of acclaim he deserves, I would have my eye on him if I'm Miami. Keenan Allen and Robert Woods keep getting more acclaim for now and so Miami might have a shot at the guy I feel may be the best WR in the Draft. If you have to get off him then I see Aaron Mellette as a guy that the Dolphins should be interested in. I wrote him up in Slimm's thread on seniors. Like I said, Da'Rick Rogers is a sensational talent, but I'm wary of his past and the rumors of continuing poor attitude. I'm not against Robert Woods or Keenan Allen, I just think their price at the moment is more than they're worth...but we'll see come Draft day. A mid round option could be Ryan Tannehill's favorite target, Ryan Swope. However, I'm a little reluctant to give a developing quarterback his favorite college target, tempting him to force the ball to Swope (as he did at times in college) even though Swope may not be any better than mediocre at the NFL level. Really, the guy to keep an eye on with one of the 3rd round picks would be Denard Robinson. He is a terrific playmaker with great athletic skills and focus. He may not be destined to play quarterback at the next level but if you can get him accept and transition to wide receiver early, you may really have something.

At defensive end I wrote up my top 10...or rather the 10 most popular guys at the moment and where I would rate them relative to one another. I think Bjoern Werner is an absolutely superb draft talent. I wouldn't hesitate to take him and know that I've got that position opposite Wake taken care of permanently on a three-down basis. It would allow me to move Olivier Vernon inside to pass rush against guards on passing downs, and rotate with Wake and Werner on 1st/2nd downs to keep everyone fresh. It's all a win-win, to me. Right now Werner is not getting the acclaim he should. He should be a LOCK for the 1st round but he's not commonly recognized as such, yet. That to me puts him in play for Miami. I'm not too worried yet that Miami will end up picking too low for him.

Aside from Werner you have James Gayle and I think he's special. He could be a special OLB in the 3-4 and if you have the right talent to play that, then why not play it? He could also be a special DE in a 4-3 though, I wouldn't hesitate to take him either. He's not getting the acclaim he should at the moment, either. If that persists, that could be a great value play in the 2nd round. Depending on what they run, you could also find some value at this position in Alex Okafor or William Gholston in the 2nd round. Okafor has a really impressive all-around game and I don't see why some like his teammate Jeffcoat better. I don't see it at all. I see Okafor getting the outside shoulder, making plays, tracking the ball, showing strength...he's a good player. Gholston is a huge, physically gifted beast. He's much more physical and just...angry...than his cousin was.

I mean, let's say you get a shot at DE Bjoern Werner in the 1st round, WR Marquess Wilson in the 2nd, and in the 3rd round (where Miami has two picks) you start looking to mop up some talent like LB Jake Knott and WR Denard Robinson...then in the 4th round you can pick up a SS Shamarko Thomas...heck of a Draft if you ask me.
    Quote Quote  

8. -18
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I like the picks
    Quote Quote  

9. -19
    DA M.I.A IS WHERE I STAY

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami,FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JCane View Post
    Two things:

I love Eric Reid. Now, assuming where we draft I don't like drafting a Safety that high (unless his name is the great Eric Berry). If we're in the same range as we were this past season then Reid is a bit of a reach IMO. Middle of the draft I say go for it.

I like Da'Rick Rodgers a lot. I like him enough to believe that he finds his way into the first round of the draft.
    I, personally, dont think Reid will make it out of the first 8 picks....I truely believe he's better than La'ron Landry coming out, and he was taken 5th overall(I think, or 6th I dont remember).
    Quote Quote  

10. -20
    DA M.I.A IS WHERE I STAY

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami,FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I really like Bjoern a lot too. He has Jared Allens motor, and that natural, brute, german kickboxing-heavywight fighter strength. I think he could be a really good player, but I dont know if he'd warrant a top 10 selection. I think I'd take Barkevious Mingo and Sam Montgomery(who would have been a top 20 pick had he come out in 2012) over him, especially since I think these two will be future Pro Bowlers whether thats as a 4-3 DE or OLB in a 3-4.

Marquess Wilson....listen. I think this guy does has "it". But it's something about receivers that big, drafted this early that fringes me between him being the next Larry Fitzgerald, or Mike Williams...Could be a boom or bust type player but I do believe he is a player.

I'll check out Shamarko, because of that. I really was focused on Reid ever since that Alabama game last year. I just watched him, and zeroed every other safety out. I was literally like, "this guy is special". And I like Gholston too. i think he and Devin Taylor are gonna be the Carlos Dunlap's of the draft. Long, athletic linemen, with an array of swim moves, that will ultimately become mid-round picks but starters within their first 2 seasons in the league. Also, Swope looks to be a slight smaller, slower, Jordan Shipley. However, he is reliable, but I'm concerned we may have already got that type of player in Bess. But we'll see what kinda of numbers Swope puts up this eyar and at the combine. Everyone knows he can catch, and isn't afraid to cross the middle. The key is having a solid senior season, and posting no slower than a 4.5 at the combine that will determine where he falls imo.

Also, Im gonna check out James Gayle and Knott. Who else are you looking at in the mid rounds...namely rounds 3-5
    Quote Quote