I finally took the plunge!! I dropped a pretty penny on 2 tix to the Jets @ Miami game on September 23rd this year. What can I say, the Hard Knocks buzz got the best of me. I'll be sitting in row 6 section 141 (40 yard line) with my wife behind the dolphins bench. Clearly, i am excited.
I was hoping you fellow Floridians as well as out of towners who make the treck into Ft Lauderdale could share some info with me. We plan on flying into Ft Lauderdale on the 22nd (Saturday) and staying near the stadium. After the game, i'd need to make my way to South beach, then i need accommodations for 3-4 days while in Miami. Can someone help me out with the following?
- Am i better off flying into Miami International? What's easiest to get in and out of considering i'll be heading straight to the stadium after landing, but i'll also be coming from Miami Beach upon departure.
- Where should i stay the night before the game? Preferably don't want to be in the same hotel as dirty sanchez and Tony.
- How will i get from the stadium (after the game) to South Beach? Is that going to cost me a fortune?
- Where do you recommend i stay once in Miami? My wife really wants to stay in/near Miami Beach. I was checking out the Sheraton 4 points as i have a corporate discount there... any other suggestions? Would love a view of the ocean.
- What is a must when we're there? Any restaurants/bars you recommend? Any hidden gems that I should check out?
Can't thank you enough for your help.