Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Max Payne 3

1. -11
    The Ghost

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lakeland, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    That's awesome. It may actually be worth it to become a vampire now.

Valandui's Weekly Music Video

The Devin Townsend Project: Kingdom (Live)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2jZjziohaPc
    Quote Quote  

2. -12
    The Ghost

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lakeland, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I wonder if you can be a hybrid werewolf/super-vampire?
    Quote Quote  

3. -13
    #freespesh

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cheaters might be an unavoidable reality in multiplayer gaming, but they still stink.
    Rockstar Games, though, has an interesting way of dealing with the problem: isolate the troublemakers and force them to play against each other.

"We're aware that a small minority of players are spoiling the Max Payne 3 multiplayer experience for honest players with cheats and hacks, and while certain issues will be dealt with in forthcoming title updates, today we'd like to make it clear that anyone using these nefarious methods will be dealt with," the company said in a corporate blog post.

Rockstar has created an area called the "Cheaters Pool," where it will toss anyone who uses hacked saves, modded games or other shortcuts to gain an advantage -- a group the developer calls "confirmed miscreants." Once confined to that area, they'll only be able to play against others who have used cheats like invincibility hacks, infinite adrenaline or score boosters.
    Don't think the infractions will be tolerated even in the pool, though. Anyone in that quarantine zone who's caught cheating a second time will be banished from the multiplayer servers indefinitely.
    http://games.yahoo.com/blogs/plugged...XBhZ2U-;_ylv=3

Quote Quote  

4. -14
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    marshville, nc
    Thanks / No Thanks
    i got aggravated with max payne, got to a save point and could not do anything with it, my schedule now i rarely play much anymore but i put the game down about 3 weeks ago and havent picked it up since. got pissed about the one mission even though im soooooo close to the end i think...from hunched behind a wall i gotta sniper like 6 guys in a 7-8 story building across from me, i lost all my weapons and pretty much just have to start with sniper rifle, which is no prob sniping until i gotta go through room behind me. oh well, im off a week for the 4th ill try again
    Quote Quote  

5. -15
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I was rambling about Max Payne 3 in another thread and here's a whole thread for it (err and Skyrim?). The very best Rockstar games have the unique ability to make me lose my **** over them. I couldn't stop talking about Red Dead and Vice City for weeks. I think I feel the same way about MP3. There are points of frustration, but the build in intensity is amazing. I went from being bored after the first few levels to thinking it's one of the best action games I've ever played at the end. I like my games to have variety so nonstop gunfights sounded tedious, but they managed to keep me into it. I just like the Rockstar style of storytelling. Like there was that level of immersion in the old west there's something similar here with shady South American politics. The story is just so damn engaging. By the time you hit the airport and Tears kicks in I was all in.
    Quote Quote  

6. -16
    They looked like strong hands.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Albuquerque, NM
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Still haven't 1Ked this. I'm not sure I've played a harder game on Xbox. I'm on the last level on New York Minute, and I just can't get it done. Such a pain in the ass...

If I could take your pain and frame it, and hang it on my wall,
    maybe you would never have to hurt again...

Quote Quote  

7. -17
    #freespesh

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Pretty good game, about to beat campaign.

My question is, how was the multiplayer? Any lasting appeal? Im hooked on the game but want to hold off before another play through. Problem is, as im obviously months behind, i lack all the maps and DLC stuff for the multiplayer. Trying to decide if its worth buying them all.

Thoughts, suggestions, opinions?
    Quote Quote  

8. -18

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Albuquerque, NM
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Spesh View Post
    Pretty good game, about to beat campaign.

My question is, how was the multiplayer? Any lasting appeal? Im hooked on the game but want to hold off before another play through. Problem is, as im obviously months behind, i lack all the maps and DLC stuff for the multiplayer. Trying to decide if its worth buying them all.

Thoughts, suggestions, opinions?
    It's fun for what it is. At this point, most of the people left on it are just boosting the achievements, or are hardcore about it. If you're good at shooters, you'll probably like it since everyone else still playing is good and you'll get a bunch of good games. If you have a learning curve, you're going to be frustrated because you'll be fodder until you level up. It gets pretty busy when they have their double/triple exp weekends, though. I had fun, but I had a learning curve so Nina had to calm me down a few times early on. It was much better after I leveled up and started kicking ass.

On a side note, since the multiplayer is done as gangs versus eachother, you get a lot of dumb ****s who act like they're actually gangsters...
    Quote Quote  

9. -19
    #freespesh

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Locke View Post
    It's fun for what it is. At this point, most of the people left on it are just boosting the achievements, or are hardcore about it. If you're good at shooters, you'll probably like it since everyone else still playing is good and you'll get a bunch of good games. If you have a learning curve, you're going to be frustrated because you'll be fodder until you level up. It gets pretty busy when they have their double/triple exp weekends, though. I had fun, but I had a learning curve so Nina had to calm me down a few times early on. It was much better after I leveled up and started kicking ass.

On a side note, since the multiplayer is done as gangs versus eachother, you get a lot of dumb ****s who act like they're actually gangsters...
    Thats my exact problem with playing shooters. If you dont play pathologically, you get left behind. And with ranking systems you can get repeatedly blown away by higher ups with no real way around it. Was able to try out a game in the "rookie" system and it wasnt bad. But i can already tell this is the type of game where you will have to know the maps like the back of your hand to compete. Will have to kick it around a bit and see if its worth it.

And now im all sorts of confused, that second part sounds like it has to much potential for hilarity to miss out on
    Quote Quote  

10. -20

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Albuquerque, NM
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Spesh View Post
    Thats my exact problem with playing shooters. If you dont play pathologically, you get left behind. And with ranking systems you can get repeatedly blown away by higher ups with no real way around it. Was able to try out a game in the "rookie" system and it wasnt bad. But i can already tell this is the type of game where you will have to know the maps like the back of your hand to compete. Will have to kick it around a bit and see if its worth it.

And now im all sorts of confused, that second part sounds like it has to much potential for hilarity to miss out on
    I can't lie, there were a few times I nearly died laughing hearing a prepubescent kid call others things like playa and nigga. Then a black guy with a handle like ATL THUG or something pops into the game and the 12 year old doesn't make a sound the rest of the game...
    Quote Quote