Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now

Thread: Miami Dolphins’ Next Big Thing: Ryan Tannehill

1. -1
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

Miami Dolphins’ Next Big Thing: Ryan Tannehill

n 2008, Mike Sherman became the Texas A&M head coach and placed Tannehill, who was a redshirt freshman, third on the quarterback depth chart, behind Stephen McGee and Jerrod Johnson. Tannehill felt there was more he could do for his team and opted to be a receiver. He went on to break school freshman records for receptions (55) and yards (844). He was only 42 yards away from breaking the all-time school record. He wasn’t allowed to be the team’s best quarterback so he became their best receiver. Through it all, he proclaimed he was team’s best signal-caller and went to every quarterback meeting. Two years later, he received his opportunity and proved that Sherman had made a mistake.Sherman isn’t going to make the same error twice.
    he NFL Network’s Heath Evans believes Tannehill can be better than Andrew Luck and Robert Griffin III, “If you wanted to build a quarterback, you’d build him with that arm strength, his frame, athleticism, mental understanding of the game, and his base foundation. You give a great foundation to Joe Philbin to build on.”When asked if Tannehill could lead the Dolphins to the playoffs, Bush responded, “It’s been done before and I believe [Tannehill] can do it.”

http://phinphanatic.com/2012/06/12/m...yan-tannehill/
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Sopwith Camel Pilot

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Wichita, Kansas
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I am not sold on Tannehill but almost every young QB coming into the league is no guarantee. No doubt he has the physical tools, ability to lead and intelligence for the game but it will come down to whether or not the speed is to much for him. It's nice to be in a position that we may have a franchise QB but silly to project how good he may or may not be right now.
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Sophisticated Redneck

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    out in the Ding Weeds
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I've been blasted into my shell by a decade plus of failures behind center but I must say it is nice to finally have a rookie to be excited about. Miami has paid their due, it is time to be relevant again so I'm rooting for the kid until he has proved it is time not to.
    Peace and Humptiness Forever

Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by NY8123 View Post
    I've been blasted into my shell by a decade plus of failures behind center but I must say it is nice to finally have a rookie to be excited about. Miami has paid their due, it is time to be relevant again so I'm rooting for the kid until he has proved it is time not to.
    I could seriously see Tannehill lining up with Calle Ocho and Jeff Fuller. I like Garrard and Matt Moore as well. Thank God we didn't screw the pooch on Kyle Orton.
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Formerly Fiedler for MVP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    A van down by the river
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jim1 View Post
    calle ocho
    lol
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jim1 View Post
    n 2008, Mike Sherman became the Texas A&M head coach and placed Tannehill, who was a redshirt freshman, third on the quarterback depth chart, behind Stephen McGee and Jerrod Johnson. Tannehill felt there was more he could do for his team and opted to be a receiver. He went on to break school freshman records for receptions (55) and yards (844). He was only 42 yards away from breaking the all-time school record. He wasn’t allowed to be the team’s best quarterback so he became their best receiver. Through it all, he proclaimed he was team’s best signal-caller and went to every quarterback meeting. Two years later, he received his opportunity and proved that Sherman had made a mistake.Sherman isn’t going to make the same error twice.
    he NFL Network’s Heath Evans believes Tannehill can be better than Andrew Luck and Robert Griffin III, “If you wanted to build a quarterback, you’d build him with that arm strength, his frame, athleticism, mental understanding of the game, and his base foundation. You give a great foundation to Joe Philbin to build on.”When asked if Tannehill could lead the Dolphins to the playoffs, Bush responded, “It’s been done before and I believe [Tannehill] can do it.”

http://phinphanatic.com/2012/06/12/m...yan-tannehill/
    They forgot the part of the story that Tannehill didn't win a whole lot & got his coach Mike Sherman fired ... whoopsie-doodle!!

Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Aurora Il
    Thanks / No Thanks
    The only thing I don't like, just on the surface' is the 'push-chucking' throwing motion that he has. However, Phil Rivers has a similar approach and he's had a lot of success to this point, plus he's nowhere near the athlete that Tannehill is. If Tanny can use those legs to keep plays alive yet stay behind the line of scrimmage and chuck it 60 yards down the field then we're in for a lot of fun. Matt Moore can run it too but lacks the poise in the pocket that I pray Tanny possesses.
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    InRegioneCaecorum RexEstLusces

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Zombieland (lookn4 Myles)
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JerryD View Post
    They forgot the part of the story that Tannehill didn't win a whole lot & got his coach Mike Sherman fired ... whoopsie-doodle!!
    I was under the impression it was the certified 69 or so drops by T/Hill's receivers that ultimately cost Sherman his job. Oopsie Whoopsie

"Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else."
    Margaret Mead

Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Special Teams Lunatic

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Long Pond, PA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JerryD View Post
    That's because news is generally considered non-fiction.
    "If foot fetish videos of your wife surface online, and the voice of the cameraman sounds like you, just admit that it was you ... because the alternative is that someone else was filming foot fetish videos of your wife, and I'm pretty sure that's worse." - Bill Simmons's enduring lesson to Rex Ryan.
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    The Fluke

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lakeland, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaark View Post
    I was under the impression it was the certified 69 or so drops by T/Hill's receivers that ultimately cost Sherman his job. Oopsie Whoopsie
    Or the fact that he had one winning season in his five year tenure.

Valandui's Weekly Music Video

Conducting From the Grave: The Rise
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RYQ2aKgXafw
    Quote Quote