Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AFC East Morning Take-Who is James Walker?

Hybrid View

1. -1
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Jax.
    Thanks / No Thanks

AFC East Morning Take-Who is James Walker?

Blog author Jmaes Walker said today- "Morning take: Miami overvalued its receivers this offseason and now are trying to make up for it by signing Ochocinco. The Dolphins traded Brandon Marshall and didn't take a receiver high in the draft. The group that's left hasn't looked good in practice, but what did they expect?

I don't know who this guy is but his Patriot colors shine bright. What's with all these reporters saying we're screwed at WR? We havent even started training camp yet. These are the mini camps and OTA's that help the coaching staff see where we need to go. It's crazy for reporters to stamp us as finished because we didn't draft a high receiver. Does he mean like Blackmon? A dui vetern?
    JI dratfed for team value and I think most of us think he did pretty well. We got our QB, Martin, Olivier, Lamar. If we did trade up for a special WR after QB, then reporters would say we neglected to fill other need positions. Sheesh!

I'm not worried about our receivers. I'm positive we will end up with a Green Bay type receiver corp. and I'm happy with that. Drops will get fixed. There's no better motivation for receivers than to have a guy right behind you wanting the chance to out catch you and take your starting job.

Ocho will intensify the heat on the young receivers to make them perform better. It's a smart move by Philbin to bring him in and scare the WR group into getting better.

"I'm the man, I'm the man, I'm the maaaan.."
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Playoffs Please!!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    He seems right to me....

You are looking through the eyes of a Homer. Our WR core is terrible with or without Ocho. Philbin has already come out and said something about our WRs, a day later we are picking up a guy who is a shell of his former self, and like you said....we haven't started training camps, etc yet. They traded BM without replacing him, and didn't spend a high draft pick....and now this desperate move is very telling on how maybe, the FO is thinking we should have addressed the WR position a little more.

I'm happy you are so positive we will magically form a great WR core like Green Bay.....but don't expect ANY reporter to believe the same until they show it on the field. If we needed Ocho here to make the young guys catch better, they should not be here to begin with.
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Formerly Fiedler for MVP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    A van down by the river
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Yeah I dont really see where he said anything wrong or anti-Dolphin. Looks like a fair assessment.
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    I'm over here now
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I'd say he's off when he says we overvalued the WR position - if anyone in the organization thought this group would be enough then they probably should be fired. Can't be string at every position - WR is on next years list unless we get a miracle before this season
    Seriously, did you have to quote that long as post?
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Jax.
    Thanks / No Thanks
    We all have different levels of optimism I guess, to each their own. I believe there is a long way to go until our first preseason game. My optimism is high on Philbin geting these guys ready by then.
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Formerly Fiedler for MVP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    A van down by the river
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by zach attach View Post
    We all have different levels of optimism I guess, to each their own. I believe there is a long way to go until our first preseason game. My optimism is high on Philbin geting these guys ready by then.
    I can be optimistic about the team/coaching staff as a whole, while realizing that WR isnt a strong suit. Philbin already spoke out about the unit even before they signed Johnson.
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    James Walker is a lazy hack who seems to have it out for Dolphins but I agree with most of this. Cunningham and now Gates are reportedly struggling and the coach has expressed concerns about the receivers.
    I don't have a problem with adding players at any point, though. If you see a problem, fix it. I would be more concerned if they didn't do anything.
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Clearwater, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17
    I agree he's a pretty anti-Dolphin writer based on what I've seen and heard, but there's some definite truth to what he's saying. My only qualm with the draft was that we really put receiver on the backburner. That being said I think the team is a bit improve with Ocho Cinco there. Hopefully he'll be a team player and bring some veteran leadership and wisdom to the young corps.
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Jax.
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Talent is talent. If Ocho brings it, I'm all for it. Having the right coaches to develop it is pretty important.
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    InRegioneCaecorum RexEstLusces

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Zombieland (lookn4 Myles)
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Walker is an underqualified hack who learned what he knows about football by covering the mighty Cleveland Browns - but get this, for an out-of-town, not even a Cleveland paper, before he was plucked out of obscurity by ESPN for whatever stated or unstated reason. This guy was situated in Columbus whose paper didn't even think enough of him to let him cover Ohio State football. It's like a columnist/"reporter" for Florida Today in Melbourne covering the Fins. Only in the age of media-hungry, instant gratification where you can sit in your parents' basement producing tripe as "credible you pound out on an old Commodore, can a moron such as this be afforded a platform.

IMO, his "opinions" pro or con carry about as much weight as does investment advice from Bernie Madoff.

DWade "Loyalty Over Royalty"
    Quote Quote