Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 21 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Whoa, A New Sparano?

1. -1
    Bleed Aqua

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Minnesota
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Mike Wallace 11Tannehill 171972 Dolphins Logo2013 Dolphins Logo

Whoa, A New Sparano?

This article gives a pretty different outlook on Sparano. But I'm not fooled. I cant wait until we see what kind of plays he calls on third and longs, third and goals. Should be interesting to see if he goes a different route

http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast/post...t-for-the-jets

We ll the finz were up, but then they let me down... again
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I think he's the same ol' meatball. Yelling at Tebow to look for his check down.
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    I like your style Dude

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    703 Virginia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91Tannehill 172013 Dolphins Logo
    Wrong forum but I'll bite anyway.

"The bottom line is that you’re teaching them to understand and pay attention to the details," Sparano said Tuesday. "I said this from Day 1, 'If you do not know your assignment, I cannot put you out there on the field.' I told them that.
    Is this a new thing in 2012 where players are supposed to pay attention to details? Who knew?

Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Trophies
    I think Tebow is gonna give Sparano a heart attack...you can't expect Tebow to methodically drive down the field, run out the clock, and keep the drive alive. The ONLY way Tebow can win is by just taking any chance he can get....I'd say about 30% of his plays that actually WORKED last year were the designed play called in from the booth.

He'll be in a straight jacket by November if Tebow starts

SUPER EPIC TOUCHDOWN FAIL OF ALL TIME
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Sparano looks more like a New York guy than a Florida guy. Hopefully he screws up the Jets the same way he screwed up the Dolphins.
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    The Oracle

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Gainesville Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by PyroDOLFAN View Post
    I think Tebow is gonna give Sparano a heart attack...you can't expect Tebow to methodically drive down the field, run out the clock, and keep the drive alive.

Yet Tim Tebow did that a number of times for game winning scores. And then against teams...like us...he then ran in the 2 point conversion.

---------- Post added at 11:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:14 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by ry-dbar View Post
    I think he's the same ol' meatball. Yelling at Tebow to look for his check down.
    This will be interesting. I really do not think that Tebow threw one check down pass last season. It is one reason his completion percent was so low. Otherwise, he had the same YPA average as Sanchez did with more longer completions.
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by phinasota View Post
    This article gives a pretty different outlook on Sparano. But I'm not fooled. I cant wait until we see what kind of plays he calls on third and longs, third and goals. Should be interesting to see if he goes a different route

http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast/post...t-for-the-jets
    was he calling plays in Miami?

---------- Post added at 11:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:18 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Day View Post
    Sparano looks more like a New York guy than a Florida guy. Hopefully he screws up the Jets the same way he screwed up the Dolphins.
    once someone leaves the dolphins they get blamed for everything. First it was BP and once he was gone Miami was going to succeed, then it was Henning and now it's Sparano. After this season and Ireland is gone it will have been his fault then Philbin 2 years later and the cycle continues.
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    FinHeaven Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    120 mi west of Costa Rica
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Jurassic World2013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    was he calling plays in Miami?

---------- Post added at 11:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:18 AM ----------

once someone leaves the dolphins they get blamed for everything. First it was BP and once he was gone Miami was going to succeed, then it was Henning and now it's Sparano. After this season and Ireland is gone it will have been his fault then Philbin 2 years later and the cycle continues.
    When Rex Ryan and Tony Sparano are fired after the 2013 season, who gets the blame? I assume Mike Tannenbaum will follow them out the door along with the rest of the coaching staff and front office.

Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Nublar7 View Post
    When Rex Ryan and Tony Sparano are fired after the 2013 season, who gets the blame? I assume Mike Tannenbaum will follow them out the door along with the rest of the coaching staff and front office.
    why would coaches from playoff teams get fired?
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    The Oracle

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Gainesville Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    The Jets are blaming most of last season's problems on Brian Schottenheimer. Sometimes simply a new face can help. I think a big part of this was that players and fans had come to dislike Brian Schottenheimer for whatever reasons and he simply had to go for them to start over again.

This is a good spot for Sparano because he was overwhelmed as a HC not to mention he lived here for a year with Ross looking to replace him and then expecting to be fired any day.

I go to a couple of Jet's boards and they say that on one hand Brian Schottenheimer's offnese was too complex but then also too simple. They had 5 formations, a lot of movement, different packages to run only the same 4 pass routes out of. (I'm very interested in seeing how Brian Schottenheimer does with the Rams).

Then they say that Sparano keeps things simple but also has a lot of "ideas". I try to explain to them that Sparano did not come up with the Wildcat and I thought that Tebow will be used in the same spread option as in Denver but at least so far (and it is early) Sparano does seem to be using the Wildcat. The Jet's Wildcat will not have Sanchez in it with nothing to do. It will be a better formation simply having the "QB playing WR" part out of it.

But it kind of shows Sparano as a plodder, thinking way back inside the box.

I expect a lot of ground and pound out of Sparano. It is what the Jets were doing best until they decided to have Sanchez try to win games for them last season and the fell apart.
    Quote Quote