Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Whoa, A New Sparano?

1. -31
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinzua View Post
    Fixed that for ya!
    if only we had a 60 year old HC who has never had any success in this league then we'd be set!
    Quote Quote  

2. -32
    I like your style Dude

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Springfield, VA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91Tannehill 172013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    They did but I was told w/ each guy how good they were going to be, I don't know if you were here when you got Daunte but I got killed on here and of course everything I said turned out to be true as he was horrible. Daunte was a very overrated QB in Minnesota, just a #s guy.

we were 9-7 when Brady got hurt and we had more talent so they did something. You did win the division b/c Brady got hurt but you would have won 10-11 regardless and that's a little better than 1 win, right?
    If Daunte was a Dolphin after 2004 then yes I was here. I don't see the problem in fans having faith that their team is doing the right thing. I wanted Brees back then but was content with Culpepper. He didn't do **** for the team so there's really not much else to be said.

Going 11-5 was like having success with a asterisk next to it. It wouldn't have happened had Brady played but it still was an alright year. It was more of a fluke then anything seeing as how they flopped every year after.

Quote Quote  

3. -33
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by PhinzN703 View Post
    If Daunte was a Dolphin after 2004 then yes I was here. I don't see the problem in fans having faith that their team is doing the right thing. I wanted Brees back then but was content with Culpepper. He didn't do **** for the team so there's really not much else to be said.

Going 11-5 was like having success with a asterisk next to it. It wouldn't have happened had Brady played but it still was an alright year. It was more of a fluke then anything seeing as how they flopped every year after.
    all fans should have hope but you also shouldn't attack a guy for bringing an objective view. You would think I said ken O'Brien was better than Dan marino. I gave an knowledgeable opinion on him, which by the way I offered long before Miami was even rumored to get him, but people think just b/c I am a jet fan and he was a dolphin that's why I was criticizing him. I give honest opinions, if I think you make good moves I praise, if I think you make bad moves I'll tell you.

Whether it was a fluke or not it happened and the team vastly improved under those guys- not where you want or need to be but they improved the team.
    Quote Quote  

4. -34
    I like your style Dude

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Springfield, VA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    all fans should have hope but you also shouldn't attack a guy for bringing an objective view. You would think I said ken O'Brien was better than Dan marino. I gave an knowledgeable opinion on him, which by the way I offered long before Miami was even rumored to get him, but people think just b/c I am a jet fan and he was a dolphin that's why I was criticizing him. I give honest opinions, if I think you make good moves I praise, if I think you make bad moves I'll tell you.

Whether it was a fluke or not it happened and the team vastly improved under those guys- not where you want or need to be but they improved the team.
    I don't remember the discussion about Culpepper but I'm sure people gave you **** for doubting him b/c that's how people are here. They don't want to hear anything negative about their team.
    Quote Quote  

5. -35
    InRegioneCaecorum RexEstLusces

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Zombieland (lookn4 Myles)
    Thanks / No Thanks
    if only we had a 60 year old HC who has never had any success in this league then we'd be set!
    you actually hired one - one that no one including the savvy GM who knew him best wanted any part of running the team.... and heavy evidence of an inbred, immoral and perverted one lacking any modicum of self-restraint, at that.

Dear Math, please grow up and solve your own problems, I'm tired of solving them for you. -Anon

Quote Quote  

6. -36
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Jamestown, NY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    What? No denial that Jabba can't possibly be fired because his record is so great and 20 lines of stats and references to AFCCGs lost to "prove" it? You're slipping, Junc.

BTW, you might want to check out Gailey's time with the Cowboys.

It seems to me that the Ravens haven't missed Jabba much at all since he departed. Surely, if he was soooo great, they couldn't have possibly have recovered so quickly from his loss.
    If a free society cannot help the many who are poor, it cannot save the few who are rich. -- John F. Kennedy, January 20, 1961
    Quote Quote  

7. -37
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaark View Post
    you actually hired one - one that no one including the savvy GM who knew him best wanted any part of running the team.... and heavy evidence of an inbred, immoral and perverted one lacking any modicum of self-restraint, at that.
    Rex isn't 50 yet and in just 3 seasons he has 4 playoff wins, 4 more than Grandpa Gailey, 4 more than Buf and Miami combined since 2001.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinzua View Post
    What? No denial that Jabba can't possibly be fired because his record is so great and 20 lines of stats and references to AFCCGs lost to "prove" it? You're slipping, Junc.

BTW, you might want to check out Gailey's time with the Cowboys.

It seems to me that the Ravens haven't missed Jabba much at all since he departed. Surely, if he was soooo great, they couldn't have possibly have recovered so quickly from his loss.
    I remember Gailey w/ dallas when he led them to a div title in 1998 then lost to the Arizona Cardinals at home in the WC rd giving the Cards their 2nd playoff win in team history and first since 1947. Year 2 brought an 8-8 season which qualified them for the playoffs where they got crushed in the WC rd by the Vikings. yes I remember the "great" cowboy days.

through 3 years post rex Bal made 1 title game, his new team made 2. rex has been in 3 of the last 4 title games.
    Quote Quote  

8. -38
    I like your style Dude

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Springfield, VA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Rex isn't 50 yet and in just 3 seasons he has 4 playoff wins, 4 more than Grandpa Gailey, 4 more than Buf and Miami combined since 2001.
    All with the same amount of Super Bowl wins too
    Quote Quote  

9. -39
    vvv The Scariest Buffalo Bill

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

I remember Gailey w/ dallas when he led them to a div title in 1998 then lost to the Arizona Cardinals at home in the WC rd giving the Cards their 2nd playoff win in team history and first since 1947. Year 2 brought an 8-8 season which qualified them for the playoffs where they got crushed in the WC rd by the Vikings. yes I remember the "great" cowboy days.

through 3 years post rex Bal made 1 title game, his new team made 2. rex has been in 3 of the last 4 title games.
    And he's 0-3 in those title games..... Somehow, that's fine with you.......

The Giants absolutely win it all w/ buttfumble and they probably have more playoff wins and playoff apps if buttfumble is their QB, we probably don't even make a title game w/ Eli the last 2 years........
    Quote Quote  

10. -40
    mediocrity sucks

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fort Drum, New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by NYCBillsFan View Post
    And he's 0-3 in those title games..... Somehow, that's fine with you.......
    Junc loves mediocrity even more so than most of the homers here. He's going to cling to buttfumble and Rex until the very end knowing damn well it's never going to work.
    Quote Quote