Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Scientists claim there was another universe before ours

1. -21
    More Smug than Birthday Dog

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91
    Quote Originally Posted by rob19 View Post
    Well I don't know if any of you are aware of this, but time slows down the faster you're moving.

[/FONT][/COLOR]
    So theoretically, if we could build a machine capable of carrying people near the speed of light, they could live for thousands of years?

Quote Quote  

2. -22
    Soul Rebel

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Georgia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildbill3 View Post
    Which is actually a paradox because if I could live til I was infinity on the outside of a black hole it would seem to me that nothing ever actually disappeared into the black hole. But if you were going into one head first and you looked down at your feet,your feet would seem. Miles away. Which begs the question does anything ever. Actually reach the center of a black hole or are things trapped in an infinite journey? So how would all these black holes combine ( super black holes like the one possibly at the center of our galaxy) and swallow up all the mass in the universe to eventually create another big bang? Plus if the universe is expanding at a rate at least as fast as the speed of light many think that it'll never collapse upon itself again so the last big bang will probably be the last big bang ever

Quote Originally Posted by tylerdolphin
    So theoretically, if we could build a machine capable of carrying people near the speed of light, they could live for thousands of years?

Well it might not be thousands, but yes. What I want to make clear though, is that they don't actually live any longer than the rest of us. Say hypothetically that someone traveled along the orbit at light speed for 10 years, when he gets back to Earth he may find that it's 1000 years later, but he'd still have only lived and aged 10 years. He didn't experience 1000 years of living, he only experienced 10. Understand?
    Quote Quote  

3. -23
    More Smug than Birthday Dog

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91
    Well it might not be thousands, but yes. What I want to make clear though, is that they don't actually live any longer than the rest of us. Say hypothetically that someone traveled along the orbit at light speed for 10 years, when he gets back to Earth he may find that it's 1000 years later, but he'd still have only lived and aged 10 years. He didn't experience 1000 years of living, he only experienced 10. Understand?
    If Im understanding this correctly, it would be more akin to forward time travel than actually living insanely long.
    Quote Quote  

4. -24
    Wort-wort-wort!!!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Pueblo, Colorado
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Xbox LogoHalo LegendaryGalactic Empire medalPlaystation LogoNintendo Logo

[/COLOR]
    *mind blown*

Forgive my spelling. This was sent from my phone.
    Quote Quote  

5. -25
    Finheaven Hall of Shame

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Hotel California
    Thanks / No Thanks

[/COLOR]
    Haha, my dad used to tell me that back in the day. Always would blow my mind.
    Quote Quote  

6. -26
    Gary Speed RIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

[/COLOR]
    If black holes do lead to another dimension or transcend matter into another area of the universe, then should the opposite end of the black hole that is spewing matter out not be visible/discovered?
    Quote Quote  

7. -27
    Soul Rebel

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Georgia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by tylerdolphin View Post
    If Im understanding this correctly, it would be more akin to forward time travel than actually living insanely long.
    So to speak, yes. You could look at it that way.
    Quote Quote  

8. -28
    Soul Rebel

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Georgia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by emeraldfin View Post
    If black holes do lead to another dimension or transcend matter into another area of the universe, then should the opposite end of the black hole that is spewing matter out not be visible/discovered?
    I could be wrong but I believe they've already observed these

I've heard some notions that things might be able to enter and exit a blackhole in tact, I don't know that that's possible. Due to the gravitational pressure it'd crush you into a molecular sized version of yourself.

There is what is called a point of singularity in the center of a black hole, which is where the force of gravity is theoretically infinite. It compresses all of the matter within the confines of the event horizon, event light. To give an example, if 10 of our suns were compressed into a black hole, the radius of the black hole would only be about 30 kilometers.
    So this is why the black-hole is spewing out radiation and periodic elements, rather than whole planets and stars.
    Quote Quote  

9. -29
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Munchkin Land / Emerald C
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Could black holes be the entrance and quasars be the exit?
    Basically, a black hole is a galaxy sized garbage disposal for unlucky matter. You can put a carrot in, and carrot juice comes out the other side.(sarc)
    I was watching a show that was explaining black holes and supposedly at the event horizon, matter would be stretched into ever thinning spaghetti.The colors would probably be kind of groovy for a nano second. Imagine going through a tea strainer. The only way to travel through a black hole would be to be in some kind of space ship, with some type of anti-gravity(anti-matter)shielding to neutralize the gravity...and hope there is another galaxy, dimension, or universe on the other side. The power needed would be enormous to offset the tremendous grip of the black hole. Just silly ramblings..
    Quote Quote  

10. -30
    Soul Rebel

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Georgia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by LANGER72 View Post
    Could black holes be the entrance and quasars be the exit?
    Basically, a black hole is a galaxy sized garbage disposal for unlucky matter. You can put a carrot in, and carrot juice comes out the other side.(sarc)
    I was watching a show that was explaining black holes and supposedly at the event horizon, matter would be stretched into ever thinning spaghetti.The colors would probably be kind of groovy for a nano second. Imagine going through a tea strainer. The only way to travel through a black hole would be to be in some kind of space ship, with some type of anti-gravity(anti-matter)shielding to neutralize the gravity...and hope there is another galaxy, dimension, or universe on the other side. The power needed would be enormous to offset the tremendous grip of the black hole. Just silly ramblings..
    Quasars, thank you, forgot what those things were called.
    Quasars show a very high redshift, which is an effect of theexpansion of the universe between the quasar and the Earth.[2] They are among the most luminous, powerful, and energetic objects known in the universe. They tend to inhabit the very centers of active young galaxies and can emit up to a thousand times the energy output of the Milky Way. When combined with Hubble's law, the implication of the redshift is that the quasars are very distant—and thus, it follows, objects from much earlier in the universe's history. The most luminous quasars radiate at a rate that can exceed the output of average galaxies, equivalent to two trillion (21012) suns. This radiation is emitted across the spectrum, almost equally, from X-rays to the far-infrared with a peak in the ultraviolet-optical bands, with some quasars also being strong sources of radio emission and of gamma-rays.
    Quote Quote