Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Rex Ryan Looks Depleted...

1. -11
    Bleed Aqua

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Minnesota
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Mike Wallace 11Tannehill 171972 Dolphins Logo2013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    What does all this have to do w/ the team getting worse? How do you get worse going from 9-7 title game app to 11-5 title game app beating an even better team in the div rd more convincingly than the year before?
    i was originally just bringning up the fact that rex looks more than oerwhelmed these days and that as a team things have been getting worse in that aspect. i do see it to be a trend as long as ryan is HC. who knows maybe it changes but i dont see it. and i love seeing the blob look defeated!

We ll the finz were up, but then they let me down... again
    Quote Quote  

2. -12
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by phinasota View Post
    i was originally just bringning up the fact that rex looks more than oerwhelmed these days and that as a team things have been getting worse in that aspect. i do see it to be a trend as long as ryan is HC. who knows maybe it changes but i dont see it. and i love seeing the blob look defeated!
    The only thing Rex looks is thinner, he is the same confident guy he always is. I don't think one bad stretch to end 2011 is going to affect him.
    Quote Quote  

3. -13
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Jamestown, NY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    Much like Rex losing weight buttfumble will have a SB trophy in his hands at some point.Through 3 years Eli had zero playoff wins, buttfumble has 4. Give the man time.
    Oh, here we go again with "Junc's selective time frames": "through 3 years" Eli with the Gnats has 2 SB rings in the last 4 years. The Jests have 0 during that time, buttfumble or no buttfumble.

How much time does buttfumble get? Another 43 years plus?
    If a free society cannot help the many who are poor, it cannot save the few who are rich. -- John F. Kennedy, January 20, 1961
    Quote Quote  

4. -14
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinzua View Post
    Oh, here we go again with "Junc's selective time frames": "through 3 years" Eli with the Gnats has 2 SB rings in the last 4 years. The Jests have 0 during that time, buttfumble or no buttfumble.

Through 3 seasons in the NFL buttfumble and Eli had almost identical #s, the biggest difference is buttfumble helped his team win 4 playoff games and Eli helped his team win ZERO.

You think 3 years is fair to judge a QB? Peyton didn't win a playoff game until his 6th season. buttfumble may never win a SB but he's been close twice and in both title games he wasn't the reason we lost. As long as the parts around him are good he can win a SB.

After 3 seasons:

buttfumble: 782-1414 yds, 9209 yds, 55.3 %, 55 TDs, 51 INTs, 27-20 record in reg season, 4-2 in postseason 2 title game apps
    Eli: 690-1276, 8049 yds, , 54%, 54 TDs, 44 INTs, 20-19 record in reg season, 0-2 in postseason(including being shut out at HOME)

heck even a year later when they won the SB Eli threw 23 TDs and 20 INTs, was a 56% passer but b/c buttfumble had 3 abd games to end 2011 his career is over.

Didn't you hear/ they brought in Tim tebow to start. All teams want their starters to bulk up to 250 lbs and be the upman on punts.
    Quote Quote  

5. -15
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by phinasota View Post
    In 09 the jets shoulda shoulda lost that game to the chargers. buttfumble only threw for a hundred yards. If the chargers kicker didnt miss all those field goals the jets lose. the d won that game not the o.
    Kaeding missed two FGs. Third was a 57 yarder as time expired. It was short, so not really a miss, just a prayer. Even if Kaeding makes those other two kicks, Chargers go down 17-13 with two minutes left. I can pretty much bet you that Jets don't go in to prevent D (as they did when they had the 17-7 lead with 2 mins left). And the way the Jets D played that game, I don't think Chargers get a TD, but too many IFS to back ur own statement up. And whats wrong with the D winning the game? Did u forget that Greene ran for over a 100 yards and scored the icing TD?

they barely eeked by the colts in 2010. buttfumble didnt even throw a td in that game. a friggan field goal won it. and last year they didnt make it. the d is good thats for sure, but the offense has not really lived up to the names on paper.
    Lol @ buttfumble not throwing a TD. "Friggan" FGs won the Patriots a few SBs.
    Quote Quote  

6. -16
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinzua View Post

How much time do the Bills need? Another dozens of SB appearances? They'll still fail.
    Quote Quote  

7. -17
    Tie your shoes, god damn it.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    He's lost a lot of weight and even though he's a Jet he still deserves his props. Come on, guys, you can't hate on that.
    Quote Quote  

8. -18
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by JETSJETSJETS View Post
    Kaeding missed two FGs. Third was a 57 yarder as time expired. It was short, so not really a miss, just a prayer. Even if Kaeding makes those other two kicks, Chargers go down 17-13 with two minutes left. I can pretty much bet you that Jets don't go in to prevent D (as they did when they had the 17-7 lead with 2 mins left). And the way the Jets D played that game, I don't think Chargers get a TD, but too many IFS to back ur own statement up. And whats wrong with the D winning the game? Did u forget that Greene ran for over a 100 yards and scored the icing TD?
    So the game changes, but only to the Jets benefit?

SD missed the first easy field goal (37 yards) on their second possession of the game. No one scored until SD scored a TD in the second quarter. It would have been 10-0 SD. The Jets don't score until the 3rd making it 7-3 SD. Right at the end of the 3rd SD turns it over out of their own endzone. That gave the ball to the Jets on the SD 15 which led to the Jets first TD of the game. You don't think SD plays that series a little different if it is 10-3? Especially considering that the Jets only managed to score just 3 points in 3 quarters? Even if it played out the same, it would have been 10-10 had SD made the first field goal. The Jets next score is at the 7:17 mark in the 4th making the score 17-7 (17-10 with the field goal). On SD next possession they drive into field goal range, and what do you know, another missed field goal. It would have been 17-13 with the 2 easy FGs. The Jets tried to run out the clock, but could not. SD gets the ball back and scores what could have been the game winner. Let me guess, SD never would have scored that TD because the Jets wouldn't have gone into prevent. Isn't a prevent defense supposed to stop big plays? Why was SD able to gain 11 yards, 37 yards, and 19 yards in their first 3 plays of that last series?

That scenario doesn't even include the 57 yard miss. You can call that 57 yard attempt a prayer, but he has made a 57 yard FG before and kicked a 54 yard FG with plenty of room to spare just a couple of weeks before the playoffs. Had he made those FGs, I think it is safer to say the outcome changes than saying the Jets still win regardless.
    Quote Quote  

9. -19
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    blowhard
    Quote Quote  

10. -20
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JETSJETSJETS View Post
    Yeah Sparano sucked as a Dolphins HC. So did Bill Belichick as a Browns HC.
    LOLOLOL. Did I really just read a jest fan compare Sparano to Bilichick.
    Quote Quote