Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.



VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 224

Thread: Rex Ryan Looks Depleted...

  1. -31
    nyjunc's Avatar
    Hall Of Famer

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2004
    Posts:
    27,940
    vCash:
    19045
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Trophies
    Blog Entries:
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by The New Guy View Post
    Anytime a team turns the ball over on their own 15 leading in the 3rd (which leads to 7 points for the other team) and also misses 3 FGs in a 3 point loss, they beat themselves. The Jets slowed SDs offense, but they got help with 3 missed FGs. SD also held the Jets O to just 3 points in 3 quarters. It wasn't until SD turned the ball over on their own 15 that the Jets scored a TD. The other came late in the 4th on a big run from Greene. Had SD made those FGs it is likely a different outcome.


    I still fail to see how NE not beating a team with a winning record in the regular season and making it to the Super Bowl, makes SD (A team that lost to a 9-7* Jets team in their first playoff game) a good team. Especially when you say NE had it easy in the playoffs and faced a 9-7 team for the title.
    2 makebale FGs and the Jets D didn't have any hand in confusing and pressuring Rivers into that INT? Come on, you are better than this.

    You were calling SD overrated b/c of the teams they beat, I simply stated a fact that NE beat zero winning teams in the reg season.
    Quote Quote  

  2. -32
    The New Guy's Avatar
    Starter

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2005
    Posts:
    1,863
    vCash:
    59451
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    2 makebale FGs and the Jets D didn't have any hand in confusing and pressuring Rivers into that INT? Come on, you are better than this.

    You were calling SD overrated b/c of the teams they beat, I simply stated a fact that NE beat zero winning teams in the reg season.
    I don't know if Rivers threw the pick becasue the Jets confused him or if it was simply a bad throw. It was a poor decision either way. The point is, that turnover probably never happens if they are up 10-3 or 13-3 in the 3rd with the made FGs. Those missed FGs were key to the Jets winning. I don't know why that is so hard to admit.

    So, NE wasn't overrated becasue they went to the Super Bowl? You said yourself that they had an easy road. That is why I don't understand your point. Regardless, SD lost their first playoff game against a team that was at best average in the regular season. When you consider that 10 of their 13 wins were from teams with a losing record and the fact that they lost their first playoff game, I would say that makes them overrated.
    Quote Quote  

  3. -33
    Waterlogged

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jun 2011
    Posts:
    354
    vCash:
    1000
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    The Jets beat SD, SD didn't beat themselves. SD and everyone else thought they would roll over us but our D shut down their O and our O scored 17 2nd half pts. Sure they missed 2 makeable FGs, it's part of the game. We were still winning b/c we were better that day and b/c AD had a choker at QB.

    Did NE win? we can play the what if game all day, if Welker catches that ball NE wins the SB but he dropped it.
    Quote Quote  

  4. -34
    nyjunc's Avatar
    Hall Of Famer

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2004
    Posts:
    27,940
    vCash:
    19045
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Trophies
    Blog Entries:
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by The New Guy View Post
    I don't know if Rivers threw the pick becasue the Jets confused him or if it was simply a bad throw. It was a poor decision either way. The point is, that turnover probably never happens if they are up 10-3 or 13-3 in the 3rd with the made FGs. Those missed FGs were key to the Jets winning. I don't know why that is so hard to admit.

    So, NE wasn't overrated becasue they went to the Super Bowl? You said yourself that they had an easy road. That is why I don't understand your point. Regardless, SD lost their first playoff game against a team that was at best average in the regular season. When you consider that 10 of their 13 wins were from teams with a losing record and the fact that they lost their first playoff game, I would say that makes them overrated.
    Of course it was a poor decision brought on by confusion, pressure from the D and the way Rivers always plays in big games which is why I think Rivers is vastly overrated.

    How do you know they score that first TD if they make the first FG? it changes the game, changes FP, who knows what happens? All that we do know is that they missed the 2 FGs and we won 17-14.

    NE did have an easy road but they took care of business, it happens sometimes.

    SD lost in the playoffs to a team that won 2 playoff games and held a lead in the 2nd half of the title game. It's not like they lost to the '08 dolphins.

    3 of their 13 wins came from teams w/ winning records? That's pretty good, right? The Giants beat ONE team w/ a winning record last year(at NE), 2 years ago GB beat only 4 teams(one was Chi w/ nothing to play for in week 17- I've always heard this excuse for the jets). SD beat 3 teams including 2 division champs.
    Quote Quote  

  5. -35
    Kinzua's Avatar
    Pro Bowler

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2004
    Posts:
    1,299
    vCash:
    1162
    Loc:
    Jamestown, NY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Funky Fin View Post
    Well said!!!!!
    If a free society cannot help the many who are poor, it cannot save the few who are rich. -- John F. Kennedy, January 20, 1961
    Quote Quote  

  6. -36
    nyjunc's Avatar
    Hall Of Famer

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2004
    Posts:
    27,940
    vCash:
    19045
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Trophies
    Blog Entries:
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinzua View Post
    Well said!!!!!
    by the jealous div rivals doing anything they can to discredit the team that has been much more successful than their two teams have been in the last decade plus.
    Quote Quote  

  7. -37
    Kinzua's Avatar
    Pro Bowler

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2004
    Posts:
    1,299
    vCash:
    1162
    Loc:
    Jamestown, NY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    by the jealous div rivals doing anything they can to discredit the team that has been much more successful than their two teams have been in the last decade plus.
    Jealous? Really? Because people don't buy your argument that SD didn't beat themselves in a playoff game 3 years ago when their FG kicker missed 3 FGs???

    Maybe you should stop trying to pretend that the might Jests are perfect. That title goes to the Miami Dolphins because they actually were 1972.
    Quote Quote  

  8. -38
    nyjunc's Avatar
    Hall Of Famer

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2004
    Posts:
    27,940
    vCash:
    19045
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Trophies
    Blog Entries:
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinzua View Post
    Jealous? Really? Because people don't buy your argument that SD didn't beat themselves in a playoff game 3 years ago when their FG kicker missed 3 FGs???

    Maybe you should stop trying to pretend that the might Jests are perfect. That title goes to the Miami Dolphins because they actually were 1972.
    The kicker missed 2 makeable FGs that may or may not have made a difference. The Jets were the better team that day, the Jets deserved the win.

    It's sad how you are trying to kiss up to the dolphin fans.

    I don't pretend the jets are perfect, I am honest in my evaluations of the team which is something you guys are not w/ your jealousy.
    Quote Quote  

  9. -39
    The New Guy's Avatar
    Starter

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2005
    Posts:
    1,863
    vCash:
    59451
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    Of course it was a poor decision brought on by confusion, pressure from the D and the way Rivers always plays in big games which is why I think Rivers is vastly overrated.

    How do you know they score that first TD if they make the first FG? it changes the game, changes FP, who knows what happens? All that we do know is that they missed the 2 FGs and we won 17-14.

    NE did have an easy road but they took care of business, it happens sometimes.

    SD lost in the playoffs to a team that won 2 playoff games and held a lead in the 2nd half of the title game. It's not like they lost to the '08 dolphins.

    3 of their 13 wins came from teams w/ winning records? That's pretty good, right? The Giants beat ONE team w/ a winning record last year(at NE), 2 years ago GB beat only 4 teams(one was Chi w/ nothing to play for in week 17- I've always heard this excuse for the jets). SD beat 3 teams including 2 division champs.
    So, any turnover the Jets get is always becasue the Jets forced it. The QBs the Jets face never makes a bad throw / decision on their own? I'm surprised you haven't given the Jets STs credit for SD missing the 3 FGs.

    I don't see any reason why the Jets D would play any better down 3 (with the made FG) as opposed to being tied 0-0. The missed FG changed FP for the Jets. It gave the Jets the ball on their 26 yard line. The only time SD kicked the ball off, the Jets started on their own 16 Yard line. There is no valid reason why SD wouldn't have scored that first TD had they made the FG. There are many more valid reasons why SD would not have turned the ball over and given the Jets the first TD of the game had they made those FGs.

    NE took care of business against an 8-8 team in the division round and barley squeaked by Bal with the help of Bal. They went on to lose to a 9-7 Giants team. I give NE more credit than SD because even though they didn't beat a single team with a winning record during the regular season, at least they won their 2 playoff games. SD didn't.

    SD lost to a Jets team that had lost 6 out of 7 during the regular season and at that time had won 1 (not 2) playoff game against a dead Bengal team. It is funny how you constantly put down the 08 Dolphins talking about the easy schedule and getting beat by Bal in their first playoff game, but try to uplift SD when 80% of their wins were from teams with a losing record and they lost to a team that was much worse than Bal in their first playoff game.

    I don't care how many bad teams the Giants or Packers beat because they won the Super Bowl. It is a little different when you lose your first playoff game against a mediocre team. That kind of tells me your great record came from beating bad teams and you weren't really that good.
    Quote Quote  

  10. -40
    nyjunc's Avatar
    Hall Of Famer

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2004
    Posts:
    27,940
    vCash:
    19045
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Trophies
    Blog Entries:
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by The New Guy View Post
    So, any turnover the Jets get is always becasue the Jets forced it. The QBs the Jets face never makes a bad throw / decision on their own? I'm surprised you haven't given the Jets STs credit for SD missing the 3 FGs.

    I don't see any reason why the Jets D would play any better down 3 (with the made FG) as opposed to being tied 0-0. The missed FG changed FP for the Jets. It gave the Jets the ball on their 26 yard line. The only time SD kicked the ball off, the Jets started on their own 16 Yard line. There is no valid reason why SD wouldn't have scored that first TD had they made the FG. There are many more valid reasons why SD would not have turned the ball over and given the Jets the first TD of the game had they made those FGs.

    NE took care of business against an 8-8 team in the division round and barley squeaked by Bal with the help of Bal. They went on to lose to a 9-7 Giants team. I give NE more credit than SD because even though they didn't beat a single team with a winning record during the regular season, at least they won their 2 playoff games. SD didn't.

    SD lost to a Jets team that had lost 6 out of 7 during the regular season and at that time had won 1 (not 2) playoff game against a dead Bengal team. It is funny how you constantly put down the 08 Dolphins talking about the easy schedule and getting beat by Bal in their first playoff game, but try to uplift SD when 80% of their wins were from teams with a losing record and they lost to a team that was much worse than Bal in their first playoff game.

    I don't care how many bad teams the Giants or Packers beat because they won the Super Bowl. It is a little different when you lose your first playoff game against a mediocre team. That kind of tells me your great record came from beating bad teams and you weren't really that good.
    Sometimes it's an unforced error but the Jets had Rivers running scared most of the game, he was backed up to his GL and saw pressure and threw it up for grabs. I credit the D for that.

    The Jets had an excellent KR team, b/c we had a 9 yd return to the 16 one time doesn't mean it would have happened again. Brad Smith's other KR was 36 yds.

    NE made the SB and had a great chance to win, that's all that matters.

    The jets came in winning 3 straight and 6 of 7, their 6 of 7 losing stretch was long gone.

    SD was the hottest team in the league, they were the favorite in the AFC.

    The 2008 Ravens beat 3 teams w/ winning records too and one was the inflated dolphins record, another was a playoff-less Cowboy team. They beat one playoff bound team and zero div champs. SD beat 2 div champs and 3 playoff bound teams. Does this end this silly discussion now?
    Quote Quote  

Similar Threads

  1. Matt Ryan , Ryan Mallett and Ryan
    By craps in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 05-11-2012, 03:38 PM
  2. Tebow may face depleted Dolphins secondary
    By DKphin in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 10-23-2011, 05:12 AM
  3. Replies: 41
    Last Post: 04-14-2011, 05:51 PM
  4. Depleted Patriots' Samuel, Wilson out against Packers
    By bobsanders12 in forum The Depths of the Sea
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-20-2006, 05:04 AM
  5. Depleted Patriots' Samuel, Wilson out against Packers
    By bobsanders12 in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-19-2006, 12:31 AM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •