Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Rex Ryan Looks Depleted...

1. -41
    InRegioneCaecorum RexEstLusces

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Zombieland (lookn4 Myles)
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    Sometimes it's an unforced error but the Jets had Rivers running scared most of the game, he was backed up to his GL and saw pressure and threw it up for grabs. I credit the D for that.

The Jets had an excellent KR team, b/c we had a 9 yd return to the 16 one time doesn't mean it would have happened again. Brad Smith's other KR was 36 yds.

NE made the SB and had a great chance to win, that's all that matters.

The jets came in winning 3 straight and 6 of 7, their 6 of 7 losing stretch was long gone.

SD was the hottest team in the league, they were the favorite in the AFC.

The 2008 Ravens beat 3 teams w/ winning records too and one was the inflated dolphins record, another was a playoff-less Cowboy team. They beat one playoff bound team and zero div champs. SD beat 2 div champs and 3 playoff bound teams. Does this end this silly discussion now?
    Actually the Jest lost the game 14 they legitimately needed to win against a dead Atlanta at home... and then there were 2 knees. I might concede they'd have beaten the Bengals even if the game wasn't meaningless for them considering how dead they were over their last 7 games and how easily the jest beat them in the playoffs as a result. However, no way the jest beat a team in Ind whose starters outscored them 45-27 in about a 1 1/'3rd games when actually trying and having Curtis Painter and his 4QBR under center, including 24-0 in the playoffs last 31 minutes.

So if thinking that games 15& 16 constituted a "winning streak" and that losing to Atlanta was an aberration makes you sleep at night thinking that your team deserved anything more than was accomplished by Rafael Palmeiero in BB, then go ahead; just don't try to convince others who know better that the 09 jest were exponentially more decent than they were step in **** lucky!!!.

Oh and that SD game would have ended 14-10 if not for Shon Greene's 53 yd run, even with Kaeding crapping the bed almost as bad as did Sanchez.

"Yep. Blow it up. This might the worst team I've ever seen constructed in my life.
    And then you throw in the terrible preparation and in-game coaching. There is no defense.
    But do it right. Fire everyone in the building. No survivors. , JiF Jetnation

Quote Quote  

2. -42
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    the fact that you think sanchez had a bad game at SD tells me all I need to know. It's not worth discussing w/ you, you make too many excuses.
    Quote Quote  

3. -43
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Sometimes it's an unforced error but the Jets had Rivers running scared most of the game, he was backed up to his GL and saw pressure and threw it up for grabs. I credit the D for that.

The Jets had an excellent KR team, b/c we had a 9 yd return to the 16 one time doesn't mean it would have happened again. Brad Smith's other KR was 36 yds.

NE made the SB and had a great chance to win, that's all that matters.

The jets came in winning 3 straight and 6 of 7, their 6 of 7 losing stretch was long gone.

SD was the hottest team in the league, they were the favorite in the AFC.

The 2008 Ravens beat 3 teams w/ winning records too and one was the inflated dolphins record, another was a playoff-less Cowboy team. They beat one playoff bound team and zero div champs. SD beat 2 div champs and 3 playoff bound teams. Does this end this silly discussion now?
    You credit the Jets D for everything. Rivers threw it right to Leonard. It doesn't look like the Jets did anything to force that turnover. Just becasue the Jets had a good return to their 40 doesn't mean they would have had another good return, anymore than when they had the bad return to their 9 means they would have another bad return. SD started on their own 31 when they scored that first TD, so I don't see how FP would have changed so drastically from a made FG that SD wouldn't have been able to score. I think that is a bit of a reach.

NE made the Super Bowl, and Bal made it to the AFCC game. That is a little different than losing your first playoff game to a 9-7* Jets team. The 2 division champs and 3 playoff bound teams that SD beat were Dal, Phi, and Cincy. 3 weak playoff teams. The funny part about this debate is that you would be arguing how overrated SD was if it happened to be the Dolphins at 13-3 (with 80% of the wins coming from teams with a losing record) and losing their first playoff game to an average team.
    Quote Quote  

4. -44

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    the fact that you think sanchez had a bad game at SD tells me all I need to know. It's not worth discussing w/ you, you make too many excuses.
    oh my god.. you declaring that someone else makes too many excuses when faced with facts and college freshman level applied Logic 101 says more about you than it does about me. Sorry, but of course you're one of the few on here that can't see that. Again, trying to count to 2 meaningless games, especially one you were losing to a team that looked like they were gonna go undefeated if they tried as "wins" is delusional.
    Quote Quote  

5. -45
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by The New Guy View Post
    You credit the Jets D for everything. Rivers threw it right to Leonard. It doesn't look like the Jets did anything to force that turnover. Just becasue the Jets had a good return to their 40 doesn't mean they would have had another good return, anymore than when they had the bad return to their 9 means they would have another bad return. SD started on their own 31 when they scored that first TD, so I don't see how FP would have changed so drastically from a made FG that SD wouldn't have been able to score. I think that is a bit of a reach.

NE made the Super Bowl, and Bal made it to the AFCC game. That is a little different than losing your first playoff game to a 9-7* Jets team. The 2 division champs and 3 playoff bound teams that SD beat were Dal, Phi, and Cincy. 3 weak playoff teams. The funny part about this debate is that you would be arguing how overrated SD was if it happened to be the Dolphins at 13-3 (with 80% of the wins coming from teams with a losing record) and losing their first playoff game to an average team.
    Nah, they didn't confuse Rivers then pressure him into that throw. It was all b/c Rivetrs just felt like throwing it to the opposing team.

Brad Smith averaged 31 yds per return in 2009, there was a much better chance he was going to have a 20+ yd return than another under 10 return.

Bal got to play Miami, if SD plays Miami they make the 2009 championship Game. Unfortunatetly for them they played a much better team.

SD had won playoff games 2 straight years, were in the title game in '07, div rd in '08. If Miami did that and lost in '09 w/ a 13-3 record I'd make fun of them but I don't think I'd make all the pathetic excuses you guys makes. Fortunately we don't have to worry about Miami ever going 13-3.

---------- Post added at 04:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:10 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Vaark View Post
    oh my god.. you declaring that someone else makes too many excuses when faced with facts and college freshman level applied Logic 101 says more about you than it does about me. Sorry, but of course you're one of the few on here that can't see that. Again, trying to count to 2 meaningless games, especially one you were losing to a team that looked like they were gonna go undefeated if they tried as "wins" is delusional.
    Please stop, all you do is make excuses for the jets success and dolphins failures. You are even doing it here whining about the qtr and half of Indy backups in a 5 pt game and Cincy removing their starts in the 2nd half trailing 27-0.
    Quote Quote  

6. -46

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Nah, they didn't confuse Rivers then pressure him into that throw. It was all b/c Rivetrs just felt like throwing it to the opposing team.

Brad Smith averaged 31 yds per return in 2009, there was a much better chance he was going to have a 20+ yd return than another under 10 return.

Bal got to play Miami, if SD plays Miami they make the 2009 championship Game. Unfortunatetly for them they played a much better team.

SD had won playoff games 2 straight years, were in the title game in '07, div rd in '08. If Miami did that and lost in '09 w/ a 13-3 record I'd make fun of them but I don't think I'd make all the pathetic excuses you guys makes. Fortunately we don't have to worry about Miami ever going 13-3.

---------- Post added at 04:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:10 PM ----------

Please stop, all you do is make excuses for the jets success and dolphins failures. You are even doing it here whining about the qtr and half of Indy backups in a 5 pt game and Cincy removing their starts in the 2nd half trailing 27-0.
    I gave you credit for that Cincy win because they sucked by the time they got to you - both times. But no way am I standing by letting you delude others that the game against Indy, a team that well could have gone undefeated, was anything other than a meaningless game and at best the jest and their flawed season would have been the same 8-8 that year that the Giants you compare them to ended up - main difference being that the AFCE had 1 legitimate winning team in NE and the NFCE had 2 11 game winning teams. Both the giants and jest sucked and blew the games they legitimately needed to win when it really counted - only difference is that the giants didn't get 2 teams that decided it was more beneficial to lay down for them than actually have their starters try to win. So I gave you credit for Cinci and I gave you partial credit for being a good but not great team in 2010 since you never won a division against your rivals.. and yes I am not beyond giving credit when it's due, so long as it's deserved, earned, legitimate and not gifted.

Your problem is you parse, slice and dice data to suit your arguments; you no doubt even convince yourself that because in your head, these half-baked justifications seem valid, they're not gonna be challenged as BS by many of the non partisan fans you try to shovel that **** to; Just doesn't work;
    Quote Quote  

7. -47
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaark View Post
    I gave you credit for that Cincy win because they sucked by the time they got to you - both times. But no way am I standing by letting you delude others that the game against Indy, a team that well could have gone undefeated, was anything other than a meaningless game and at best the jest and their flawed season would have been the same 8-8 that year that the Giants you compare them to ended up - main difference being that the AFCE had 1 legitimate winning team in NE and the NFCE had 2 11 game winning teams. Both the giants and jest sucked and blew the games they legitimately needed to win when it really counted - only difference is that the giants didn't get 2 teams that decided it was more beneficial to lay down for them than actually have their starters try to win. So I gave you credit for Cinci and I gave you partial credit for being a good but not great team in 2010 since you never won a division against your rivals.. and yes I am not beyond giving credit when it's due, so long as it's deserved, earned, legitimate and not gifted.

Your problem is you parse, slice and dice data to suit your arguments; you no doubt even convince yourself that because in your head, these half-baked justifications seem valid, they're not gonna be challenged as BS by many of the non partisan fans you try to shovel that **** to; Just doesn't work;
    The only times you are funny is when it is unintentional. All yuo do is make excuses to take credit away from what the jets have done, you have no credibility.
    Quote Quote  

8. -48
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo

I really don't think the turnover was because of the Jets confusing or pressuring Rivers. It was such a bad pass I believe it was becasue Gates ran the wrong route or some other unforced error. I don't see anything in the clip that says otherwise.

Again, SD started on their own 31 when they scored that TD. The Jets O had gone 3 and out 4 times in the first half, so even with a good return, I doubt FP changes so drastically that SD doesn't score a TD.

What a team does in the past is not an indication of what they presently are. 09 SD was overrated and they proved that by losing to an average Jets team in their first playoff game. They have not made the playoffs (in a very weak division) since.

You can call them pathetic excuses, but they are really the facts.

SD was an overrated team that beat themselves in the playoffs with 3 missed FGs in a 3 point loss and a turnover that gave the Jets the ball on the SD 15 which led to the Jets first TD. While I am stating facts, I might as well add:

Catch, Elite, Safety.
    Quote Quote  

9. -49
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by The New Guy View Post
    I really don't think the turnover was because of the Jets confusing or pressuring Rivers. It was such a bad pass I believe it was becasue Gates ran the wrong route or some other unforced error. I don't see anything in the clip that says otherwise.

Again, SD started on their own 31 when they scored that TD. The Jets O had gone 3 and out 4 times in the first half, so even with a good return, I doubt FP changes so drastically that SD doesn't score a TD.

What a team does in the past is not an indication of what they presently are. 09 SD was overrated and they proved that by losing to an average Jets team in their first playoff game. They have not made the playoffs (in a very weak division) since.

You can call them pathetic excuses, but they are really the facts.

SD was an overrated team that beat themselves in the playoffs with 3 missed FGs in a 3 point loss and a turnover that gave the Jets the ball on the SD 15 which led to the Jets first TD. While I am stating facts, I might as well add:

Catch, Elite, Safety.
    we can play the what if game all day but the bottom line is the K missed the kics, the jets made plays to win and the better team won.

not a catch, not elite and was not a safety
    Quote Quote  

10. -50

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    The only times you are funny is when it is unintentional. All yuo do is make excuses to take credit away from what the jets have done, you have no credibility.
    I'm the one with no credibility??? Speaking about amusing.. you yourself are too ****ing funny!

Quote Quote