Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Players loving Philbin, Kevin Burnett recalls Sparano's quote

1. -51
    Chest Rockwell is my hero

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Dirty Jersey
    Thanks / No Thanks
    He did that so many times when we were behind! It would piss me off beyond belief. Great message to send to the team. "Hey team. We have 2 time outs, on our 35 yard line, with 1"40 left.. We're going to give up and run out the clock."
    Quote Originally Posted by finfan66 View Post
    I am glad that idiot Sparano is gone. Never saw more idiot coaching then when that guy was here. Over 2 minutes before the half of the Jets game and the guy runs out the clock. I can't believe this guy even found another job in the NFL. He has no sense of clock management at all!
    I believe any man's finest hour - his greatest fulfillment to all he holds dear, is that moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle...Victorious

Quote Quote  

2. -52
    DA M.I.A IS WHERE I STAY

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami,FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Sparano was clearly in-over his head, being hired as a head coach when he had no kind of experience of any significance in major prior coaching roles. When I originally heard of the hiring in 2008, no exaggerration. Im not gonna censor myself......

"......who?"

Inspired by no other than Ben Violin
    Quote Quote  

3. -53
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Toledo, Ohio
    Thanks / No Thanks
    UUUhhh....it kinda worked....'cause we started winning....

just sayin'

Quote Quote  

4. -54
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by abNORMal View Post
    UUUhhh....it kinda worked....'cause we started winning....

just sayin'
    D-d-d-d-dude .... we played teams worse than us late in the season AND had a QB that had Half-a-clue ... even inept Sparano could have won a few. Sparano tanked 2 years earlier, but Ross let him soldier on with Henne making us ever sub-.500.

I keep seeing people post that "last-half-year" logic on this forum ... football just seems to pass them by & they get all caught up in fandom explanations!!

Quote Quote  

5. -55
    Lifelong Fin Fan

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Minneapolis MN
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JerryD View Post
    None of this should come as any surprise about Sparano ... he was a dummy & disaster in front of our eyes & REAL OBVIOUS the last 2 years.

What was was more surprising is how the majority here supported Sparano ... and even AFTER FIRED, I'd say a good 75% were chiming in "but he's a nice guy". Don't think he ever was a nice guy, fans are just GULLIBLE even watching with their own eyes.

Lesson learned fans: Let's just watch & see how the new coaching staff Really Does .... RESULTS NOW, PERIOD!!! None of this mumbo jumbo like cam & meatball excuses!! ... no future continuity, no next year, no locker room kumbaya ... no nothing, NOW bee-otches!!

Get above the Mendoza Line & stay there for starters ... it ain't that hard for a decent NFL Coach.
    Not trying to be a dick or bust your balls buy you are referencing the Mendoza Line incorrectly. Mario Mendoza played baseball for something like 8 or 9 years and was a career .215 hitter. The Mendoza Line is now used to reference someone who is batting above or below .200 not a winning % of .500 or better. So technically we have been above the Mendoza Line for the past 3 years and we still suck.
    When I die I want to hire the Miami Dolphin's to be my pallbearers so they can let me down one last time.

Quote Quote  

6. -56
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    NJ
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    we won't be 0-6 and he won't be our HC.
    I also doubt your team will be 0-6, just like I doubt if by some bad luck they did, they could recover enough to win 6 games like the Dolphins were able to do.

Make Peyton uncomfortable during the game, make Peyton leave game in Denver very upset.
    Quote Quote  

7. -57
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lurgan, N Ireland
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Sparano had some good qualities but to be fair mostly bad qualities. Lack of taking chances, developing players, intelligence, learning from your mistakes, probably a lack of authority too. Really still think Ireland instigated going after Harbaugh last off season because he knew what a crap coach Sparano was.
    Quote Quote  

8. -58
    FinHeaven Elite

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I don't expect the Jets to be 0-6 either, but even so, if anyone knows how Sparano works, he always makes sure you win meaningless games, bad enough to not make the playoffs but insures your franchise from a Top pick. Sparano's teams are the ultimate treadmill teams.
    Quote Quote  

9. -59
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Toledo, Ohio
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JerryD View Post
    D-d-d-d-dude .... we played teams worse than us late in the season AND had a QB that had Half-a-clue ... even inept Sparano could have won a few. Sparano tanked 2 years earlier, but Ross let him soldier on with Henne making us ever sub-.500.

I keep seeing people post that "last-half-year" logic on this forum ... football just seems to pass them by & they get all caught up in fandom explanations!!
    Yeah, I get what you're sayin,' but still, when were 0-6 we had lost to some teams we should have beaten also. The change to Moore really helped us a lot the second half and the defense seemed to finally get their ish together, too.
    Quote Quote  

10. -60
    Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Brooklyn
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Hydra logo
Gift received at 05-21-2014, 12:20 PM from DisturbedShifty1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by abNORMal View Post
    Yeah, I get what you're sayin,' but still, when were 0-6 we had lost to some teams we should have beaten also. The change to Moore really helped us a lot the second half and the defense seemed to finally get their ish together, too.
    I'd be impressed if that change to Moore was a decision Sparano made rather than something that was forced due to injury. Sparano sticks with his guys through thick and thin, no matter how obvious it is that a change is needed (Henne, Colombo, etc.). That's not a good thing.

Quote Quote