Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Why do non-believers rule the "RELIGION" forum here?...

1. -41
    Finheaven Hall of Fame

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Chandler, Arizona
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by CashInFist View Post
    IDK, I have always felt good about believing in God (unless you think this all came about by a big fart in outer space; where did outer space come from?). I just like hanging out with my son, trying to do the right thing, helping out people when I can, trying to do the right thing when I get a chance. Do you all do that too? I'm serious...do you?
    Yes, as a matter of fact I do. So do a lot of people who don't follow organized religions. Religious doctrines should not be the end all be all for what is good and what is bad in society.
    Quote Quote  

2. -42
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by X-Pacolypse View Post
    Yes, as a matter of fact I do. So do a lot of people who don't follow organized religions. Religious doctrines should not be the end all be all for what is good and what is bad in society.
    Agreed, religious doctrines should not be, however the Holy Word of God, SHOULD be. And one day it will be.
    Quote Quote  

3. -43
    They looked like strong hands.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Albuquerque, NM
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by KTOWNFINFAN View Post
    Agreed, religious doctrines should not be, however the Holy Word of God, SHOULD be. And one day it will be.
    Want to see something fun? I'm going to change one word in your post.

Agreed, religious doctrines should not be, however the Holy Word of Allah, SHOULD be. And one day it will be.
    Dude, now you're a terrorist. But really, you said the exact same thing they do. Interesting, isn't it...?

If I could take your pain and frame it, and hang it on my wall,
    maybe you would never have to hurt again...

Quote Quote  

4. -44
    More Smug than Birthday Dog

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91
    lol

Quote Quote  

5. -45
    Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Brooklyn
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Hydra logo
Gift received at 05-21-2014, 12:20 PM from DisturbedShifty1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by Locke View Post
    Want to see something fun? I'm going to change one word in your post.

Dude, now you're a terrorist. But really, you said the exact same thing they do. Interesting, isn't it...?

Quote Quote  

6. -46
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    IDK, I have always felt good about believing in God (unless you think this all came about by a big fart in outer space; where did outer space come from?). I just like hanging out with my son, trying to do the right thing, helping out people when I can, trying to do the right thing when I get a chance. Do you all do that too? I'm serious...do you?
    Outer space aka universe is a big old nothing. The 'fart' theory sounds more plausible than some bearded dude sitting somewhere and forming 'snowballs' and plastering them all over the universe. Since the bearded dude couldn't form anything out of nothing (unless someone farted first) he must have gotten the 'life juice' from somewhere which begs the question if the bearded dude was left handed or right handed.

The theory of the fart can be observed in different stages today but the bearded dude is still absent.

And yes, I do all these things without believing in a non-existent person making snowballs out of his goo.

---------- Post added at 04:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:36 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by rob19 View Post
    As Tyler and Cedar mentioned, you don't have to be a Christian to be a morally upstanding person. Nor is being a Christian necessarily an indication of being a good person.

Now, could you answer some of my questions I asked on page 2? I'm genuinely curious.
    Morality is subjective. Different people, different morals.
    Quote Quote  

7. -47
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    It's not about what you do, it's about what you BELIEVE. The believing has to come before the doing or you are doing it for the wrong reasons. John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. It It is the believing not the doing. And Rob which exact questions were you wishing to be answered??
    This one sentence shows what is so wrong with all religion: you can rape, murder, rob, beat...as long as you believe in the one and only god (which of course every religion claims to own).
    Quote Quote  

8. -48
    1/7/14

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    If you really need a BOOK to tell you to act this way, then there must be something wrong with you.
    Quote Quote  

9. -49
    Misery Loves Company

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Kentucky
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Rebel AllianceSuperman logoXbox LogoPlaystation LogoSnakes!
    non-believers rule because faith is something that isn't quantifiable wereas logic and science are something everyone can see and "explain".

Science is easy. faith is not.
    "I didn't feel like we had to score," Tannehill said. "I had the mindset we were going to score."

Quote Quote  

10. -50
    More Smug than Birthday Dog

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildbill3 View Post
    non-believers rule because faith is something that isn't quantifiable wereas logic and science are something everyone can see and "explain".

Science is easy. faith is not.
    Yep. And IMO if there was a God who cared whether we believed in him or not, he would have probably made himself more provable.
    Quote Quote