Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Why do non-believers rule the "RELIGION" forum here?...

1. -111
    Brady Slayer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Washington DC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    The Christian perspective that marijuana (since it is a "drug") is inherently evil probably comes from this quote:

1 Corinthians 6:19-20
    Or do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit within you, whom you have from God? You are not your own, for you were bought with a price. So glorify God in your body.

Essentially, anything that clouds the mind or harms your body does not glorify God and is an attack on God.
    FIRE FAILBIN

Joe Philbin, PowerPoint Guru (Not Head Coach Material)
    Philbin ... put it all together in a PowerPoint presentation. Everything about that presentation had to be perfect.

ďIf any PowerPoint slide had a spelling or grammar mistake, any typo, any scheme error, that was my responsibility, just like a teacher,Ē Philbin said.
    Quote Quote  

2. -112
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    West Virginia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SkapePhin View Post
    The Christian perspective that marijuana (since it is a "drug") is inherently evil probably comes from this quote:

Or do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit within you, whom you have from God? You are not your own, for you were bought with a price. So glorify God in your body.

Essentially, anything that clouds the mind or harms your body does not glorify God and is an attack on God.
    But what about the medical benefits (Cancer, Glaucoma, eating disorders, and on, and on, and on...) vs little to no side effects? Wouldn't that fall under the category of "glorifying God in your body"? I see no reason weed should be a sin, or illegal.
    Quote Quote  

3. -113
    Soul Rebel

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Georgia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo

I should be fine then, because herb doesn't cloud my mind or hurt my body.

And God said, Behold, I have given you every herb yielding seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for food
    ---------------------

Quote Originally Posted by CashInFist
    I think the whole war on weed (tax money) scandal started against the Mexicans bringing it in WAY back in the day right?

Watch this when you get the time, it'll answer all your questions.

Quote Quote  

4. -114
    Brady Slayer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Washington DC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by CashInFist View Post
    But what about the medical benefits (Cancer, Glaucoma, eating disorders, and on, and on, and on...) vs little to no side effects? Wouldn't that fall under the category of "glorifying God in your body"? I see no reason weed should be a sin, or illegal.
    I'm not saying I believe that, I'm just saying that's probably where it comes from. There is no mention of marijuana anywhere in the Bible. There are some mentions of "herb", but that could be anything. The Rastafari took that quote from Revelation to "take up thy herb" as a proclamation to smoke weed.

The Bible has several references to alcohol however. It seems to be against drunkeness, but ok with moderate use of alcohol. I would assume the same would apply to other substances, including marijuana. Overall, I think that's a reasonable stance. Its never healthy to consume anything in excess.
    Quote Quote  

5. -115
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    West Virginia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by rob19 View Post
    I should be fine then, because herb doesn't cloud my mind or hurt my body.

---------------------

Watch this when you get the time, it'll answer all your questions.

Good video. Is that the same one I saw for free on Netflix?
    Quote Quote  

6. -116
    Soul Rebel

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Georgia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Good video. Is that the same one I saw for free on Netflix?
    It might be. I've seen my share of weed docs. and this is far and away the best one.
    Quote Quote  

7. -117
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    West Virginia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by rob19 View Post
    It might be. I've seen my share of weed docs. and this is far and away the best one.
    Is this the same one that ends with it becoming illegal in the USA because of the Mexicans?
    Quote Quote  

8. -118
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    West Virginia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I'm not saying I believe that, I'm just saying that's probably where it comes from. There is no mention of marijuana anywhere in the Bible. There are some mentions of "herb", but that could be anything. The Rastafari took that quote from Revelation to "take up thy herb" as a proclamation to smoke weed.

The Bible has several references to alcohol however. It seems to be against drunkeness, but ok with moderate use of alcohol. I would assume the same would apply to other substances, including marijuana. Overall, I think that's a logical stance. Its never healthy to consume anything in excess.
    Something about "Do not associate with the drunkard..." or something like that right?
    Quote Quote  

9. -119
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    West Virginia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by CedarPhin View Post
    Didn't Jesus and his followers use cannabis? It was a pretty big thing around that part of the world back then, and was fairly big with the Greeks and Romans. Not so much a receational type substance, but more of a spiritual/medicinal one.
    Sorry. I rambled on and forgot to respond to your question. That's what I always thought...
    Quote Quote  

10. -120
    Soul Rebel

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Georgia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Is this the same one that ends with it becoming illegal in the USA because of the Mexicans?
    nope.. Mexicans aren't why cannabis is illegal.. William Randolph Hearst thought hemp was going to put his lumber based newspaper company out of business so he started smear campaigns against cannabis.. also known as "reefer madness".. one of the smears he used was to call it "marijuana", and say the Mexicans were smoking it and raping white women & things like that..

The one thing they donít talk about anywhere (at least in government circles) is why pot is illegal in the first place.The main reason it is illegal is because back in the 30′s William Randolph Hearst owned a lot of newspapers and owned the paper mills that printed the paper. Hemp (which of course is not exactly the same thing as marijuana but is commonly associated and lumped together with it) was competing with his paper production so he rallied his friends in power (government) and finally made it illegal in 1937. I donít think a lot of people know this.
    The interesting part is that when the case was originally brought before congress the prosecutor (Anslinger) claimed that it caused violence, attacks, delerium, death and was only used by poor black people (jazz musicians I believe). When the topic came back up in the 50′s the same guy (Anslinger) told congress a totally different story. Now his tale said that it should be illegal because it caused mellowness and apathy. He said the communists would try to use it against our youth in a bid to corrupt America.
    Today however the reason it remains illegal is because certain people in high places stand to profit off it staying illegal.. alcohol companies sponser "partnership for a drug free America", as if that isn't ironic enough.. pharmaceutical companies also have an enormous vested interest in keeping it illegal... law enforcement, and especially the DEA, benefits from it being illegal.. and so do prisons.. 50% of all prisoners are indited on non-violent drug related crimes.. 90% of that 50% are cannabis users.. if you let out half the prisoners.. you only need half the prisons and prison guards.. basically there's quite a few corporations and entities that stand to profit a great deal from keeping it illegal and they used lobbyists to help keep the scam going..

Quote Quote