Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 89101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Why do non-believers rule the "RELIGION" forum here?...

1. -121
    Finheaven Hall of Shame

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Hotel California
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I've always heard it was Hearst and his paper farms too.
    Quote Quote  

2. -122
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    West Virginia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    How did Earth and Humans get here Atheists? I'd love to hear that...LOL
    Quote Quote  

3. -123
    Soul Rebel

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Georgia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by CashInFist View Post

You actually gonna watch this time?
    Quote Quote  

4. -124
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Los Angeles, CA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by rob19 View Post

You actually gonna watch this time?
    CashInFist, this is one you really should take three minutes for.

And to answer you directly, humans got here just like every other living thing got here. (We are just animals, after all.) Through the process of evolution. I'm not going to start that debate here; if you choose to ignore the mountains of evidence for evolution which detail the fascinating genetic and chemical journey that spurred from the origin of life (read as: specific proteins and chemical compounds enveloped in a membrane to allow for sustained chemical reactions), that's on you.

My little brother (amazingly smart kid, also an atheist) works in a lab doing high-level cancer research (*gasp* a philanthropic atheist??). When I asked him why he loves what he does he responded, "Everything is chemistry! Everything!" He went into more detail, obviously, but it was just a great quote about science, and life. The fact that chemistry dictates how my brainwaves function and how my body grows, ages, and eventually dies - none of this belittles my personal moral convictions. I still exist as a person even if that person came into being without the help of some benevolent creator. God is an antiquated allegory for societal morality. Not the other way around.

One last comment before I get an evolution retort: People who say evolution is "just a theory" misunderstand and carelessly misrepresent the use of the word "theory" within the scientific community. The "theory" of relativity is what allowed scientists to create the atomic bomb. And I'm pretty sure we know that exists.

Quote Quote  

5. -125
    9-7

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Asheville, North Carolina
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by CedarPhin View Post
    Didn't Jesus and his followers use cannabis? It was a pretty big thing around that part of the world back then, and was fairly big with the Greeks and Romans. Not so much a receational type substance, but more of a spiritual/medicinal one.
    Probably, more likely eating shrooms that had no idea what the effect was, hence people floating on water and ****.

---------- Post added at 01:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:56 PM ----------

But what about the medical benefits (Cancer, Glaucoma, eating disorders, and on, and on, and on...) vs little to no side effects? Wouldn't that fall under the category of "glorifying God in your body"? I see no reason weed should be a sin, or illegal.
    This just means that things like caffeine, medicine of any kind from the sound of it, nyquil, things like this are all sins.

It's damn funny.
    Quote Quote  

6. -126
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    West Virginia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by tylerdolphin View Post
    Yep. And IMO if there was a God who cared whether we believed in him or not, he would have probably made himself more provable.
    If God made Himself known to all without question, we would all be little puppets to Him. That's not much of a life, IMO. He gave us "free will". That is why.
    Quote Quote  

7. -127
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    West Virginia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    You losers SUCK!!! HA!!!
    Quote Quote  

8. -128
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    You losers SUCK!!! HA!!!
    Oh I would guess we are doing just fine in life compared to yourself.
    Quote Quote  

9. -129
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Now who is deleting posts here?
    Quote Quote  

10. -130
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Pueblo West CO
    Thanks / No Thanks
    My biggest thing with all this is the idea of faith. All these issues that atheists push forth are tests of faith. Even the little thing posted about miracles. Earth and our mortal life is a test. Some have it nice some don't. The answer (my answer anyway) to why it is this way is very interesting. We live on this planet for what seems a long time. But in comparison to the eternity we gain once we reach the afterlife is a mere spec. Our faith is tested in this short journey and it is very easy to be "fooled" by what science and other things are saying. I do believe that the universe has been around for billions and billions of years. I believe in evolution (just not as much when it comes to the human race) It is easy to take all these issues and come to the conclusion that God does not exist. It is a lot harder to believe. I have always wondered about the little kid dying of starvation in some land where the word have God is not preached. My dad once told me this, and that does not mean that it is right but I like it. That our soul has a journey and on that journey we are all given some chance to meet God and make a decision. I don't have anything against those who don't believe and do not believe that they are all destined to have no chance at heaven. WE are all on a journey and that journey has so many variables that cannot be answered simply. Those who do not believe test me and I think they will get a shot in some way or form to meet God even if it does not happen here. I do not know why I believe really it just seems to be in me, maybe the fact that I look at all this wonder and truly can't fathon that this is all just a random occurance.

MY FAM
    Quote Quote