Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.



VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 9101112131415 LastLast
Results 131 to 140 of 146

Thread: Why do non-believers rule the "RELIGION" forum here?...

  1. -131
    irish fin fan's Avatar
    Pro Bowler

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2010
    Posts:
    1,161
    vCash:
    1251
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by madmic21 View Post
    My biggest thing with all this is the idea of faith. All these issues that atheists push forth are tests of faith. Even the little thing posted about miracles. Earth and our mortal life is a test. Some have it nice some don't. The answer (my answer anyway) to why it is this way is very interesting. We live on this planet for what seems a long time. But in comparison to the eternity we gain once we reach the afterlife is a mere spec. Our faith is tested in this short journey and it is very easy to be "fooled" by what science and other things are saying. I do believe that the universe has been around for billions and billions of years. I believe in evolution (just not as much when it comes to the human race) It is easy to take all these issues and come to the conclusion that God does not exist. It is a lot harder to believe. I have always wondered about the little kid dying of starvation in some land where the word have God is not preached. My dad once told me this, and that does not mean that it is right but I like it. That our soul has a journey and on that journey we are all given some chance to meet God and make a decision. I don't have anything against those who don't believe and do not believe that they are all destined to have no chance at heaven. WE are all on a journey and that journey has so many variables that cannot be answered simply. Those who do not believe test me and I think they will get a shot in some way or form to meet God even if it does not happen here. I do not know why I believe really it just seems to be in me, maybe the fact that I look at all this wonder and truly can't fathon that this is all just a random occurance.
    I think it's the opposite. It would be much easier to believe in a god and think that there is something better in the afterlife. However, based on the scientific evidence so far that seems to be not the case. The fact that you believe in evolution but not for humans makes no sense to me except for thinking we are somehow special compared to other animals. We are not, we just have more intellectual abilities compared to other animals which places us as the dominant species on this planet.
    Quote Quote  

  2. -132
    PHINATIC13's Avatar
    Hall Of Famer

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    May 2004
    Posts:
    5,447
    vCash:
    1393
    Loc:
    Los Angeles,CA
    Thanks / No Thanks

    Why do non-believers rule the "RELIGION" forum here?...

    ....for same reasons the non-believers would rule the "SANTA CLAUS" forum here...
    thanks for the sig like2god





    Quote Quote  

  3. -133
    irish fin fan's Avatar
    Pro Bowler

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2010
    Posts:
    1,161
    vCash:
    1251
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by PHINATIC13 View Post
    ....for same reasons the non-believers would rule the "SANTA CLAUS" forum here...
    ??
    Quote Quote  

  4. -134
    tylerdolphin's Avatar
    More Smug than Birthday Dog

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2005
    Posts:
    12,579
    vCash:
    7087
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91
    Quote Originally Posted by irish fin fan View Post
    ??
    Santa doesnt exist...




    Quote Quote  

  5. -135
    irish fin fan's Avatar
    Pro Bowler

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2010
    Posts:
    1,161
    vCash:
    1251
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by tylerdolphin View Post
    Santa doesnt exist...
    Nice
    Quote Quote  

  6. -136
    madmic21's Avatar
    Pro Bowler

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Nov 2005
    Posts:
    2,370
    vCash:
    4669
    Loc:
    Pueblo West CO
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by irish fin fan View Post
    I think it's the opposite. It would be much easier to believe in a god and think that there is something better in the afterlife. However, based on the scientific evidence so far that seems to be not the case. The fact that you believe in evolution but not for humans makes no sense to me except for thinking we are somehow special compared to other animals. We are not, we just have more intellectual abilities compared to other animals which places us as the dominant species on this planet.
    Outside of the need to feel that we are more than just dust, I can't think of another reason that it would be easier to believe in God. There is very little to grasp on other than a book written by several people thousands of years ago. But this is just going to be altered by what side of the position you stand on. I just believe in evolution because there are very obvious pieces that show it is real. As far as humans go I just see to far of a gap between anything connecting us to a species to evolve from. Humans do so many things and are so different to the next link in line. This could be ignorance on my part and many others.


    MY FAM
    Quote Quote  

  7. -137
    madmic21's Avatar
    Pro Bowler

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Nov 2005
    Posts:
    2,370
    vCash:
    4669
    Loc:
    Pueblo West CO
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Also why is it not possible to believe that evoulution is something God intended? I mean if you believe in God why would it not cross your mind in your argument that God is responsible for allowing the evolution of species? I really think it should be a non issue in the argument to prove whether or not God exists because it can be argued for the favor of either side.
    Quote Quote  

  8. -138
    phins_4_ever's Avatar
    FinHeaven VIP

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Oct 2008
    Posts:
    4,684
    vCash:
    34717
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by madmic21 View Post
    Also why is it not possible to believe that evoulution is something God intended? I mean if you believe in God why would it not cross your mind in your argument that God is responsible for allowing the evolution of species? I really think it should be a non issue in the argument to prove whether or not God exists because it can be argued for the favor of either side.
    Because in God's eyes the world populated through incest.
    Good old fashion incest, when the daughter does it with the brother and the daughter does it with the father and the son with the mother and then they do it over again. Gay marriage is harmless compare to that crap.
    Quote Quote  

  9. -139
    rob19's Avatar
    Soul Rebel

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2006
    Posts:
    7,544
    vCash:
    9634
    Loc:
    Georgia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by phins_4_ever View Post
    Because in God's eyes the world populated through incest.
    Good old fashion incest, when the daughter does it with the brother and the daughter does it with the father and the son with the mother and then they do it over again. Gay marriage is harmless compare to that crap.
    I was thinking about starting a thread about that.

    Genesis 4 tells of the birth of Cain and Abel, Adam & Eve's first children, while Genesis 5 gives Adam's genealogy past that. Adam & Eve are listed as having three children named Cain, Abel andSeth, then "other sons and daughters" (Genesis 5:4, NIV). Adam lived for 930 years.


    So, either Adam was diddling the daughters, or Eve was banging her sons. Or the daughters and sons frogged each other. Or possibly a combination of all the above. What kinky little children of God. That whole Adam living for 930 years things is also pretty lulsy. Still probably makes more sense to Waldorf than evolution though
    Quote Quote  

  10. -140
    phins_4_ever's Avatar
    FinHeaven VIP

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Oct 2008
    Posts:
    4,684
    vCash:
    34717
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by rob19 View Post
    I was thinking about starting a thread about that.



    So, either Adam was diddling the daughters, or Eve was banging her sons. Or the daughters and sons frogged each other. Or possibly a combination of all the above. What kinky little children of God. That whole Adam living for 930 years things is also pretty lulsy. Still probably makes more sense to Waldorf than evolution though
    Hey that's what you call happy, healthy family values.
    Quote Quote  

Similar Threads

  1. Dolphins fans...watch out..the "TOUCHERFERENCEPTION" Rule is coming!
    By marino2duper73 in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-25-2012, 01:06 AM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-22-2010, 01:05 PM
  3. Replies: 20
    Last Post: 05-15-2009, 07:23 AM
  4. Did Falcons violate "Rooney Rule"?
    By KyPhinfan13 in forum General NFL Forum
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 01-09-2007, 12:13 PM
  5. Will the new " Working up gameballs" rule help Pepper?
    By straitg2nite in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-09-2006, 11:08 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •