Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Why do non-believers rule the "RELIGION" forum here?...

1. -11
    More Smug than Birthday Dog

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91
    Quote Originally Posted by Valandui View Post
    Because this site is full of faithless heathens.
    Im not sure how a Dolphins fan can believe in God honestly. Not surprising that our fan base is riddled with heathens.

Quote Quote  

2. -12
    The Ghost

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lakeland, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by tylerdolphin View Post
    Im not sure how a Dolphins fan can believe in God honestly. Not surprising that our fan base is riddled with heathens.
    You ever heard of the Exodus? It was to make us better. Greatness will come from our decade of mediocrity.

Valandui's Weekly Music Video

Black Crown Initiate: Withering Waves
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nlqJA1Rteio
    Quote Quote  

3. -13
    Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lauderville, Florilina
    Thanks / No Thanks
    You ever heard of the Exodus? It was to make us better. Greatness will come from our decade of mediocrity.
    David. Garrard.

Quote Quote  

4. -14
    The Ghost

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lakeland, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JCane View Post
    David. Garrard.
    Will come. Future tense. Grammar, son.
    Quote Quote  

5. -15
    More Smug than Birthday Dog

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91
    If I recall correctly, most of the first few generations of Israelites died out before they ever saw the Promised Land.
    Quote Quote  

6. -16
    The Ghost

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lakeland, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by tylerdolphin View Post
    If I recall correctly, most of the first few generations of Israelites died out before they ever saw the Promised Land.
    Because they were faithless heathens.

---------- Post added at 01:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:24 AM ----------

Will come. Future tense. Grammar, son.
    Quote Quote  

7. -17
    Soul Rebel

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Georgia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by CashInFist View Post
    Why do non-believers rule the "RELIGION" forum here?...

Why even post here? You don't believe. It's pretty fkin lame...

"Get a Life" is the operative phrase here.
    No time to be deceived, Yes you should know, and not believe.

Anyway, your question leaves a lot to be desired. What are you accusing people of not believing? Christianity I'm assuming? Well just like the many sects of Buddhism, Christianity too has many branches that differ from one another in very fundamental ways; so please do set me straight on which particular faction you're referring to.

Or perhaps maybe the non-believers are non-believers in God? Well, what's your definition of God? Because whatever you think God is, is not going to be what I think "God" is; if that's what you wish to call it. So also enlighten us as to what you believe God to be.

Now, as to the perceived attitude towards 'religious folk', is that you have to understand that some horrible things have been carried out in the name of God. Religion has it's uses, but make no mistake it has it's demons as well. Are you familiar with 'The Inquisition?', or perhaps the Crusades? (look it up if not I won't bore you with all the details here). Point being that many wars have been carried out in the name of different religions, Christianity is not alone, Islam's driving force for it's expansion & conquering of surrounding territories was driven by a unified nation under Islamic faith, and so on and so forth. As far as modern times go, you have all these Priests raping little boys, the Pope running around worrying about gay marriage and birth control, it just seems like an archaic institution at this point to most people. Than on the other side of the globe you have extremists committing suicide bombings. So, all that coupled with the fact that there's just a tonnnnnnnnn of ****ing dumb people who lean on religion so they don't have to make an attempt with their feeble, monkey, meat-computer to figure out what the **** is actually going on. So you have to understand the stigma. I get it all the time with Weed, makes you stupid, yada yada, you know the rest.

Now, I'm very curious both from the atheists side, and also from the people who considers themselves a follower/practitioner of a certain religion; How much do you know about the other world religions? It absolutely stupefies me that no one I talk to seems to know the difference between say, Hinduism and Buddhism, or between Islam and Christianity. Much less what the difference between Zen Buddhism and Mahayana Buddhism, or even so much as heard of the Tao. The word "Yogi" for most of you is associated with a cartoon bear.

I understand that if you're like me and went to a public high school, you didn't learn very much about world religions. You might not have even learned about them in college depending on your line of study, but come on people, make an effort. Know the basics at least, I mean, how can you claim to have the best doctrine when you've never examined a word of any other? Or for the atheists how can you go around making judgements when you yourself are obviously just as uninformed as well?

Maybe I'm coming off as condescending, but it does irk/frighten me that we have the internet and all this access to information, and yet too many people don't make an effort to try and figure out what is happening here.

I'll leave you with a couple thoughts from the coolest dead guy I know, Alan Watts.
    Quote Quote  

8. -18
    Soul Rebel

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Georgia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Mahatma Gandhi: I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.

Jesus: Lay not your treasure where moth nor dust doth corrupt.

^ Fav Jesus quote. It's essentially saying don't be a materialist, if you're slow. Jesus was such a groovy hippy.
    Quote Quote  

9. -19
    Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Brooklyn
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Hydra logo
Gift received at 05-21-2014, 12:20 PM from DisturbedShifty1972 Dolphins Logo

Religion On Topic

Thanks Vaark!