Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Golf with a find

1. -1
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    marshville, nc
    Thanks / No Thanks

Golf with a find

what the heck its offseason and chatter gets old, im pulling my clubs out of attic and golfing today for first time in years. golfing at monroe country club where Michael Jordan and Lawrance Taylor have played. Living in monroe and have only played courses within a 100 mile radius i've sure i've never played golf where a fin player has....but who knows. has anyone played a course with or after a fin player has and how have ya done. im a horrible golfer and only shot in the 90's where MJ and LT played. anyone show danny boy up.....and yes this is a bored drunken post but what the hay
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    LIVESTRONG

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Arsenal shield
    I try to play at least twice a week. I'm not too bad. Finally got some new clubs this past spring and they have helped my game a lot.
    Quote Originally Posted by JEDIJ007 View Post
    Pouncey Twins are gay.
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    C'mon Dolphins

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Wilmington, OH
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal WV View Post
    I try to play at least twice a week. I'm not too bad. Finally got some new clubs this past spring and they have helped my game a lot.

Got golf league this afternoon. 20 rounds of 9 each year and I get to get out of work early to do it. We also try to line up the vendors to take us for 18 ocassionally.
    It can be an expensive game if you play all the time so any free rounds help.

It is the most challenging game that I have ever played. That is what keeps me coming back to play it. Unfortunately I don't seem to be getting much better over the years. Probably dropped 5 strokes from when I first started playing nearly 40 years ago. But when things go right it can be quite an adreline rush.

Last week I couldn't get off the tee without putting my ball in the hazard. But for two straight holes I chipped in from 30 feet and then from 30 yards. Never do that again in a lifetime. Both times were to save double boggies because of errant tee shots. One part of your game will be working but then another fails you. But at the moment of the hole ins I was on top of the world.

Golf is somewhat like a football team working together. Offense, defense, special teams compared to tee shots, chipping and putting. You have to put all three together to have an excellent effort. Hopefully I come up with one hole today where all three things are clicking and I get the ever elusive first birdie of the year.
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Are you gonna drink that?

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    West-by-god-Virginny
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Trophies
    2013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo
    2014 Goals:
    1) Win the next game.
    2) See goal #1

"The problem with internet quotes lies in verifying their authenticity."
    -Abraham Lincoln
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    LIVESTRONG

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Arsenal shield
    I have the same problem. When my iron game is going good that day, my driving is awful. When i'm driving the ball straight, I can't chip or use my irons for ****.

I'll master it one day.
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    C'mon Dolphins

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Wilmington, OH
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Shot a 52 last night. Started out with 7 & 8 on 1st two holes to kill my round. Settled down after that to end the round strong with a par on a hole that I havent gotten par on in a long time.
    Left a couple more pars out there with some crappy putting.
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Pimpin' ain't easy

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    outside the beltway
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fins1971 View Post
    Shot a 52 last night. Started out with 7 & 8 on 1st two holes to kill my round. Settled down after that to end the round strong with a par on a hole that I havent gotten par on in a long time.
    Left a couple more pars out there with some crappy putting.
    You sure you didn't putt with a wedgie?
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    C'mon Dolphins

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Wilmington, OH
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by cbreeden View Post
    You sure you didn't putt with a wedgie?
    It felt like it after missing those pars. This course is tough. Watching the greens at Olympic this weekend reminded me of our league course Pipestone.
    You just never get a level putt. But I usually score much better when I go to another course so its all good.

---------- Post added at 02:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:23 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by crumpdaddy View Post
    what the heck its offseason and chatter gets old, im pulling my clubs out of attic and golfing today for first time in years. golfing at monroe country club where Michael Jordan and Lawrance Taylor have played. Living in monroe and have only played courses within a 100 mile radius i've sure i've never played golf where a fin player has....but who knows. has anyone played a course with or after a fin player has and how have ya done. im a horrible golfer and only shot in the 90's where MJ and LT played. anyone show danny boy up.....and yes this is a bored drunken post but what the hay
    So how did you do? Or do you even remember posting this? LOL.
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Steamboat Springs
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Yeh then you have a nice cigar (or a cheapie) and a brewski that way you have something to blame your poor golfing on. I started playing 3 years ago and usually am landing in the 94-102 range. Probably going to take my first lesson soon.

Reshad "GET IT ON" Jones
    gettin it on!
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Pimpin' ain't easy

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    outside the beltway
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by RockyMtnPhinfan View Post
    Yeh then you have a nice cigar (or a cheapie) and a brewski that way you have something to blame your poor golfing on. I started playing 3 years ago and usually am landing in the 94-102 range. Probably going to take my first lesson soon.
    Usually doing this in the middle of the round! Especially if the beer wench is decent looking.
    Quote Quote