Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Percy Harvin wants trade from Vikes

Hybrid View

1. -1
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

Trade Percy Harvin wants trade from Vikes

Per espn http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/80...nesota-vikings, Percy Harvin wants a trade. How much interest do you think we show and what price would you be willing to give up for the trade. I think it would probably take at least a second and a third which I dont see us doing but Its worth the debate with our current WR situation.
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Clearwater, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17
    I'd give up a mid round pick for him if our young wideouts don't get better as camp goes on. We need an explosive guy like him.
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    The Cheese Connoisseur

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami, Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Dolphins HomerDolphin2013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo
    Percy and Bess running two man slots would be monster. But his migrane and concussion issues bother me.

Don't see us trading for a guy that runs the risk of missing half the season every year.
    "What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul."
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Hewitt, NJ
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I would give up a 3rd round pick for him (don't we still have the extra from the Marshall trade?), but I don't think that would be enough. Not sure we would even be able to pay him so I don't see how it would be possible. His injuries and migranes scare me, but he would definitely upgrade our current WR position. If Ochocinco is for real and doing as well as they say and we add a guy like Harvin, we may not have that #1 but we would have a good group of WRs to run the WCO. I still have faith that Naanee can help us. Ochocinco, Hartline, Harvin, Bess and Naanee would not be so bad. If Gates and one or 2 of our rookies come through, we could have a decent battle at the WR position.
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    mediocrity sucks

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fort Drum, New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I'd give up a 3rd easily. Anything more and I'd have to pass I think. And I think the Vikings might want more. Some team will probably give it to them.
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lexington, NC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    2013 Dolphins LogoRadioactiveCam Wake 91Tannehill 17
    Terrible route runner and why is he upset? Is it money? Is he mad he's not the focus of the offense? I think I would pass on trading for disgruntled WRs after Brandon Marshall...a change in scenery only lasts so long before they're unhappy again.
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Terrible route runner? He's by no means a technician but he doesn't cut them short nor does he go Cowboy on his routes and abandon options for the sake of coverage. He's a threat in the purest football sense. He's got terrific hands, fantastic YAC, and he's a pure homerun threat.

Miami won't cough up what is necessary. Percy isn't a true #1, he's more of an amazing #2 who can create infinite matchup problems thanks to his ability as a running back.

NJPhins - I would upgrade "not bad" to "pretty damn talented" if you have Chad Johnson back to even 2010 levels. Harvin won't take over a game by himself (with any regularity I mean, I remember his 3 touchdown 200+ yard game towards the end of last season) but with Hartline, Chad Johnson, and Bess? That's an absolute ton of weapons who just get OPEN, all 3 thanks to simply quick cuts and first burst
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I wouldn't even give a third. Late round maybe. The guy has never stayed on the field for an entire season and constantly gets migraines. I like the fact that the fins are trying to build the offense through the draft. I didn't think too much of the Ocho signing, but whatever he may be able to stretch the field a bit. Either way Harvin is explosive, but I doubt he'll be anything more than an injury concern...
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lexington, NC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    2013 Dolphins LogoRadioactiveCam Wake 91Tannehill 17
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazy685 View Post
    Terrible route runner? He's by no means a technician but he doesn't cut them short nor does he go Cowboy on his routes and abandon options for the sake of coverage. He's a threat in the purest football sense. He's got terrific hands, fantastic YAC, and he's a pure homerun threat.

Miami won't cough up what is necessary. Percy isn't a true #1, he's more of an amazing #2 who can create infinite matchup problems thanks to his ability as a running back.

NJPhins - I would upgrade "not bad" to "pretty damn talented" if you have Chad Johnson back to even 2010 levels. Harvin won't take over a game by himself (with any regularity I mean, I remember his 3 touchdown 200+ yard game towards the end of last season) but with Hartline, Chad Johnson, and Bess? That's an absolute ton of weapons who just get OPEN, all 3 thanks to simply quick cuts and first burst
    Being a threat and being a good route runner are two very different things. Most of the time they just have him run short routes and find soft spots in zone coverage and he just sits there until the QB finds him. Once he has the ball in his hands he's a threat to score. But if he can't burn a CB purely on his speed he can't get open. He's never been known as a good route runner and against decent CBs he struggles a lot to get separation. There have been many games where he does nothing as a receiver. The Vikings do a lot to create ways to get him the ball, reverses, lining him up as a running back, run him out of the backfield in the flat (where his speed is a huge mismatch against linebackers), return game but as a boundary WR he's not very good. I know some of you guys just pull up stats and think a guy must be good but that's not always the case.
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Brooklyn
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Hydra logo
Gift received at 05-21-2014, 12:20 PM from DisturbedShifty1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by R&R Express View Post
    I'd give up a 3rd easily. Anything more and I'd have to pass I think. And I think the Vikings might want more. Some team will probably give it to them.
    I agree. His migraines are a serious issue. He simply can't be counted on week in and week out. When he's on the field, he's a damn good player. Unfortunately, he spends way too much time off of it. A third is reasonable for the time he's on.

Quote Quote