Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Percy Harvin wants trade from Vikes

1. -11
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    how awesome would it be if they get more for him than we did for marshall?
    Quote Quote  

2. -12
    FinHeaven Elite

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Huntsville, AL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Harvin would radically change our offense for the better imo. His ability to RAC is tremendous. It would be a risk with his history of injuries and his nagging migrane situation.... With that being said... Percy Harvin would be a nice addition to the Dolphins offense.
    Quote Quote  

3. -13
    Ours is the fury.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Colorado Springs
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I'm trying to put my homer biases aside here, but I would love to have the guy here. His migraines are a problem, but they might be enough to drag down the Vikes asking price. He is everything we wanted Clyde Gates to be. With a WR group as weak as ours, why not?
    Quote Quote  

4. -14
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    ATL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Would be a huge upgrade and instant home run threat for us, but I just don't see the Vikes giving into his demands.
    Quote Quote  

5. -15
    The Cheese Connoisseur

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami, Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Dolphins HomerDolphin2013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo
    Hm... wont be surprised if the Pats trade for Percy with Welker on the franchise tag.
    "What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul."
    Quote Quote  

6. -16
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lake Mary, Florida, Unite
    Thanks / No Thanks
    No, he's always hurt
    Quote Quote  

7. -17
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lexington, NC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    2013 Dolphins LogoCam Wake 91Tannehill 17
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazy685 View Post
    Terrible route runner? He's by no means a technician but he doesn't cut them short nor does he go Cowboy on his routes and abandon options for the sake of coverage. He's a threat in the purest football sense. He's got terrific hands, fantastic YAC, and he's a pure homerun threat.

Miami won't cough up what is necessary. Percy isn't a true #1, he's more of an amazing #2 who can create infinite matchup problems thanks to his ability as a running back.

NJPhins - I would upgrade "not bad" to "pretty damn talented" if you have Chad Johnson back to even 2010 levels. Harvin won't take over a game by himself (with any regularity I mean, I remember his 3 touchdown 200+ yard game towards the end of last season) but with Hartline, Chad Johnson, and Bess? That's an absolute ton of weapons who just get OPEN, all 3 thanks to simply quick cuts and first burst
    Being a threat and being a good route runner are two very different things. Most of the time they just have him run short routes and find soft spots in zone coverage and he just sits there until the QB finds him. Once he has the ball in his hands he's a threat to score. But if he can't burn a CB purely on his speed he can't get open. He's never been known as a good route runner and against decent CBs he struggles a lot to get separation. There have been many games where he does nothing as a receiver. The Vikings do a lot to create ways to get him the ball, reverses, lining him up as a running back, run him out of the backfield in the flat (where his speed is a huge mismatch against linebackers), return game but as a boundary WR he's not very good. I know some of you guys just pull up stats and think a guy must be good but that's not always the case.
    Quote Quote  

8. -18
    Premium Member

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Percy Harvin was a major 'whisper campaign' guy coming out of college. Everyone knew a guy who knew a guy who had some major dirt on Percy Harvin. It was similar to Ryan Mallett although I think there was more confirmable evidence. The big difference was that where Mallett's coaches and people surrounding Arkansas went to bat HARD for him both publicly and privately...I remember the Florida coaches and people around that program refusing to even go to bat for Percy publicly, let alone privately. I remember public statements about Percy Harvin living in Percy Harvin-land, having major problems, etc. No coincidence that fast forward a few years, he's had major character issues in Minnesota, including a concerted effort to try and get his Head Coach fired, including assault with a deadly weapon (throwing a weight slab at a guy's head qualifies), and his time there seems to be ending with a surprise trade request. No coincidence at all. Essentially everything that was whispered about Percy Harvin coming out of college has been realized in the pros in full. He's easily the headache that people feared coming out of college.

And people want to trade for this guy? No way. N-O. No.

Trading for Harvin would be a de facto admission that trading Brandon Marshall away for two 3rd round picks was an IDIOTIC MOVE. Harvin is a BIGGER headache than Marshall, figuratively and literally, and not nearly as talented.

---------- Post added at 10:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:57 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by MRojas4 View Post
    Hm... wont be surprised if the Pats trade for Percy with Welker on the franchise tag.
    Don't bet on it. Urban Meyer was one of the people that refused to go to bat for Percy publicly, and lord only knows what he's told Belichick privately.
    Twitter: @ckparrot
    Quote Quote  

9. -19
    Ryan tannehill...like a boss

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    i like harvin but he's a niche player...like truth says he doesn't run crisp routes and the guys got migraines and reasons he misses practice and games out the nose...i wonder what they want for him...can probably get a 2nd rounder i'd imagine even with the baggage
    hoops scoops 2012 season ..."in 2014 ryan tannehill etches his name in stone amongst the games elite qbs"..."ryan tannehill and andrew luck will carry the afc for the next decade plus the way peyton manning and tom brady have this last decade plus"
    Quote Quote  

10. -20
    The world is your's...

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    LI, NY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    He's not a complete receiver or a great route runner by any means, but the dude is a playmaker and he would help us a lot by stretching the field, getting YAC etc. Because of his flaws and his migraine issues, I probably wouldn't give up too much for him, but we do have two thirds this year, I'd probably give up our two thirds for Percy.... If we could finagle a deal for a 3rd and a 4th that'd be splediferous.

"I don't have pet peeves, I have psychotic ****ing hatred"
    Quote Quote