Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Percy Harvin wants trade from Vikes

1. -21
    Premium Member

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I wouldn't give up a 7th for him. I don't want him on my team, period. Bad influence. Way worse than Marshall.
    Twitter: @ckparrot
    Quote Quote  

2. -22
    Ryan tannehill...like a boss

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    he's definitely a playmaker...explosive as heck with the ball in his hands...tough hard nosed when he does actually play...can disappear also though

i bet someone parts with a 2nd rounder envisioning a certain roll with him...
    hoops scoops 2012 season ..."in 2014 ryan tannehill etches his name in stone amongst the games elite qbs"..."ryan tannehill and andrew luck will carry the afc for the next decade plus the way peyton manning and tom brady have this last decade plus"
    Quote Quote  

3. -23
    The world is your's...

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    LI, NY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ckparrothead View Post
    I wouldn't give up a 7th for him. I don't want him on my team, period. Bad influence. Way worse than Marshall.
    Not saying I don't trust you but what you've been saying about Harvin is surprising. I don't remember hearing anything about him being THAT bad of a headache or a team cancer. I knew that he could be a diva but I didn't know that he tried to get his coach fired or that he caused any major team distractions.

"I don't have pet peeves, I have psychotic ****ing hatred"
    Quote Quote  

4. -24
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by datruth55 View Post
    Being a threat and being a good route runner are two very different things. Most of the time they just have him run short routes and find soft spots in zone coverage and he just sits there until the QB finds him. Once he has the ball in his hands he's a threat to score. But if he can't burn a CB purely on his speed he can't get open. He's never been known as a good route runner and against decent CBs he struggles a lot to get separation. There have been many games where he does nothing as a receiver. The Vikings do a lot to create ways to get him the ball, reverses, lining him up as a running back, run him out of the backfield in the flat (where his speed is a huge mismatch against linebackers), return game but as a boundary WR he's not very good. I know some of you guys just pull up stats and think a guy must be good but that's not always the case.
    Thank you for trying to lump me into someone who just checks his stats and think the guy must be good. It's always nice to have a debate where someone immediately brushes you off like that. Makes me want to take you seriously It's like you flat out ignored what I said and then strawman'd me with things I never really said, and repeating a couple of things I DID say!

Anyways as I previously stated, he is by no means a TERRIBLE route runner. That's what you said, isn't it? A TERRIBLE route runner? I said he's by no means a technician. You're moving the goal posts to fit your argument which is a pretty dishonest way to handle a discussion. I didn't say "Percy Harvin has 900 yards and 6 TDs how are you going to say he's a poor route runner!?"... I gave actual analysis of what he does. He doesn't abandon his routes (hence the "Go Cowboy" mantra) nor does he really cut them off (the worst of offenses, IMO, just look at Bernard Berrian and how many QBs he gets in trouble by doing that). You're correct, he's not crisp in anything he does, and his footwork leaves a lot to be desired, but as stated, he's simply a play maker.

Miami doesn't make a move for him, no way no how. They don't want to give up the picks, and his concerns on the field (migraines) are too much to deal with.
    Quote Quote  

5. -25
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsteve View Post
    how awesome would it be if they get more for him than we did for marshall?
    I would pay more for Harvin- I'll take migraines over personality disorders any day
    Quote Quote  

6. -26
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I find it funny that you brought up the Ryan Mallet scenario, considering all the flags dropped your golden boy to the 3rd, while Percy managed to somehow stick in the 1st round and live up to the billing. He has issues off the field, for sure, but his time at Florida was very inductive to a team player. I'm lucky to have several connections to Percy Harvin and those who played with him, and I remember the main concern out of high school. Percy was a "me" player. He'd do whatever he wanted and he would demand his catches as a wide receiver. I even was able to speak to his high school coach in Norfolk Virginia at a lecture at TCC, which is across the street from Percy's high school.

He's not a golden boy but wanting Ryan Mallet on your team with the same breath as berating Percy Harvin as a bad teammate strikes me as... hypocritical. (I say this with the utmost respect CK, I absolutely love your write ups and blogs.)

But that's a de-rail from the thread so I'll leave it at that. This is all moot, as Miami won't make the trade. Period. This trade has the makings of a team that has... "Madden" like tendencies... like the New York Jets, Oakland Raiders, New England Patriots... teams that make crazy moves with a degree of regularity.
    Quote Quote  

7. -27
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lexington, NC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    2013 Dolphins LogoCam Wake 91Tannehill 17
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazy685 View Post
    Thank you for trying to lump me into someone who just checks his stats and think the guy must be good. It's always nice to have a debate where someone immediately brushes you off like that. Makes me want to take you seriously It's like you flat out ignored what I said and then strawman'd me with things I never really said, and repeating a couple of things I DID say!

Anyways as I previously stated, he is by no means a TERRIBLE route runner. That's what you said, isn't it? A TERRIBLE route runner? I said he's by no means a technician. You're moving the goal posts to fit your argument which is a pretty dishonest way to handle a discussion. I didn't say "Percy Harvin has 900 yards and 6 TDs how are you going to say he's a poor route runner!?"... I gave actual analysis of what he does. He doesn't abandon his routes (hence the "Go Cowboy" mantra) nor does he really cut them off (the worst of offenses, IMO, just look at Bernard Berrian and how many QBs he gets in trouble by doing that). You're correct, he's not crisp in anything he does, and his footwork leaves a lot to be desired, but as stated, he's simply a play maker.

Miami doesn't make a move for him, no way no how. They don't want to give up the picks, and his concerns on the field (migraines) are too much to deal with.
    I made a general statement about people looking at stats and thinking that a guy is good. If it was directed at you I would have said "you probably looked at his stats and thought he was good"...not what I said.

As far as his route running, it is terrible and that's what I said. Someone with his speed that can't gain separation doesn't run good routes. Like I said, he has a knack for finding soft spots in zones and sitting in them until the QB finds him. Against man coverage he gets shutdown. I'll never forget Brett Favre explaining to the OC in his last season, on the sidelines during a game, how Harvin was trying to juke a guy by shaking his head and didn't run a good route. It was comical.
    Quote Quote  

8. -28
    Ryan tannehill...like a boss

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    yeah harvins got all the tools to create consistent separation...the route running is a problem...he's got great hips and cod quick acceleration and soft hands...
    Quote Quote  

9. -29
    Phins & Philly Sports

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Philadelphia, PA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I'd go with nothing higher than a 3rd round pick. His concussion and injuries still concern me.

Quote Quote  

10. -30
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lexington, NC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    2013 Dolphins LogoCam Wake 91Tannehill 17
    Quote Originally Posted by hooshoops View Post
    yeah harvins got all the tools to create consistent separation...the route running is a problem...he's got great hips and cod quick acceleration and soft hands...
    He's got ridiculous short area quickness too. He's not like Ginn who needed 15 yards to get up to speed.
    Quote Quote