Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: NBA Offseason

1. -11
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Carolina
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I have no idea what the Rockets have offered. The rumors during draft time centered around their picks, and their efforts to obtain two top picks to entice the Magic. Obviously they didn't manage to do that but they do have a bunch of young talent.

To me the players the Nets are offering are nothing but useless baggage, with the possible exception of Brooks. What's the point in being a good lottery team centered around the vast mediocrity that is Lopez? I'd prefer to follow the path of Cleveland or Toronto, hold onto Howard and offer him up in a sign and trade for a couple first rounders next offseason. In the NBA if you're going to lose its better to really stink up the joint and go for one of those top picks, not struggle to eek out 40 wins and hope you land the 1% of those late first rounders that make it big.

Either get a potential franchise player like Bynum, go the Denver route and get some young talent, or just trash the whole thing and try for a guy like Noel next year. Everyone had given up on the Cavs and Raptors as lost causes two years ago....look where they are now. Irving is a star in the making surrounded by 4 other guys in their early 20s. The team may suck but its exciting for the fans to watch the players grow and they have something to look forward to. If Toronto can get a couple years out of Nash like what we saw last season they'll be one of the most entertaining teams in basketball. To me its much better to go this route than try to be the Bucks or Sixers or Hawks or Pacers trying to build some middling starless team that will never contend for a title.
    Quote Quote  

2. -12
    Ryan tannehill...like a boss

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    i get your point...is lopez who i admittedly haven't taken much of a look at a pretty average nba player??? brooks i think is a nice piece those 1st rounders provided the nets do what many would expect with howard and williams would likely be in the back half of the 1st round each year so i can see where there's not a whole lot of value there...kris humphries gives you a rotational guy and glass player

as for the nets though with joe johnson i don't get it...the nets fail to land howard and johnson who is trending down and was always overrated in the postseason at least anyways takes them nowhere...well maybe out of round 1 but even then i doubt it
    hoops scoops 2012 season ..."in 2014 ryan tannehill etches his name in stone amongst the games elite qbs"..."ryan tannehill and andrew luck will carry the afc for the next decade plus the way peyton manning and tom brady have this last decade plus"
    Quote Quote  

3. -13
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    True story, so i arrive at checkers yesterday all geared with miami heat championship gear, hat and shirt and all. An okc fan spots me right away as i enter checkers, he comes up to me screaming "okc" "okc", i look at this person and im thinking to myself "does this guy know the finals is over and okc lost?" , anyways i got a chuckle out of it, told him we are winning next year again and he gave me that "na it aint happening" type response and that was the end of it. He looked furious seeing a heat fan with champions gear. OO it feels so good to be hated lol. Haters everywhere lol.
    Quote Quote  

4. -14
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Poor magic fans looks like the best the magic can do is bynum for howard. The magic should just concentrate on draft picks suck for a couple years ad pull out some good young players through drafting.

For the Heat it looks like Ray Allen is coming here now that the celtics have Jason terry coming. Only Obstical now is if ray wants to go to lob city and get feed pretty passes from chris paul.

The brooklyn nets are trying to make a big 4 to compete with the heat they have the Russian billionaire owner who can take some tax hits. I say bring it on LBJ is cryptonite to cry baby Howard.

If Nash goes to Knicks that could make that team way more potent and make them second best team in the east.
    Quote Quote  

5. -15
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Carolina
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by hooshoops View Post
    as for the nets though with joe johnson i don't get it...the nets fail to land howard and johnson who is trending down and was always overrated in the postseason at least anyways takes them nowhere...well maybe out of round 1 but even then i doubt it
    The Howard dream isn't over yet......just put on hold for a bit.

If you look beyond the contract, the Nets traded nothing for one of the better SGs in the game. I don't see how that's a bad thing. And if its what convinced Williams to stay, then hes worth every penny.

I don't think that team is going to contend without Howard but they may already be a top 3 team in the east, depending on what happens with Rose. To me you have to put Deron in the conversation as the next best player in the conference, and trending downward or not, Wallace and Johnson are pretty good players. If Avery can coax some sort of defense out of guys like Lopez not really known for their prowess on that end of the court then they can be a pretty good team.

And you know what, give Billy King some credit. This team was nothing when he took over and now hes going to Brooklyn with one of the best players in the league and at the very least a solid playoff squad. For all the criticism he got for giving up too much......who would you rather have, Williams or Favors, Kanter, and Harris? Its not even close.
    Quote Quote  

6. -16
    mediocrity sucks

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fort Drum, New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferretsquig View Post
    The Howard dream isn't over yet......just put on hold for a bit.

If you look beyond the contract, the Nets traded nothing for one of the better SGs in the game. I don't see how that's a bad thing. And if its what convinced Williams to stay, then hes worth every penny.

I don't think that team is going to contend without Howard but they may already be a top 3 team in the east, depending on what happens with Rose. To me you have to put Deron in the conversation as the next best player in the conference, and trending downward or not, Wallace and Johnson are pretty good players. If Avery can coax some sort of defense out of guys like Lopez not really known for their prowess on that end of the court then they can be a pretty good team.

And you know what, give Billy King some credit. This team was nothing when he took over and now hes going to Brooklyn with one of the best players in the league and at the very least a solid playoff squad. For all the criticism he got for giving up too much......who would you rather have, Williams or Favors, Kanter, and Harris? Its not even close.
    He deserves all the criticism he gets. He created yet another team that's going to be a first round exit every year. Maybe 2nd round a time or 2 but no chance at a championship. And I'd say Dwight to the Nets is pretty much over unless Dwight takes a serious pay cut.
    Quote Quote  

7. -17
    Bleeding 305 since 1987

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami
    Thanks / No Thanks
    2013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo

Trade Sources: Steve Nash to Lakers

In an unforeseen twist that could thrust the Los Angeles Lakers straight back into title contention, two-time NBA MVP Steve Nash has successfully negotiated a sign-and-trade deal from the Phoenix Suns to the Los Angeles Lakers that will team him up with Kobe Bryant, according to sources with knowledge of the deal.
    http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/s...ign-trade-deal
    Quote Quote  

8. -18
    Finheaven Hall of Shame

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Hotel California
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Big trade. Imagine if they trade Bynum for Howard now?
    Quote Quote  

9. -19
    Ryan tannehill...like a boss

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    wow...nash with the lakeshow...nash is nice but he can't defend the position to save his life
    Quote Quote  

10. -20
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Carolina
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by R&R Express View Post
    He deserves all the criticism he gets. He created yet another team that's going to be a first round exit every year. Maybe 2nd round a time or 2 but no chance at a championship. And I'd say Dwight to the Nets is pretty much over unless Dwight takes a serious pay cut.
    If Howard goes to the Nets it will be for the same basic grouping of players that they were offering before. Its not like the Nets are going to let Lopez and Humphries walk. I'm sure the Magic are trying to find a better deal.....if Dwight has sufficiently scared off the rest of the league then he goes to the Nets, if not he goes somewhere else. And hes not taking a pay cut to sign with anyone.

Two years ago the Nets had nothing and today they have a star, without which it is pretty much impossible to build a contender. Without Dwight they're not an immediate contender, and no doubt it will be very difficult to make the moves needed to get past Miami. But its possible, which is a lot more than can be said for about 11 other eastern conference teams.
    Quote Quote