Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: NBA Offseason

1. -41
    I wish people understood this

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Earth
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by R&R Express View Post
    Good lord that's an awful deal for Orlando.
    Yeah it is but right now DwightHoward is nothing but a gianthead ache its better to trade him then just keep putting up with him I lost every amount of respect I have for Dwight Howard.
    Quote Quote  

2. -42
    mediocrity sucks

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fort Drum, New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Perfect23 View Post
    Yeah it is but right now DwightHoward is nothing but a gianthead ache its better to trade him then just keep putting up with him I lost every amount of respect I have for Dwight Howard.
    This is true, but for that trade, I'd rather just let him walk in free agency than pay Lopez the type of money that he's going to get while adding non-lottery draft picks. It should be Andrew Bynum or bust for the Magic unless they get some other good trade offer.
    Quote Quote  

3. -43
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Carolina
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Bynum is as useless as Howard if he won't re-sign. Or even more useless, given the fact hes not half as valuable.

Lopez with a max deal isn't worth it, but at 8-10 mil per over 4 yrs hes a tradable commodity and worth the investment. With the high salary floor that was set up teams have to spend the money on someone, so its not like they can empty the roster and go with a bunch of guys on rookie deals. Or they could, but those would become the richest rookie deals in history.

It'll be interesting to see how it plays out. The Magic look like they've painted themselves into a corner but so did the Nuggets and Hornets and both teams got pretty good deals in the end.
    Quote Quote  

4. -44
    Bleeding 305 since 1987

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami
    Thanks / No Thanks
    2013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo

Player Report: Knicks reach deal to get Marcus Camby from Houston

New York has reached a deal with Houston to bring in Marcus Camby as part of a sign-and-trade deal reports Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo Sports and the NBC Sports Network.
    http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.c...-from-houston/
    Quote Quote  

5. -45
    mediocrity sucks

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fort Drum, New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferretsquig View Post
    Bynum is as useless as Howard if he won't re-sign. Or even more useless, given the fact hes not half as valuable.

Lopez with a max deal isn't worth it, but at 8-10 mil per over 4 yrs hes a tradable commodity and worth the investment. With the high salary floor that was set up teams have to spend the money on someone, so its not like they can empty the roster and go with a bunch of guys on rookie deals. Or they could, but those would become the richest rookie deals in history.

It'll be interesting to see how it plays out. The Magic look like they've painted themselves into a corner but so did the Nuggets and Hornets and both teams got pretty good deals in the end.
    Lopez isn't getting just 8-10 million and that's the problem. He's not worth more than that. The Magic would be better off letting Dwight walk, save the cap room, and start from scratch.
    Quote Quote  

6. -46
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Carolina
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Lopez isn't getting the max. Two years ago he was, but not now.

They're going to have cap room whether they bring in a guy like Lopez or not. Now that Anderson is gone the team has no rookie contract players that will demand a sizeable extension and very little in the way of guaranteed salaries after next year. The only real nasty contract is Richardson's, which I'm assuming is going to be included in any deal.

I still think another team will come into the picture, probably the Rockets, Warriors, Pistons, Kings.....some team that's just desperate to be relevant again, even if its only for one year.
    Quote Quote  

7. -47
    Bleeding 305 since 1987

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami
    Thanks / No Thanks

Trade Warriors trade Dorell Wright to 76ers for future pick

The Sixers have acquired Dorell Wright from the Warriors for a future draft pick, reports Dei Lynam of CSNPhilly.com.
    http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.c...r-future-pick/
    Quote Quote  

8. -48
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Carolina
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Magic and Nets say trade talks are suspended......all the potential sign and trade options are about to disappear and Lopez will get a new deal with the Nets. A team with oodles of cap space could still jump in but I'd guess they'll put everything off until the season starts and all these new contracts are tradable.
    Quote Quote  

9. -49
    Bleeding 305 since 1987

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami
    Thanks / No Thanks

Player Mavericks agree with Chris Kaman

The Dallas Mavericks have agreed to one-year, $8 million deal with free-agent center Chris Kaman, according to sources close to the process.
    http://espn.go.com/dallas/nba/story/...er-chris-kaman
    Quote Quote  

10. -50
    mediocrity sucks

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fort Drum, New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferretsquig View Post
    Magic and Nets say trade talks are suspended......all the potential sign and trade options are about to disappear and Lopez will get a new deal with the Nets. A team with oodles of cap space could still jump in but I'd guess they'll put everything off until the season starts and all these new contracts are tradable.
    Not getting the max eh. Told you. If Hibbert is getting the max, Lopez would too. Pays great to be a decent Center in today's NBA. These dudes are getting overpaid out the ass. Looks like Dwight Howard to the Nets is officially dead. Well this year at least. I suppose they could still land him after Jan. 15th or a sign and trade next offseason, but I very highly doubt it. I've suspected all along he'll be a Laker, and it looks even more likely now.

The Magic win as far as I'm concerned. The return was laughable at best. Brook Lopez with a max contract was more of a negative return than it was a positive, not to mention mediocre draft picks aren't very valuable either.
    Last edited by Clipse; 07-11-2012 at 08:24 PM.
    Quote Quote