Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Thread: NBA Offseason

1. -71
    Finheaven Hall of Shame

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Hotel California
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Are the Bulls just punting this season?
    Quote Quote  

2. -72
    mediocrity sucks

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fort Drum, New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferretsquig View Post
    That frontline of Asik/Gibson/Brewer was awesome. Impressive how much they outscored their opponents while on the floor given their complete ineptitude on the offensive end.

I hate when owners make decisions based on the money. It makes no sense otherwise to let Asik go......its not going to help the team in any way, and its not like it'll create any room under the cap for further moves down the road. As the GM you have to watch a coveted asset go for nothing so your boss can pocket another 10 mil.
    It makes all the sense in the world to let a JAG like Asik go when an incompetent organization is offering 3 years $25 million for a backup who's lucky to see the floor for 15 minutes a night. Brewer is another dime a dozen defensive role player.
    Quote Quote  

3. -73
    Ryan tannehill...like a boss

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    asiks a tough one...sometimes you wonder with more minutes will you get more production there but then i always come back to his roll in chicago is what it should be...a big off the bench for 10-15 minutes a night...i don't think he's worth that money either...but bigs always get overpaid if they don't embarrass themselves on the floor
    hoops scoops 2012 season ..."in 2014 ryan tannehill etches his name in stone amongst the games elite qbs"..."ryan tannehill and andrew luck will carry the afc for the next decade plus the way peyton manning and tom brady have this last decade plus"
    Quote Quote  

4. -74
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Carolina
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Its always difficult to define worth in the NBA. If a team is 20 mil under the cap then is a player who gives 15 minutes a game worth 10 mil? You're going to spend the money anyways.....might as well give it to someone that helps the team. You can't go around comparing player's salaries to determine their worth without taking them in the proper context.

The NBA gives teams every opportunity to retain their own players and I just think its stupid to give up young assets for nothing, unless you're clearing up room for something better. If the plan is to give up for the next two years and go for a max player in 2014 I guess its understandable. But who out there is worth wasting two seasons of Rose's career? Kinda find it hard to believe that Lebron is going to opt out of his Heat deal and bolt to Chicago........I guess anythings possible.
    Quote Quote  

5. -75
    mediocrity sucks

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fort Drum, New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Its always difficult to define worth in the NBA. If a team is 20 mil under the cap then is a player who gives 15 minutes a game worth 10 mil? You're going to spend the money anyways.....might as well give it to someone that helps the team. You can't go around comparing player's salaries to determine their worth without taking them in the proper context.

The NBA gives teams every opportunity to retain their own players and I just think its stupid to give up young assets for nothing, unless you're clearing up room for something better. If the plan is to give up for the next two years and go for a max player in 2014 I guess its understandable. But who out there is worth wasting two seasons of Rose's career? Kinda find it hard to believe that Lebron is going to opt out of his Heat deal and bolt to Chicago........I guess anythings possible.
    You're being very generous calling Asik a young asset. He's just another guy. Easily replaced. That money is better spent elsewhere than a mediocre center who won't play much because Joakim Noah is obviously the much better player.
    Quote Quote  

6. -76
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Carolina
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Asik is just another guy who is getting paid 25 mil over three years. And this isn't representative of value to you?

The Bulls don't get to spend that money elsewhere. They're over the cap.
    Quote Quote  

7. -77
    mediocrity sucks

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fort Drum, New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Asik is just another guy who is getting paid 25 mil over three years. And this isn't representative of value to you?

The Bulls don't get to spend that money elsewhere. They're over the cap.
    What does that have to do with anything? So because they're over the cap, they should just drastically overpay 10 million a year to a mediocre player to play 15 minutes at the very best off the bench? They could get similar or better production easily with MLE, and perhaps even the vet min because the MLE could be much better used than on a 10-15 MPG backup center. Or, if they were smart, they would just amnesty Boozer already, and then they would have cap space.
    Quote Quote  

8. -78
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Carolina
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I don't see why this is so difficult to comprehend. It has nothing to do with money paid or production received. It is the value of an asset. It would be very difficult for the Bulls to sign a player valued at 25 mil to a 3 yr 9 mil deal......so no, I don't think he can be replaced by a vet on an MLE contract.
    Quote Quote  

9. -79
    mediocrity sucks

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fort Drum, New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I don't see why this is so difficult to comprehend. It has nothing to do with money paid or production received. It is the value of an asset. It would be very difficult for the Bulls to sign a player valued at 25 mil to a 3 yr 9 mil deal......so no, I don't think he can be replaced by a vet on an MLE contract.
    I'm asking the same question. How it can be so difficult to comprehend that Asik isn't an asset, nor valuable, and is only worth 25 mil to incompetent organizations like the Rockets is beyond me. He certainly isn't worth 25 million to a team that already has Joakim Noah. Omer Asik is mediocre, if that.
    Quote Quote  

10. -80
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Carolina
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by R&R Express View Post
    I'm asking the same question. How it can be so difficult to comprehend that Asik isn't an asset, nor valuable, and is only worth 25 mil to incompetent organizations like the Rockets is beyond me.
    You don't see how you contradict yourself in that statement?
    Quote Quote