Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Dolphins Inspired by the Miami Heat's Championship Run

1. -91
    Formerly Fiedler for MVP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    A van down by the river
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dolpns13 View Post
    Ill be very honest.. I didnt follow one lick of basketball until this tournament, and I didnt follow Boston really until this year (but have been following closer) so I have no CLEAR, agenda. The reason why I am "hating" on the heat has NOTHING to do with James, Bosh, Wade or whoever, because they are good.. The reason is because I cant remember the last time I saw refs blatantly give games to one team. That **** isnt fair at all. If you can sit there and tell me that I am blinded, and the refs have been doing a great job, then we need to end this conversation right now because neither one of us will convince the other who is right or wrong.
    And Heat fans have pointed out instances where OKC got the better end of the calls and that just gets dismissed. I see how it is though. IF miami wins, it'll be because the refs gave Lebron the title. Meanwhile, everyone celebrates Jordan and the Bulls as the bestest team EVAR!!!11!, and forget that individual and that team got EVERY SINGLE WHISTLE EVER. Heck, Jordan won a title on a push off.
    "Ryan Tannehill out-Brady'ed Brady"- DanPatrick
    Quote Quote  

2. -92
    Phins & Philly Sports

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Philadelphia, PA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Eh, thats not really an accomplishment. The Celtics (of which I am becoming a fan of) are old and slow. Noone can run downcourt with Rondo. Celtics need Waiters!
    For the Sixers it actually is. They have no true superstar and very little inside scoring, so it wasn't all that bad.

Quote Quote  

3. -93
    Chest Rockwell is my hero

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Dirty Jersey
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Im not discounting the Heat get bad calls too, but its not even a close comparison. More like 3 or 4 to 1
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperMarksBros. View Post
    And Heat fans have pointed out instances where OKC got the better end of the calls and that just gets dismissed. I see how it is though. IF miami wins, it'll be because the refs gave Lebron the title. Meanwhile, everyone celebrates Jordan and the Bulls as the bestest team EVAR!!!11!, and forget that individual and that team got EVERY SINGLE WHISTLE EVER. Heck, Jordan won a title on a push off.
    I believe any man's finest hour - his greatest fulfillment to all he holds dear, is that moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle...Victorious

Quote Quote  

4. -94
    Formerly Fiedler for MVP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    A van down by the river
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Im not discounting the Heat get bad calls too, but its not even a close comparison. More like 3 or 4 to 1
    lol
    Quote Quote  

5. -95
    FinHeaven Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    120 mi west of Costa Rica
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Jurassic World2013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by PhinsPhan11 View Post
    Really? So, instead of being able to go to the NBA Finals game, where your favorite team is playing, you would rather go to a meaningless preseason game of the Dolphins? That stuns me. I'm a big NBA fan, but I would have thought even a casual fan would like to go to the NBA Finals.
    The Dolphins are my favorite team, so yes I would pass up the NBA Finals tickets to get Dolphins preseason tickets. Those preaseasn games are more meaningful to me than any basketball game. Keep in mind I am not saying I am buying preseason tickets, just that if they were given to me. I have never been to a NFL preseason game. Doesn't mean I would never go to a NBA game, because I would be lying if I said I never did. In fact I have been to one game and it was a 76ers game. It was probably 15 or so years ago and I can't even tell you who they were playing. If someone gave me tickets to a NBA final game, I might go just to go. But given the option instead to go to something related to the Dolphins(even if it was a training camp practice) I would choose the Dolphins.

Quote Quote  

6. -96
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lexington, NC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    2013 Dolphins LogoCam Wake 91Tannehill 17
    3 or 4 to 1? Exaggerate much?

In 4 games the Thunder have committed 83 fouls...the Heat have committed 77...6 fouls difference.
    Quote Quote  

7. -97
    Ryan tannehill...like a boss

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by datruth55 View Post

In 4 games the Thunder have committed 83 fouls...the Heat have committed 77...6 fouls difference.
    i knew someone would go there...a stats guy like truth makes sense...but its not about the # of foul calls...its the timing of the calls or missed calls the calls period when it comes to durants case...

truth i know you to be a stand up guy...has this nba finals been called fairly??? have the thunder gotten a fair shake???
    hoops scoops 2012 season ..."in 2014 ryan tannehill etches his name in stone amongst the games elite qbs"..."ryan tannehill and andrew luck will carry the afc for the next decade plus the way peyton manning and tom brady have this last decade plus"
    Quote Quote  

8. -98
    Archibald Meatpants

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fort lauderdale
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Snakes!Dolphins HomerDolphin
    Quote Originally Posted by datruth55 View Post

And it shouldnt be that close. OKC is a jump shooting team whereas the heat are far more aggressive. But dont let the facts get in the way with some good old fashion heat bashing. Like i said........to most C's fans, the celtics have never ever ever lost a game legitimately. Have you ever listened to Tommy Heinsohn or the late Johnny Most. They are the two most biased announcers ever in the history of all of sports and the boston fanbase feeds off of it. Again, i didnt hear celtics fans cry ref or rigged after their philly series or game 6 against atlanta
    Quote Quote  

9. -99
    Ryan tannehill...like a boss

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperMarksBros. View Post
    jordan got bailed out by the refs all the time also...the damn jordan rules...i remember...but that doesn't make it right...
    Quote Quote  

10. -100
    Formerly Fiedler for MVP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    A van down by the river
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry_Bagpipe View Post
    And it shouldnt be that close. OKC is a jump shooting team whereas the heat are far more aggressive. But dont let the facts get in the way with some good old fashion heat bashing. Like i said........to most C's fans, the celtics have never ever ever lost a game legitimately. Have you ever listened to Tommy Heinsohn or the late Johnny Most. They are the two most biased announcers ever in the history of all of sports and the boston fanbase feeds off of it. Again, i didnt hear celtics fans cry ref or rigged after their philly series or game 6 against atlanta
    +1. This is the point Ive been trying to make and its just gets dismissed. So painfully obvious.
    Quote Quote