Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.



VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 193

Thread: Dolphins Inspired by the Miami Heat's Championship Run

  1. -101
    hooshoops's Avatar
    Ryan tannehill...like a boss

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jul 2008
    Posts:
    32,603
    vCash:
    34641
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry_Bagpipe View Post
    And it shouldnt be that close. OKC is a jump shooting team whereas the heat are far more aggressive. But dont let the facts get in the way with some good old fashion heat bashing. Like i said........to most C's fans, the celtics have never ever ever lost a game legitimately. Have you ever listened to Tommy Heinsohn or the late Johnny Most. They are the two most biased announcers ever in the history of all of sports and the boston fanbase feeds off of it. Again, i didnt hear celtics fans cry ref or rigged after their philly series or game 6 against atlanta
    heinsohns rediculous...and senile i think...i don't get the philly series talk...boston was the better team...that series was only close cause of the young legs of the 6ers...and even then i don't think the celtics ever really felt threatened...if they had i don't think doc would have played the 2nd string as a unit so much...

    i don't think atlanta has any gripe over the boston series either...not sure where you come from there...at the end of games atl choked...smith took horrid shots...they lost...
    hoops scoops 2012 season ..."in 2014 ryan tannehill etches his name in stone amongst the games elite qbs"..."ryan tannehill and andrew luck will carry the afc for the next decade plus the way peyton manning and tom brady have this last decade plus"
    Quote Quote  

  2. -102
    Harry_Bagpipe's Avatar
    Archibald Meatpants

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2007
    Posts:
    4,966
    vCash:
    6868
    Loc:
    Fort lauderdale
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Snakes!Dolphins HomerDolphin
    Quote Originally Posted by hooshoops View Post
    i knew someone would go there...a stats guy like truth makes sense...but its not about the # of foul calls...its the timing of the calls or missed calls the calls period when it comes to durants case...

    truth i know you to be a stand up guy...has this nba finals been called fairly??? have the thunder gotten a fair shake???
    The thing is alot of people are going to see what they wanna see. Every close call that goes against their team they remember but will always dismiss the close play that goes for them. So if your heat hater who so desperately wants the heat to lose, which includes much of the media, watches a game and the heat have 10 close calls go for them and team b has 9 close calls go for them, to them they would see 15 calls go for the heat and none for team b. The nba is the toughest game to ref and with hundreds of calls per game, the refs will always miss some. The thing is that a fan will only remember the bad calls that hurt them and seldom the ones that help them.

    Kevin Garnett has never not set a moving screen. You think boston fans are complaining about the refs from game one against the knicks last year? That was a ridiculous non-call that gave the celtics a win. But thats all forgotten
    Quote Quote  

  3. -103
    fishfanmiami's Avatar
    grip it and rip it

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Feb 2008
    Posts:
    8,088
    vCash:
    12616
    Thanks / No Thanks
    DolphinDolphinDolphin
    Quote Originally Posted by Nublar7 View Post
    The Dolphins are my favorite team, so yes I would pass up the NBA Finals tickets to get Dolphins preseason tickets. Those preaseasn games are more meaningful to me than any basketball game. Keep in mind I am not saying I am buying preseason tickets, just that if they were given to me. I have never been to a NFL preseason game. Doesn't mean I would never go to a NBA game, because I would be lying if I said I never did. In fact I have been to one game and it was a 76ers game. It was probably 15 or so years ago and I can't even tell you who they were playing. If someone gave me tickets to a NBA final game, I might go just to go. But given the option instead to go to something related to the Dolphins(even if it was a training camp practice) I would choose the Dolphins.
    My friend you are always complaining about Miami fan support. How many OKC shirts do you see at the arena ? Even Boston only had a small group there for that series. THIS is how we celebrate championship caliber play and should be what the Fins strive for. We are fickled down here with many options for our entertainment dollars ..... Put a good produce on the field and they will come. Both the Fins and Canes had home attendence sellout records back in the day. Build it and they will come.
    Quote Quote  

  4. -104
    Harry_Bagpipe's Avatar
    Archibald Meatpants

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2007
    Posts:
    4,966
    vCash:
    6868
    Loc:
    Fort lauderdale
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Snakes!Dolphins HomerDolphin
    Quote Originally Posted by hooshoops View Post
    heinsohns rediculous...and senile i think...i don't get the philly series talk...boston was the better team...that series was only close cause of the young legs of the 6ers...and even then i don't think the celtics ever really felt threatened...if they had i don't think doc would have played the 2nd string as a unit so much...

    i don't think atlanta has any gripe over the boston series either...not sure where you come from there...at the end of games atl choked...smith took horrid shots...they lost...
    Boston is the better team but many philly fans think that boston got all the calls and hawks fans think they were robbed in game six. My point is that when you have a horse in the race it is very very difficult to look at games objectively. Especially in a game like basketball that will have questionable calls each and every game just due to the nature of it. Even in football i have seen many threads complaing about bad calls that the phins got in a particular game. Im still waiting for that thread that says "whew, thank god the refs helped us win that game. the other team got hosed"
    Quote Quote  

  5. -105
    hooshoops's Avatar
    Ryan tannehill...like a boss

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jul 2008
    Posts:
    32,603
    vCash:
    34641
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry_Bagpipe View Post
    The thing is alot of people are going to see what they wanna see. Every close call that goes against their team they remember but will always dismiss the close play that goes for them. So if your heat hater who so desperately wants the heat to lose, which includes much of the media, watches a game and the heat have 10 close calls go for them and team b has 9 close calls go for them, to them they would see 15 calls go for the heat and none for team b. The nba is the toughest game to ref and with hundreds of calls per game, the refs will always miss some. The thing is that a fan will only remember the bad calls that hurt them and seldom the ones that help them.

    Kevin Garnett has never not set a moving screen. You think boston fans are complaining about the refs from game one against the knicks last year? That was a ridiculous non-call that gave the celtics a win. But thats all forgotten
    oh please...the whole league sets moving screens...chris bosh does it and rolls to the rim all the time...i didn't complain one time on the i think it was 6ers series moving screen call against garnett down 3 late...i think its something thats not usually called at that juncture but he leaned and stuck out a chicken wing
    Quote Quote  

  6. -106
    SuperMarksBros.'s Avatar
    Formerly Fiedler for MVP

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Nov 2001
    Posts:
    6,538
    vCash:
    3035
    Loc:
    A van down by the river
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry_Bagpipe View Post
    The thing is alot of people are going to see what they wanna see. Every close call that goes against their team they remember but will always dismiss the close play that goes for them. So if your heat hater who so desperately wants the heat to lose, which includes much of the media, watches a game and the heat have 10 close calls go for them and team b has 9 close calls go for them, to them they would see 15 calls go for the heat and none for team b. The nba is the toughest game to ref and with hundreds of calls per game, the refs will always miss some. The thing is that a fan will only remember the bad calls that hurt them and seldom the ones that help them.

    Kevin Garnett has never not set a moving screen. You think boston fans are complaining about the refs from game one against the knicks last year? That was a ridiculous non-call that gave the celtics a win. But thats all forgotten
    Lets also not forget Lebron got knocked out in that game 4 OT thriller at Boston on some highly questionable calls. He stays in the game, miami wins to go up 3-1. Series over. Heat fans arent b*tching because we're still alive. Again, axes being grinded to shavings in this thread, nothing to see.


    "Ryan Tannehill out-Brady'ed Brady"- DanPatrick
    Quote Quote  

  7. -107
    hooshoops's Avatar
    Ryan tannehill...like a boss

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jul 2008
    Posts:
    32,603
    vCash:
    34641
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperMarksBros. View Post
    Lets also not forget Lebron got knocked out in that game 4 OT thriller at Boston on some highly questionable calls. He stays in the game, miami wins to go up 3-1. Series over. Heat fans arent b*tching because we're still alive. Again, axes being grinded to shavings in this thread, nothing to see.
    and i guess paul pierce didn't...lebron has only been in foul trouble even one time this postseason and that was game 4...should he have fouled out on that play...no they should have played thru it...the same for pierces 6th foul on a battier flop special
    Quote Quote  

  8. -108
    Phinatic8u's Avatar
    FinHeaven's Elite

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Nov 2008
    Posts:
    9,608
    vCash:
    10446
    Loc:
    South Carolinia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91PS4 Controller2013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by hooshoops View Post
    and i guess paul pierce didn't...lebron has only been in foul trouble even one time this postseason and that was game 4...should he have fouled out on that play...no they should have played thru it...the same for pierces 6th foul on a battier flop special
    Paul Pierce gets fouled out because he HAS to guard LeBron.

    And he whines like a bitch, I'd kick his ass off the court too.


    Deshaun Watson is the TRUTH!
    Quote Quote  

  9. -109
    PhinsPhan11's Avatar
    Phins & Philly Sports

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Oct 2009
    Posts:
    12,354
    vCash:
    6460
    Loc:
    Philadelphia, PA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry_Bagpipe View Post
    Boston is the better team but many philly fans think that boston got all the calls and hawks fans think they were robbed in game six. My point is that when you have a horse in the race it is very very difficult to look at games objectively. Especially in a game like basketball that will have questionable calls each and every game just due to the nature of it. Even in football i have seen many threads complaing about bad calls that the phins got in a particular game. Im still waiting for that thread that says "whew, thank god the refs helped us win that game. the other team got hosed"
    I'm a big time Sixers fan, and I didn't have too much of a problem with the officiating in that series. The Sixers gave it a good effort, but the better team ended up winning.

    Quote Quote  

  10. -110
    SuperMarksBros.'s Avatar
    Formerly Fiedler for MVP

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Nov 2001
    Posts:
    6,538
    vCash:
    3035
    Loc:
    A van down by the river
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by hooshoops View Post
    and i guess paul pierce didn't...lebron has only been in foul trouble even one time this postseason and that was game 4...should he have fouled out on that play...no they should have played thru it...the same for pierces 6th foul on a battier flop special
    LMFAO I knew you'd bring up Pierce. The refs did you a favor. Piece had a horrific series, Lebron simply destroyed him on both sides of the floor. Lol at comparing the 2 ejections. Rondo and KG carried that team to 7 games.
    Quote Quote  

Similar Threads

  1. 2012 Miami HEAT Championship Jostens Commemorative Ring
    By Dolfan3773 in forum FinHeaven Exchange
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-02-2012, 10:08 PM
  2. Heat wins Championship...now Dolphins turn...
    By TooDrkPark in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 57
    Last Post: 06-23-2006, 08:12 PM
  3. Miami Heat Championship Parade
    By 305TillIDie in forum Other Sports
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 06-23-2006, 06:26 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •