Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Dolphins Inspired by the Miami Heat's Championship Run

1. -61
    Formerly Fiedler for MVP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    A van down by the river
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by hooshoops View Post
    i'm gonna take a look but i swear i remember thinking and there's wade trying to grab hold of ibaka to get a call...hardin goes to the rim a plenty...heck he's most effective off the dribble drive...but the fouls that i've had issues with have had nothing to do with guys going to the cup...although westbrook shooting 3 fts in game 4 as much contact as he took on his way to the rim left me wondering how that happens...
    Harden-not in this series, its been jumper after jumper, he's seemed to have lost all confidence in his game, and hasnt been the least bit aggressive or effective save for game 2.

Westbrook-yeah I'll give you that, I wasnt paying as much attention to possible foul calls bc I was frustrated as is with the way he was blowing by Wade, but I also dont remember Breen or Van Gundy barking about a lack of calls on Westy's part.

"Ryan Tannehill out-Brady'ed Brady"- DanPatrick
    Quote Quote  

2. -62
    C'mon Dolphins

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Wilmington, OH
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperMarksBros. View Post
    Yeah, nothing in the rules speaks to this:

http://www.nba.com/analysis/rules_c....av=ArticleList

At best it could have gone either way, and my point is, if the refs wanted to give Miami and LeBron like its been suggested, wouldn't a charge have been called on that play, knocking Durant out of the game?

very seldom do superstars get their 6th foul in the playoffs. Just the way it works. The fans want the superstars in the game at the end. Battier should havve known he wasn't going to get Durrant out of the game with that lame slide. He should have just kept his position and held his hands up. The way Durrant was moving away from the basket to avoid contact he probably misses the shot anyway.
    Quote Quote  

3. -63
    Ryan tannehill...like a boss

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fins1971 View Post
    very seldom do superstars get their 6th foul in the playoffs. Just the way it works. The fans want the superstars in the game at the end. Battier should havve known he wasn't going to get Durrant out of the game with that lame slide. He should have just kept his position and held his hands up. The way Durrant was moving away from the basket to avoid contact he probably misses the shot anyway.
    that and 2 of the fouls durant got that day were so damn bad the officials probably didn't want to be the one to take him out of the game...he had already missed like 2 quarters due to such poor calls...the face up after the catch offensive foul call against wade and the shot contest of wade under the basket to pick up his 4th...just awful
    hoops scoops 2012 season ..."in 2014 ryan tannehill etches his name in stone amongst the games elite qbs"..."ryan tannehill and andrew luck will carry the afc for the next decade plus the way peyton manning and tom brady have this last decade plus"
    Quote Quote  

4. -64
    BELIEVE

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    The Golden State
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Trophies
    1972 Dolphins LogoSnakes!Cam Wake 91Tannehill 17
    This is going on in the main forum as well I see. Funny that the biggest Heat hater on these boards would complain about the Heat getting preferential treatment from the refs when the Celtics are known to have 2 or 3 of the dirtiest players in the league. KG throws elbows around all game like it's nothing and doesn't get called for nearly half of them! Rondo is just a straight up punk. Even Pierce has been known to be unprofessional at times.

Hoops, you're complaining about the Heat receiving treatment from the refs, go back to the days that the Boston Big 3 were formed and you'd find a BUNCH of favoritism by the refs especially during their title run. Granted, they were the best team at that time and were pretty much more aggressive than any other team out there so the whistles would naturally go in their favor. If you can't see that now with the Heat, then you may need to have your eyes checked. The Heat are clearly the better, more aggressive, and HUNGRIEST team this season so far and are playing like that.

So again, cry foul and paper champs all you want, but at the end of the day...if the Heat do pull this off, they will have earned it no matter what you or any of the other haters say. I've given you several reason (not related to officiating) why the Heat are better than the Thunder so far, but for the most part you seem to dismiss them. If something so objective as foul calls, strike zones, interference calls, or penalty shots WERE to determine sports championships, then you could throw out 95+ percent of ALL championships ever won!
    I just try to be myself, whatever that is. I don't think about how I'll be remembered. I just want to be consistent over a long period of time. That's what the great players do.
    -Dan Marino
    Quote Quote  

5. -65
    C'mon Dolphins

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Wilmington, OH
    Thanks / No Thanks
    that and 2 of the fouls durant got that day were so damn bad the officials probably didn't want to be the one to take him out of the game...he had already missed like 2 quarters due to such poor calls...the face up after the catch offensive foul call against wade and the shot contest of wade under the basket to pick up his 4th...just awful
    Not disputing the earlier bad calls. The officials will remove a Superstar from the game during the 2nd quarter to help control the outcome. But not in the 4th. It's too obvious to the fans then.
    Quote Quote  

6. -66

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Not disputing the earlier bad calls. The officials will remove a Superstar from the game during the 2nd quarter to help control the outcome. But not in the 4th. It's too obvious to the fans then.
    you sir are spot on...thats exactly whats been happening...exactly

durant did earn his 5th foul call on the break against james he was nowhere near in position or set on the block call...
    Quote Quote  

7. -67
    C'mon Dolphins

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Wilmington, OH
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by CalDolFan10x14 View Post
    go back to the days that the Boston Big 3 were formed and you'd find a BUNCH of favoritism by the refs
    If you really want to talk about favoritism for the Celtics go back to the days when Dr J was trying to break thru for his 1st NBA title. There were some god awful calls that went against the 76ers.
    Quote Quote  

8. -68

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by CalDolFan10x14 View Post
    This is going on in the main forum as well I see. Funny that the biggest Heat hater on these boards would complain about the Heat getting preferential treatment from the refs when the Celtics are known to have 2 or 3 of the dirtiest players in the league. KG throws elbows around all game like it's nothing and doesn't get called for nearly half of them! Rondo is just a straight up punk. Even Pierce has been known to be unprofessional at times.

Hoops, you're complaining about the Heat receiving treatment from the refs, go back to the days that the Boston Big 3 were formed and you'd find a BUNCH of favoritism by the refs especially during their title run. Granted, they were the best team at that time and were pretty much more aggressive than any other team out there so the whistles would naturally go in their favor. If you can't see that now with the Heat, then you may need to have your eyes checked. The Heat are clearly the better, more aggressive, and HUNGRIEST team this season so far and are playing like that.

So again, cry foul and paper champs all you want, but at the end of the day...if the Heat do pull this off, they will have earned it no matter what you or any of the other haters say. I've given you several reason (not related to officiating) why the Heat are better than the Thunder so far, but for the most part you seem to dismiss them. If something so objective as foul calls, strike zones, interference calls, or penalty shots WERE to determine sports championships, then you could throw out 95+ percent of ALL championships ever won!
    its hard for me to talk hoops with you when you say stuff like the c's got preferential treatment on their championship run a few years ago...the celtics were absolutely the best team in the league that year the d was sick they blew the doors off people on the way to that ring...and the lakers they took them to the woodshed in that finals...

now the finals after that lakers celtics the lakers outshot the c's from the line like 3 to 1 in that series...and perk got hurt...otherwise c's win that one also...once perk got hurt game 6 in the final game 7 the c's had they been able to keep the lakers off the offensive boards which perk would have been able to do they would have hung another one in the rafters in boston
    Quote Quote  

9. -69
    Formerly Fiedler for MVP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    A van down by the river
    Thanks / No Thanks
    its hard for me to talk hoops with you when you say stuff like the c's got preferential treatment on their championship run a few years ago...the celtics were absolutely the best team in the league that year the d was sick they blew the doors off people on the way to that ring...and the lakers they took them to the woodshed in that finals...

now the finals after that lakers celtics the lakers outshot the c's from the line like 3 to 1 in that series...and perk got hurt...otherwise c's win that one also...once perk got hurt game 6 in the final game 7 the c's had they been able to keep the lakers off the offensive boards which perk would have been able to do they would have hung another one in the rafters in boston
    Oh you're a Celtics fan...NOW its all making perfect sense lol.
    Quote Quote  

10. -70

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    the same thing happened to pierce in the ecf...although some are gonna say i'm just sayin that cause i'm a celtics fan...but the officials took pierce out of the equation a lot also
    Quote Quote