Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: This season will mark a decade since Ricky's incrdible 2002 rushing campaign

1. -1
    Brady Slayer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Washington DC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    FIRE FAILBIN

**If the Dolphins make the playoffs, this sig will become HIRE PHILWIN**
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    grip it and rip it

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    DolphinDolphinDolphin
    That catch by OG in the first one was unbelievable. Ricky was the man. We ran him into the ground and the rest is history.
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Its sad. He could have had an excellent career if he would have stayed/chilled on the smoke.
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lehigh Valley, PA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    ten years ago? feels like yesterday.
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Owner of the Palace of Wisdom

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Harrisburg, PA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    what could have been that year had Jay Fiedler not gotten hurt... or we had a better backup than Ray F'n Lucas. After Jay got hurt, we never recovered... and what's sad is we really didn't show many weaknesses before his injury. After that... Dixon, Perry,Ruddy, and Nails all got hurt the next year. Todd Wade checked out cause he wanted a big contract and didn't want to get hurt, Orande and Konrad got hurt and we never got a compliment for CC after that. Mare started to decline, and that was the last year Madison AND Surtain were elite at the same time...

We were on pace for the number 1 seed in the AFC... and then Ray Lucas had to suit up... and we missed the playoffs.

Obviously we could've collapsed... but man we looked so good before Jay got hurt...
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ChambersWI View Post
    what could have been that year had Jay Fiedler not gotten hurt... or we had a better backup than Ray F'n Lucas. After Jay got hurt, we never recovered... and what's sad is we really didn't show many weaknesses before his injury. After that... Dixon, Perry,Ruddy, and Nails all got hurt the next year. Todd Wade checked out cause he wanted a big contract and didn't want to get hurt, Orande and Konrad got hurt and we never got a compliment for CC after that. Mare started to decline, and that was the last year Madison AND Surtain were elite at the same time...

We were on pace for the number 1 seed in the AFC... and then Ray Lucas had to suit up... and we missed the playoffs.

Obviously we could've collapsed... but man we looked so good before Jay got hurt...
    I was going to say ... it was all down hill from there ... but you did such a good job of it!!

And it only got worse year by year by year by year ... and it looks like this year will be no exception.

CRIPES Philbin, turn the corner ALREADY!!

Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Ours is the fury.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Colorado Springs
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Easily the best team we had in the last 10 years and not even a playoff appearance to show for it. Spray Mucous played a pretty large role in ruining everything, but in typical Dolphins fashion in those days, that team had a shot at the end of that season and blew it.

Remember, that team beat a LOADED Oakland team that eventually won the AFC that year. I think after that game we were #1 in the AFC with two games to play. Man I was amped up after that one. Ready for a 1st round bye which I've never seen my team do.

And then it all vanished. In two weeks. Lost that game @ Minnesota on a Saturday in the last minute. I actually pulled hair out of my head when that last FG went through. And you just knew it was all over after that. Had a chance to win in New England that next week and blew that too. Lost in OT.

At age 22, those are the only Dolphins I know. Our last playoff win was just a day or two before my 11th birthday.
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    10 Years flew- He'll always be one of my top fins but all I gotta say is- Mannnn that was alot of caries that year!!!
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Special Teams Lunatic

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Long Pond, PA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by COphinphan89 View Post
    Easily the best team we had in the last 10 years and not even a playoff appearance to show for it. Spray Mucous played a pretty large role in ruining everything, but in typical Dolphins fashion in those days, that team had a shot at the end of that season and blew it.

Remember, that team beat a LOADED Oakland team that eventually won the AFC that year. I think after that game we were #1 in the AFC with two games to play. Man I was amped up after that one. Ready for a 1st round bye which I've never seen my team do.

And then it all vanished. In two weeks. Lost that game @ Minnesota on a Saturday in the last minute. I actually pulled hair out of my head when that last FG went through. And you just knew it was all over after that. Had a chance to win in New England that next week and blew that too. Lost in OT.

At age 22, those are the only Dolphins I know. Our last playoff win was just a day or two before my 11th birthday.
    Easily the best Dolphins team of the millennium. Easily the most frustrating.

The three things that killed that team are:

1) The QB injury situation.

2) The Denver game. An absolutely awesome, brutal game...still one of my top ten Dolphin games of all time. Neither team was the same that season after that game. They just beat the living crap out of each other for 60 minutes.

3) The play calling at the end of the New England game, which ten years later, STILL makes me want to punch someone. You have the best RB in the game, you're up by three with almost NO time left deep in your own territory...and you PASS THE BALL three straight times (for three straight incompletions)?
    "If foot fetish videos of your wife surface online, and the voice of the cameraman sounds like you, just admit that it was you ... because the alternative is that someone else was filming foot fetish videos of your wife, and I'm pretty sure that's worse." - Bill Simmons's enduring lesson to Rex Ryan.
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    marshville, nc
    Thanks / No Thanks
    yeah i tore up the house after the new england game, i took it hard. my dad is a pats fan and he came over to watch it with me. after he left i destroyed the house then i passed out. my roomie got home before i unpassed out and could clean up my mess. he asked what the F happened....oooops. but i always liked fielder, his heart and courage was that of penningtons he just didnt have quite the arm to make it all happen. i've said 100 times on this sight, aj feely's arm on jay fielders body and we might still have our probowl QB. and run ricky run, i know he had issues before coming here but Dave W just ran him into the ground to the point it was all she wrote for him mentally.
    Quote Quote