Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: ***2012 Official Miami Heat Offseason Thread***

1. -11
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Carolina
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Top priorities are getting someone that can rebound and someone you can run the offense through. Miller and Haslem were supposed to help in these areas but injuries and Haslem's disappearing jumper put a huge amount on the shoulders of the big three. The hope is Haslem can find his shot again and be a big part of the post rotation. Miller will have to decide if hes going to retire or not.....if he thinks he can play I'm sure they'll welcome him back. Its not just the threes that he brings to the table. Last year in the playoffs he rebounded like a PF.

Nash and Camby is the dream scenario. I'd love to see a real PG in Miami....take the ball out of Wade and Lebron's hands. Lebron in the post may be the most effective offense even with a point like Nash but you don't want to ask the guy to go in the post every play. Having a guy like Camby would take a lot of pressure off James and Wade.....not having to dominate their matchup on the boards every game. To me the goal of the offseason is to get some depth so the big three don't have to do everything for all 82 games. No matter who they get I think the most effective lineup is probably going to be the same one we saw in the finals, with Lebron playing with his back to the basket surrounded by Wade and a bunch of shooters.

I get the feeling Camby will get some money from Houston. Nash is a real possibility.....Toronto may throw some cash his way and I'm not sure title chasing is something hes all that interested in, but as he said before, if James and Wade came a callin' he'd have a tough time turning them down.

Humphries, Kaman, Kenyon Martin, Dalembert.....probably all going to get far more than the Heat can offer. The Heat will probably be looking at guys like Mahinmi, Maxiell, and yes, even Kwame Brown. I think there's a good chance the Heat will draft a big if one falls to them in the draft, even though bigs tend to rise rather than fall in the NBA draft. Pittman and Curry will probably stick around as well and fight it out with whoever is brought in for a couple roster spots.

At point guard there are a bunch of options, with HOF guys like Kidd, Miller and Billups out there. As much as I love Miller I don't think he really fits. Kidd and Billups are interesting options, even if they can't defend anymore.

My best guess would be that the draft doesn't bring the big man everyone is looking for and the Heat enter next season not much better off at the 5 spot.....hoping Pittman starts to figure out how to defend or Curry undergoes another epiphany. Nash joins the Heat along with a couple ring chasers (maybe Jamison). Miller and Howard retire, and some vet big man is brought in to fight for a spot along with Pittman, Curry, and Turiaf.
    Quote Quote  

2. -12
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferretsquig View Post
    Top priorities are getting someone that can rebound and someone you can run the offense through. Miller and Haslem were supposed to help in these areas but injuries and Haslem's disappearing jumper put a huge amount on the shoulders of the big three. The hope is Haslem can find his shot again and be a big part of the post rotation. Miller will have to decide if hes going to retire or not.....if he thinks he can play I'm sure they'll welcome him back. Its not just the threes that he brings to the table. Last year in the playoffs he rebounded like a PF.

Nash and Camby is the dream scenario. I'd love to see a real PG in Miami....take the ball out of Wade and Lebron's hands. Lebron in the post may be the most effective offense even with a point like Nash but you don't want to ask the guy to go in the post every play. Having a guy like Camby would take a lot of pressure off James and Wade.....not having to dominate their matchup on the boards every game. To me the goal of the offseason is to get some depth so the big three don't have to do everything for all 82 games. No matter who they get I think the most effective lineup is probably going to be the same one we saw in the finals, with Lebron playing with his back to the basket surrounded by Wade and a bunch of shooters.

I get the feeling Camby will get some money from Houston. Nash is a real possibility.....Toronto may throw some cash his way and I'm not sure title chasing is something hes all that interested in, but as he said before, if James and Wade came a callin' he'd have a tough time turning them down.

Humphries, Kaman, Kenyon Martin, Dalembert.....probably all going to get far more than the Heat can offer. The Heat will probably be looking at guys like Mahinmi, Maxiell, and yes, even Kwame Brown. I think there's a good chance the Heat will draft a big if one falls to them in the draft, even though bigs tend to rise rather than fall in the NBA draft. Pittman and Curry will probably stick around as well and fight it out with whoever is brought in for a couple roster spots.

At point guard there are a bunch of options, with HOF guys like Kidd, Miller and Billups out there. As much as I love Miller I don't think he really fits. Kidd and Billups are interesting options, even if they can't defend anymore.

My best guess would be that the draft doesn't bring the big man everyone is looking for and the Heat enter next season not much better off at the 5 spot.....hoping Pittman starts to figure out how to defend or Curry undergoes another epiphany. Nash joins the Heat along with a couple ring chasers (maybe Jamison). Miller and Howard retire, and some vet big man is brought in to fight for a spot along with Pittman, Curry, and Turiaf.
    we dont want lebron or wade being point guards, especially after wade being a pg almost cost a game in the finals that could have turned the hole series in okcs favor up 2-0. We had the game in the bag til wades costly turnover. That game, had that foul on lebron been caled at the end of the game could have made the game a tie and a 50-50 game from there. We need a point guard running the show but like i said, i like cole and hope he can be our PG. Nash is going to cost too much money, that money can be spent on a center/size. My 2 cents.
    Quote Quote  

3. -13
    Bleeding 305 since 1987

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami
    Thanks / No Thanks
    2013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by JCane View Post
    Gotta get some bigs and we gotta get some shooters.

LeBron allowed Mike Miller to become the next John Paxson. What true shooter with a few years left in the tank wouldn't want that kind of opportunity?

I've done nothing but watch Heat championship **** since Thursday night. Beautiful viewing.

Friday's First Take was all-time classic ****. Mark Cuban came on the show and tore Skip Bayless apart. Bayless didn't know how to respond.

If you guys have a few minutes this evening before bed, look it up on YouTube.

Sucks that we lost to Dallas last season, but I've always been a big Mark Cuban fan.
    Will never get old...love it
    Quote Quote  

4. -14
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I want fab melo to drop to us in the draft. that would be ideal. he is a great defender and thats the top priority in a big to me. Pittman was supposed to develop well but I am starting to think he will never develop he has shown immaturity. hopefully Dalambert will come this year like he was supposed to do last year, I bet he is kicking himself since we won the title. Dalabert and Melo is a great center rotation then Bosh and Haslem can both rotate at the 4. I think Miller will retire but not Jones, Ray Allen might be a pipe dream along with Steve Nash idk if they would really accept that much of a pay cut. I am hopeful Terrell Harris can step up in the void of Miller retiring I see him as a solid bench contributer. Cole needs to really work on his drives to the rim, too many times I saw him get blocked on his lay ups he can get to the rim at will with his quickness but has to make the defender foul him at the very least. Cole will be our starter he is a true PG and creates for others, Chalmers is basically a SG he can score very well from the bench
    Quote Quote  

5. -15
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Carolina
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MarshallFin1 View Post
    we dont want lebron or wade being point guards, especially after wade being a pg almost cost a game in the finals that could have turned the hole series in okcs favor up 2-0. We had the game in the bag til wades costly turnover. That game, had that foul on lebron been caled at the end of the game could have made the game a tie and a 50-50 game from there. We need a point guard running the show but like i said, i like cole and hope he can be our PG. Nash is going to cost too much money, that money can be spent on a center/size. My 2 cents.
    I haven't seen anything yet that suggests Cole is a point guard. My understanding is that minus and offseason and training camp the coaches basically told him to do what he was most comfortable with, which was scoring the ball. Turns out he wasn't a very good scorer, but to his credit he seems to have really worked on that three point shot while paring down the rest of his game that wasn't working at this level. The potential is there....I just haven't seen it yet.

If Nash wants money he can go somewhere else. The same can be said of any free agent the Heat are after. The mini-MLE and bi-annual exceptions aren't going to attract players in their prime looking for a payday.

I think the Heat in free agency are going to be in a very similar situation to last year. If they had offered that 10 mil to Kwame Brown he probably would have taken it, but it comes down to bringing in a skilled player like Battier in a position that isn't a need vs. bringing in a relatively unskilled player simply because the team is desperate for size. I'll take the skill player every day, and ask Spoelstra to sort it out.
    Quote Quote  

6. -16
    Bleeding 305 since 1987

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami
    Thanks / No Thanks
    2013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo

Player Report: Ray Allen interested in joining Miami Heat

According to multiple league sources, there is mutual interest between Allen and the Heat.
    http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.c...ng-miami-heat/
    Quote Quote  

7. -17
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Nice! I'm hearing Miller and Jones might retire, so that'll free up much needed cap room.
    Quote Quote  

8. -18
    Resident Montana Griz pimp for Miami :)

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Great Falls, MT
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Ray Allen would be a nice pick up, though it would be a shame if Miller had to retire he earned every bit of his salary in game 5 alone
    Quote Quote  

9. -19
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Carolina
    Thanks / No Thanks
    James Jones hinting he might retire as well. If the Heat lose both the only spot up three point shooter left is Chalmers. But if both stay I'm not sure what the point of Ray Allen would be. There wasn't even enough court time for Jones last season when Miller was healthy. Unless they play small ball the majority of the time how would you find minutes for Battier, Miller, Jones, and Allen?
    Quote Quote  

10. -20
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Things are looking good for Melo.
    Quote Quote