Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.



VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 66

Thread: Anthony Fasano's role could be decreasing in Miami

  1. -31
    ChambersWI's Avatar
    Owner of the Palace of Wisdom

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jan 2004
    Posts:
    12,035
    vCash:
    5802
    Loc:
    Harrisburg, PA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I think Fasano is more athletic than we give him credit for.

    I highly doubt we are trying to replace Fasano yet. Green Bay has used sets with up to 4 TEs so we needed a few more.
    Quote Quote  

  2. -32
    crumpdaddy's Avatar
    Scout Team

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2004
    Posts:
    815
    vCash:
    1295
    Loc:
    marshville, nc
    Thanks / No Thanks
    With fasano being the only hand in the dirt athletic reciever we have im pretty sure he'll stick, see egnew more as just standing up in slot at TE......think they used to be called BIG wide recievers......but now they are just glorified TE;s and clay prob being more of a maybe hand in dirt then motion type. A TE stand up in slot is an automatic cover for a S or OLB, a TE that can release with hand in dirt or run a delay can cause the OLB that would be keepign an eye on him to lose focus. i THINK fasano will be in the mid 50's reception range with prob easily 40 of those catches coming from hand in dirt. I'd love to see egnew turn into a seem threat (i see clay as more of a up and out type guy) but i doubt they waste fasanos talents then let him take his good season into free agency
    Quote Quote  

  3. -33
    CANDolphan's Avatar
    Seasoned Veteran

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2006
    Posts:
    2,902
    vCash:
    1261
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by crumpdaddy View Post
    With fasano being the only hand in the dirt athletic reciever we have im pretty sure he'll stick, see egnew more as just standing up in slot at TE......think they used to be called BIG wide recievers......but now they are just glorified TE;s and clay prob being more of a maybe hand in dirt then motion type. A TE stand up in slot is an automatic cover for a S or OLB, a TE that can release with hand in dirt or run a delay can cause the OLB that would be keepign an eye on him to lose focus. i THINK fasano will be in the mid 50's reception range with prob easily 40 of those catches coming from hand in dirt. I'd love to see egnew turn into a seem threat (i see clay as more of a up and out type guy) but i doubt they waste fasanos talents then let him take his good season into free agency
    You're the first guy I've seen describe Clay as an up and out guy and I have to say I absolutely agree. I also see a lot of deep outs in his future simply because he can get to that second level behind LBs so fast, and if you keep him away from the safeties, very few LBs will have a chance to keep up with his agility/speed.
    Quote Quote  

  4. -34
    Waterlogged

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Nov 2004
    Posts:
    2,667
    vCash:
    1016
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ckparrothead View Post
    Here's a video from 2011 illustrating why I think Anthony Fasano's footprint on the deep middle passing game should actually INCREASE in 2011...rather than decrease, as put forward by Brian Biggane.



    Fact of the matter is, after Chad Pennington left the field, and until Matt Moore came back, we did not have a quarterback that could reliably place those up-and-down throws down the seam in the middle of the field. Henne threw a few nice ones before getting injured, but he also struggled on some of them this year, and those passes were practically non-existent from 2009 to 2010. You can blame Dan Henning, and that would be an accurate assessment of blame, but not a complete assessment. Henning was only reacting to the strengths and weaknesses of his quarterback. He called for plenty of those seam passes to Fasano and David Martin in 2008 (just as many to Fasano as Martin, mind you)...but avoided them like PLAGUE from 2009 to 2010.

    sorry, but all talk is pretty much irrelevant after CK posted this video. The guy gets open in the seam and makes great catches. Dont you remember his beauty against the jets for the division title in 08? dont you remember his year in 08? this guy is one of our most solid players. he has been a true dolphin who has made an impact for our team for the last 4 years. i dont get why a lot of people sleep on him, but again, most of the people seem to be the ones that just dont follow the offseason as closely, b/c they keep citing egnew as the reason, and egnew is clearly not there yet.
    Quote Quote  

  5. -35
    Starter

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    May 2012
    Posts:
    335
    vCash:
    1142
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Fasano falls into the matt moore catergory. The same brainless, homer powered fans love this guy just like they love matt moore when neither player has NFL level talent. He's not the great blocker you make him out to be just because he's slow and he certainly isn't sure handed. The reason his numbers have been abysmal was because he's not that good. I'd rather see optimism over Clay and Egnew from homer fans than love for this bum.
    Quote Quote  

  6. -36
    Vaark's Avatar
    Virgil Caine is the name

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2007
    Posts:
    19,287
    vCash:
    13018
    Loc:
    ServedOnThe DanvilleTrain
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsteve View Post
    Fasano falls into the matt moore catergory. The same brainless, homer powered fans love this guy just like they love matt moore when neither player has NFL level talent. He's not the great blocker you make him out to be just because he's slow and he certainly isn't sure handed. The reason his numbers have been abysmal was because he's not that good. I'd rather see optimism over Clay and Egnew from homer fans than love for this bum.
    Quote Quote  

  7. -37
    Starter

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    May 2012
    Posts:
    335
    vCash:
    1142
    Thanks / No Thanks
    BTW, a 3 minute highlight tape doesn't change my mind especially when those highlights are repeated over and over. There were maybe 2-3 plays that actually show cased good hands. 7 or so seconds in against NE, pretty awesome play. 32 seconds in against NE, pretty insane throw from hene and a real nice catch and then the one catch down the seem against the raiders was a solid play too. (3:17) I'll add the play against the skins with the nice little move he put on the Lber but that was pretty bad coverage too. Everything else looks like a blown coverage or the other team playing cover 2 and he's wide open for a routine catch. Put a more athletic player in that spot and you're talking real big plays instead of 10-15 yrds.

    Second look through, the skins game he had more solid catches too. not gonna list them all.


    If anything the video show cases how inaccurate moore was when he was wide open and the long TD against KC shows either fasanos lack of speed or moores poor arm. The long TD in the KC game should have had more air under it and fasno should have had even more seperation to begin with since the LBER blew his assignment so badly.

    ---------- Post added at 01:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:22 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Vaark View Post

    Nope, pretty glad Henne is gone too despite with some enourmous coaching he has way more potential than matt moore. Nice try though.

    ---------- Post added at 01:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:24 PM ----------

    that picture is hilarious btw. lol
    Quote Quote  

  8. -38
    Vaark's Avatar
    Virgil Caine is the name

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2007
    Posts:
    19,287
    vCash:
    13018
    Loc:
    ServedOnThe DanvilleTrain
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsteve View Post
    BTW, a 3 minute highlight tape doesn't change my mind especially when those highlights are repeated over and over. There were maybe 2-3 plays that actually show cased good hands. 7 or so seconds in against NE, pretty awesome play. 32 seconds in against NE, pretty insane throw from hene and a real nice catch and then the one catch down the seem against the raiders was a solid play too. (3:17) I'll add the play against the skins with the nice little move he put on the Lber but that was pretty bad coverage too. Everything else looks like a blown coverage or the other team playing cover 2 and he's wide open for a routine catch. Put a more athletic player in that spot and you're talking real big plays instead of 10-15 yrds.

    Second look through, the skins game he had more solid catches too. not gonna list them all.


    If anything the video show cases how inaccurate moore was when he was wide open and the long TD against KC shows either fasanos lack of speed or moores poor arm. The long TD in the KC game should have had more air under it and fasno should have had even more seperation to begin with since the LBER blew his assignment so badly.

    ---------- Post added at 01:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:22 PM ----------




    Nope, pretty glad Henne is gone too despite with some enourmous coaching he has way more potential than matt moore. Nice try though.

    ---------- Post added at 01:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:24 PM ----------

    that picture is hilarious btw. lol
    thanks.. and it has been my observation that the majority of blowback against Moore is the result of residual Henne fluffing.
    ...we may agree about Henne's relative potential - at least below the neck, but certainly not above.

    A word to the wise, as a recently joined member you may not be aware that while you're certainly entitled to your opinion, regularly labelling, tarring and slandering those who don't agree in the most insulting, unflattering, undiplomatic terms doesn't really resonate around here with members or staff. :dontknow:


    Quote Quote  

  9. -39
    Dol-Fan Dupree's Avatar
    Manning to Tyree = Best SB Play EVER!!!!

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jun 2002
    Posts:
    12,439
    vCash:
    1000
    Loc:
    Seattle WA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsteve View Post
    Fasano falls into the matt moore catergory. The same brainless, homer powered fans love this guy just like they love matt moore when neither player has NFL level talent. He's not the great blocker you make him out to be just because he's slow and he certainly isn't sure handed. The reason his numbers have been abysmal was because he's not that good. I'd rather see optimism over Clay and Egnew from homer fans than love for this bum.
    How does your point work if his numbers haven't been abysmal?
    “If a woman has to choose between catching a fly ball and saving an infant's life, she will choose to save the infant's life without even considering if there is a man on base.”
    by Dave Berry
    Quote Quote  

  10. -40
    Starter

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    May 2012
    Posts:
    335
    vCash:
    1142
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaark View Post
    thanks.. and it has been my observation that the majority of blowback against Moore is the result of residual Henne fluffing.
    ...we may agree about Henne's relative potential - at least below the neck, but certainly not above.

    A word to the wise, as a recently joined member you may not be aware that while you're certainly entitled to your opinion, regularly labelling, tarring and slandering those who don't agree in the most insulting, unflattering, undiplomatic terms doesn't really resonate around here with members or staff. :dontknow:

    He was pretty average in college but you could attribute that to their decline in their overall program. He was a poor mans drew bledsoe and im sure thats what tuna saw in him. I wouldn't be surprised if he turned it around with a better situation because his growth was stunted here with the wildcat and real bad coaches/**** organaization.

    ---------- Post added at 01:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:39 PM ----------

    30 something catches for 400 yards? pretty abysmal.
    Quote Quote  

Similar Threads

  1. What's chirping: Does Anthony Fasano have a future in Miami?
    By DKphin in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 02-19-2013, 10:35 AM
  2. Miami Dolphins: Who will become Anthony Fasanos sidekick?
    By BAMAPHIN 22 in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 10-04-2010, 12:16 PM
  3. Miami Dolphins Talking Points: Anthony Fasanos role should grow
    By DKphin in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 09-18-2010, 09:33 AM
  4. TE Anthony Fasano ready to take leadership role
    By BAMAPHIN 22 in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-08-2009, 10:33 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •