Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Matt Flynn Not "Wowing" anyone

1. -1
    Soul Rebel

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Georgia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo

Rumor Matt Flynn Not "Wowing" anyone

Matt Flynn apparently isn't knocking anybody's socks off at Seattle Mini-Camps. You have to figure because of his salary he'll get a chance to start and prove if he is or isn't the guy, but for now Tavaris Jackson will open training camp as the starter.
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Sophisticated Redneck

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    out in the Ding Weeds
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I gotta stick to my guns and think if they wanted Flynn he would be in Miami. We'll see who is better on the field, Tanny or Flynn.
    Peace and Humptiness Forever

Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Super Moderator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Aberdeen
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Arsenal shield
    Quote Originally Posted by NY8123 View Post
    I gotta stick to my guns and think if they wanted Flynn he would be in Miami. We'll see who is better on the field, Tanny or Flynn.

Not till next year i think.................
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Sophisticated Redneck

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    out in the Ding Weeds
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ROADRUNNER View Post
    Not till next year i think.................
    If the season goes the way it should go I agree. I hope if Miami gets struggling a little bit they don't get knee jerky, overreact and throw in Tannehill to the wolves.

Now I must say if he wins the starting spot than so be it, start the boy but for ****s sake, don't rush him just for the hell of it.
    Last edited by NY8123; 06-26-2012 at 01:47 PM.
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    FinHeaven Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    120 mi west of Costa Rica
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Jurassic World2013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by NY8123 View Post
    I agree, if Miami was sold on him to be "the guy" he would have been in Miami. We have all seen the reports that Philbin and Ireland just were not sold on Flynn being a major upgrade over Moore and a guy that is certain to build long term around. They wanted Flynn to sign for non-starter money and compete with Moore for the starting job, that is pretty obvious.

Which leads me to also believe that the plan for quarterback all along was to add a veteran to compete in the short term with Moore and to draft a quarterback to become the future starter. That means that even if they did sign Flynn, Tannehill probably still would have been drafted at #8. Flynn probably didn't buy into that idea and wanted to go to a place where he could solidify himself as a long term starter. Peyton Manning was the one asterisk to the plan as he would have came in as the flat our starter with no competition. Still possible that Tannehill would have been drafted even if they landed Manning. That was actually reported as being the plan by NFL Network back in February.

So once Manning was out of the picture it was to find a veteran who would compete with Moore for the short term, while grooming a rookie quarterback for the future(Tannehill probably was always at the top of their list). Flynn was the initial preference to be that competing veteran because of his relationship with Philbin. I think the backup choice was probably Garrard, but Smith probably was a choice they didn't expect to be available, so why not kick the tires?

So, in my personal beliefs, Tannehill wasn't drafted because Flynn didn't sign him. Garrard was signed because Flynn didn't sign here, Tannehill was always in the plans to come via the draft. Flynn saw a better chance to be "the guy" in Seattle and they offered more money, so it was an easy choice. Now though, the Seahawks seem to be seeing what Philbin and Ireland saw in their pursuit for him in free agency.

Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Ryan tannehill...like a boss

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    flynn isn't gonna wow anyone with his physical gifts anyways...we'll see how he fares when the pads come on...no doubt in my mind seattle wants him to win that job given that money they paid him
    hoops scoops 2012 season ..."in 2014 ryan tannehill etches his name in stone amongst the games elite qbs"..."ryan tannehill and andrew luck will carry the afc for the next decade plus the way peyton manning and tom brady have this last decade plus"
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    FinHeaven Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    120 mi west of Costa Rica
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Jurassic World2013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by hooshoops View Post
    flynn isn't gonna wow anyone with his physical gifts anyways...we'll see how he fares when the pads come on...no doubt in my mind seattle wants him to win that job given that money they paid him
    That is the thing, I think Flynn will be the opening day starter because he was the guy this offseason they paid the big money to get. There is no way that they want Jackson to win this job or truly see this as a three way competition. They WANT Flynn to take hold of the job and keep it.
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    InRegioneCaecorum RexEstLusces

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Zombieland (lookn4 Myles)
    Thanks / No Thanks
    From a standpoint of physical skills -(and likely mental as well) IMO it'll be musical chairs until whenever Russell Wilson is finally prepared to step in.

ANNOUNCING a new FH smiley. Use it judiciously and selectively as to not diminish its impact!

Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Ryan tannehill...like a boss

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Nublar7 View Post
    That is the thing, I think Flynn will be the opening day starter because he was the guy this offseason they paid the big money to get. There is no way that they want Jackson to win this job or truly see this as a three way competition. They WANT Flynn to take hold of the job and keep it.
    sure they do...tavaris jacksons awful
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Two Little Debbies and a cup of coffee

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    2013 Dolphins Logo
    Flynn blows, as do all the Seattle QBs. They shouldve traded up to get Matt Ryan a few years ago.
    Quote Quote