Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Obama better suited to deal with Alien Invasion?

Hybrid View

1. -1
    Soul Rebel

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Georgia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo

Obama better suited to deal with Alien Invasion?

65% of Americans believe Obama would handle an Alien invasion better than one Willard Mitt Romney

As the 2012 presidential election approaches, pundits are talking a whole lot of game about civil rights, the economy, and (big one coming up Thursday) healthcare. Meanwhile, the American people care about one issue and one issue only:Which candidate will protect us and our gold from aliens?
    The definitive answer, according to a newNational Geographic poll: Barack Obama.

http://gawker.com/5921923/65-of-amer...er-than-romney

suck on that, Willard!
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Soul Rebel

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Georgia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Mitt should offer Herman Cain the VP position to help win back the confidence of the American People
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    If any other species develops enough technology to travel and land on our planet, we are at their whim anyway.
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    South Beach / Reno
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Tetragrammaton View Post
    If any other species develops enough technology to travel and land on our planet, we are at their whim anyway.
    The aliens only concern would be whether they prefer white meat or dark meat with shots of Jägermeister
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    You're standing on my neck

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Gainesville, Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    You guys are so wrong. Alien superintelligence would be no match for our earthly can do spunk.
    Not every human is a manipulative, opportunistic, letch... or at least that's what I'm told.
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Soul Rebel

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Georgia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    I actually like to think that if a species is advanced enough to be capable of intergalactic travel, that they'd have evolved beyond the need for violence and monkey aggression, or sadistic whimsies. I know that if you look on Earth, every species tries to dominate every other species, but I like to think that somewhere up the ladder that stops. I know that doesn't make for a good Tom Cruise movie though.
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    South Beach / Reno
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by rob19 View Post
    I actually like to think that if a species is advanced enough to be capable of intergalactic travel, that they'd have evolved beyond the need for violence and monkey aggression, or sadistic whimsies. I know that if you look on Earth, every species tries to dominate every other species, but I like to think that somewhere up the ladder that stops. I know that doesn't make for a good Tom Cruise movie though.

I really don't think we would ever make contact with aliens, but we could find ourselves and earth's resources getting harvested by their intelligent machines. Given the distances between solar systems, this seems more plausible. They (aliens) might have evolved through technology and such things like collecting resources and food might be something that they no longer have to do themselves. We could be trying to communicate and/or plead with a programed artificial intelligence.
    I don't need a tin hat, I don't think it will happen, but it is interesting conjecture.

Many planets have been found using our primitive devices and methods. We can find many planets that might be habitable. But as far as I know, we cannot detect life. Earth is a jewel in comparison to other worlds we have observed. Primitive life(animals) may be common, but intelligent life may be a rare commodity.

As far as Obama, he would probably make a deal with the aliens to save his family and selected members of government. He would play along and deceive the public into compliance. He is already proven himself to be a clever, manipulative liar.
    A willing pawn in this hypothetical horror story scenario. In the end though, he will be on a aliens dinner plate with an apple in his mouth....in the twilight zone (insert twilight zone theme)
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    South Beach / Reno
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I thought that the Tom Cruise - War of the Worlds sucked. A waste of a chance for a great remake, but as him cast in the leading role as a father trying to save his kids ruined the film IMHO. I did not like the perspective. The cast from the "Friends" or Jerry Seinfeld caught in the same story would have worked better...lol
    The best acting in the Cruise version was probably the little girl. Also, they left out the part from the original where they dropped the A bomb. If they are making a modern day remake, they could have included some of the futuristic weapons that are being developed today to bring the movie current.
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Soul Rebel

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Georgia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    I think it was Michio Kaku that stated that the theory that Aliens would have to come to Earth to harvest resources is an illogical premise because the elements on Earth (water, gold, diamonds, etc) are very common elements throughout the universe that travelling all the way to Earth would be highly unnecessary. The only unique thing about Earth is Humanity.

Anyway, I'm not sure why almost all people's version of Alien contact ends with us either being eaten, enslaved, or being harvested for highly highly common 'resources'. Again, I'm guessing it's because that's how pop-culture movies have always portrayed them, or I guess it could be a fundamental fear of the unknown.

Mitt Romney would never cut any deal with no stinkin' aliens though, right lang?
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Doesnt play well with others

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    In a Van down by the rive
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I think it was Michio Kaku that stated that the theory that Aliens would have to come to Earth to harvest resources is an illogical premise because the elements on Earth (water, gold, diamonds, etc) are very common elements throughout the universe that travelling all the way to Earth would be highly unnecessary. The only unique thing about Earth is Humanity.

Anyway, I'm not sure why almost all people's version of Alien contact ends with us either being eaten, enslaved, or being harvested for highly highly common 'resources'. Again, I'm guessing it's because that's how pop-culture movies have always portrayed them, or I guess it could be a fundamental fear of the unknown.

Mitt Romney would never cut any deal with no stinkin' aliens though, right lang?

I understand what your saying....but can you put proof to the bolded part? Not saying you aren't right, I'm just saying I didn't think there was any evidence one way or the other.

As to the original thread, I have ZERO doubt that Obammer would be at the advantage. He would merely try to influence said alien to vote for him, and in return, we cater to their every needs.......... I mean...isn't that already going on anyways????

---------- Post added at 12:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:49 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by JamesBW43 View Post
    You thought "Alien Invasion" was referring to immigrants?

Have you ever been to Tucson...or even here in Dallas for that matter?

The invasion has been taking place for decades..
    Quote Quote