Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 5 of 56 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Why the Dolphins Can Beat the New York Jets

1. -41
    The world is your's...

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    LI, NY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by fishfanmiami View Post
    We got our QB anyways and kept our pride intact by finishing strong. That counts for something.
    The difference between 6-10 and 0-16 is a higher draft pick. That's it.
    There's no pride in being 6-10 anyway, and it's not like we're going to carry any of that 6-3 momentum into this year. We have a whole new coaching staff, probably a new QB and no Brandon Marshall.

"I don't have pet peeves, I have psychotic ****ing hatred"
    Quote Quote  

2. -42
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    lol rooting for us to win MEANINGLESS games at the end of the season is stupid. It was wasted time to be honest because we all knew there would be new coaches and prob new players all around. our situation would be much better and even more realistically optimistic had we had our chance at andrew luck.
    Quote Quote  

3. -43
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    junc sucks

(On Miami sports teams being popular)

-“That’s not competition,” LeBron said. “That’s like you rooting for your family members. That’s not competition at all. It would be great to have him, but we’ll see.”

Quote Quote  

4. -44
    #onephin

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    NY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Dolphin
    Quote Originally Posted by j-off-her-doll View Post
    With the schedule we have, etc., this team CAN win 10+ games this season. Is it a smart bet? Probably not. Every team has a number of uncertainties heading into a season. The consistent teams and teams with elite QB's have less (or because of their elite QB's, their negatives are better hidden). I'm confident that we'll have a really good season. I don't know how that will translate in terms of wins and losses, but I expect to see us move toward the kind of football team we want to be. In the 2010/2011 season San Francisco didn't compete for a division title - where the winner won 7 games. Last year, they win 13 games, and they could have easily made it to the SB. Their D went from solid to top-notch; their offense went from terrible to efficient. Can Miami see these type of drastic improvements? They CAN. But again, a LOT of things will have to go right.
    You're right on the money!

A major factor for the 49ers success last season was the fact that they had very few turnovers. In a game where every possession counts, it's all about the little things and it's imperative that you don't beat yourself. It's truly a balancing act for the QB in such a pass driven league where he's asked to make a lot of plays. But in this day of age it takes a total team effort to get her done. That calls for everyone to protect the football at all cost. Carriers need to wrap it up with both hands. Receivers need to catch the football, and never let it bounce up in the air if you just can't control it. Linemen need to be on their p's and q's at all times in case the ball is fumbled and we need a quick recovery. Whoever is under center can't force the issue either, that means throw the ball away if you can't make the play. Coaches need to know which plays are good for the current down & distance, and never put players in a position to fail. If we can just do these fundamental things on offense, and at the very least have a top 10 passing defense (not worried about stopping the run) this season, I fully expect us to make the playoffs.

•Remember Perfection•
    Quote Quote  

5. -45
    InRegioneCaecorum RexEstLusces

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Zombieland (lookn4 Myles)
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by insomnia411 View Post
    Hoping for Andrew Luck was the most pro Dolphin thing you could do. My opinion will once again have it's vindication when Luck is the next Big Ben.
    Hoping for your team to lay down and take it like a Rear Admiral is the most pro gay thing you could do (not that there's anything wrong with that).

Quote Quote  

6. -46
    BELIEVE

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    The Golden State
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Trophies
    1972 Dolphins LogoSnakes!Cam Wake 91Tannehill 17
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaark View Post
    Hoping for your team to lay down and take it like a Rear Admiral is the most pro gay thing you could do (not that there's anything wrong with that).
    That's an interesting way of putting it, but hey it'll work!
    I just try to be myself, whatever that is. I don't think about how I'll be remembered. I just want to be consistent over a long period of time. That's what the great players do.
    -Dan Marino
    Quote Quote  

7. -47
    Just trust me

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Centreville Virginia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by sharp View Post
    junc sucks
    Could not have said it better myself.
    Quote Quote  

8. -48
    Average Fan

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mega-fin-love View Post
    could not have said it better myself.
    x3
    Quote Quote  

9. -49
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    georgia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by number1fin View Post
    You're right on the money!

A major factor for the 49ers success last season was the fact that they had very few turnovers. In a game where every possession counts, it's all about the little things and it's imperative that you don't beat yourself. It's truly a balancing act for the QB in such a pass driven league where he's asked to make a lot of plays. But in this day of age it takes a total team effort to get her done. That calls for everyone to protect the football at all cost. Carriers need to wrap it up with both hands. Receivers need to catch the football, and never let it bounce up in the air if you just can't control it. Linemen need to be on their p's and q's at all times in case the ball is fumbled and we need a quick recovery. Whoever is under center can't force the issue either, that means throw the ball away if you can't make the play. Coaches need to know which plays are good for the current down & distance, and never put players in a position to fail. If we can just do these fundamental things on offense, and at the very least have a top 10 passing defense (not worried about stopping the run) this season, I fully expect us to make the playoffs.
    You do realize that we lost our defense coordinator and are rumored to be switching to a 4-3 defense from a 3-4. Those are major changes. I don't expect us to make the playoffs. If we do.... great, but I'm not holding my breath this year.
    Quote Quote  

10. -50
    #onephin

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    NY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Dolphin
    Quote Originally Posted by cowboy82nd View Post
    You do realize that we lost our defense coordinator and are rumored to be switching to a 4-3 defense from a 3-4. Those are major changes. I don't expect us to make the playoffs. If we do.... great, but I'm not holding my breath this year.
    Wait a minute...Kevin Coyle is missing?

Plus we're never going to run a hybrid 3-4 at all?

Oh no!!! How will we survive? God help us!!!

<sarcasm off>
    Quote Quote