Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 53 of 56 FirstFirst ... 484950515253545556 LastLast

Thread: Why the Dolphins Can Beat the New York Jets

1. -521
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    at no point were you w/in a game of being in playoff position. We were by early November. You played the entire 2nd half w/ zero playoff pressure and you never had a shot to kep winning and get in. The situations were nothing alike.

You can whine about "barely making it" but one of our playoff apps didn't come when tom Brady missed the season so the bottom line is we have been the much better team for a long time now and when in postseason were were at least competitive.

I am enjoying it and I look forward to it continuing for a while. It sure beats not winning a playoff game since 2000 and only haveing 1 playoff app in the last decade.
    The Jets were only 1 game within in 2002 becasue they got help from the Dolphins. If the Dolphins got help from the Steelers like the Jets got from the Dolphins, they also would have been within 1 game and then made the playoffs. 7-7 in week 15 with the other team being 9-5 is identical. One team got bailed out and the other team didn't.

You can continue to crow about being the better team for a long time. I don't disagree. I just find it funny when this has been the worst 12 years in Dolphins history and the Jets best and the Jets only have 7 more regular season wins, 3 more playoff apps and 5 more playoff wins over that time period.
    Quote Quote  

2. -522
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by The New Guy View Post
    The Jets were only 1 game within in 2002 becasue they got help from the Dolphins. If the Dolphins got help from the Steelers like the Jets got from the Dolphins, they also would have been within 1 game and then made the playoffs. 7-7 in week 15 with the other team being 9-5 is identical. One team got bailed out and the other team didn't.

You can continue to crow about being the better team for a long time. I don't disagree. I just find it funny when this has been the worst 12 years in Dolphins history and the Jets best and the Jets only have 7 more regular season wins, 3 more playoff apps and 5 more playoff wins over that time period.
    Before we slipped up the week before your 2 game losing streak we were w/in a game. We were w/in a game as early as early November. At no point were you w/in a game of postseason.

If, if, if but Pitt didn't choke like Miami in 2002.

The Jets beat up NE at NE in week 16(again, they wouldn't lose another home game until 2005) then crushed the 12-3 Packers who needed one win to earn homefield in the NFC. seasons are 16 games for a reason, teams prove themselves over the course of a season. The jets were playing by far the best football in the division the 2nd half of the year and earned their way in by winning the only AFC East title ever won by a team other than NE in a season where Brady was NE's primary starter.

Your worst stretch keeps getting worse, you are already 0 for 2 in the 10s, in the 00s when you made 3 postseasons 2 of them came in '00 and '01. I hope you enjoyed the 70s.
    Quote Quote  

3. -523
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Before we slipped up the week before your 2 game losing streak we were w/in a game. We were w/in a game as early as early November. At no point were you w/in a game of postseason.

If, if, if but Pitt didn't choke like Miami in 2002.

The Jets beat up NE at NE in week 16(again, they wouldn't lose another home game until 2005) then crushed the 12-3 Packers who needed one win to earn homefield in the NFC. seasons are 16 games for a reason, teams prove themselves over the course of a season. The jets were playing by far the best football in the division the 2nd half of the year and earned their way in by winning the only AFC East title ever won by a team other than NE in a season where Brady was NE's primary starter.

Your worst stretch keeps getting worse, you are already 0 for 2 in the 10s, in the 00s when you made 3 postseasons 2 of them came in '00 and '01. I hope you enjoyed the 70s.
    I don't care how many games back the Jets were in early December. It doesn't matter. What matters is they were 7-7 and in the same exact situation the Dolphins were in week 15 with 2 games to go. The Jets got bailed out with 1 team losing their last 2 games and the Dolphins didn't. It doesn't matter if the wins come early or late. Both teams won 9 games. It was only good enough for the Jets because they got bailed out by the Dolphins.

Yes, the Jets are the only team to win an AFC East title other than NE in a season where Brady was NE's primary starter. Nevermind the fact that it was the first time Brady would enter the season as a starter and that they were not a very good team that year. They lost 5 out of 7 and only won 9 games (lowest win total ever where Brady was NE's primary starter) and the Jets still needed Miami to bail them out to win the division at 9-7.

The Dolphins may be getting worse, but I'll take this last decade when it comes with everything else. The Jets have a lot of catching up to do.

Dolphins playoff apps by the decade:

70's (7 playoff Apps)
    80's (5 playoff Apps)
    90's (7 playoff Apps)
    00's (3 playoff Apps)
    10's (0 playoff Apps)

Jets playoff apps by the decade:

70's (0 playoff Apps)
    80's (4 playoff Apps)
    90's (2 playoff Apps)
    00's (5 playoff Apps
    10's (1 playoff App

The Dolphins are 0 for 2 in the 10s, and the Jets are 1-1. There are still 8 more seasons to go this decade. The Dolphins have made changes, so we will see what happens. Don't worry, the Jets made some changes as well. I'm sure Tebow and Sparano will get the Jets back on track.

Captainfistpump.jpg
    Last edited by The New Guy; 07-27-2012 at 04:45 PM.
    Quote Quote  

4. -524
    Football Guru

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Madison, Wisconsin
    Thanks / No Thanks
    With Tony ass hat Sparano leading the way we won't have much to worry about as far as the Yets go.
    Please God, let me see 1 Dolphins Superbowl victory before I die.
    Quote Quote  

5. -525
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I don't care how many games back the Jets were in early December. It doesn't matter. What matters is they were 7-7 and in the same exact situation the Dolphins were in week 15 with 2 games to go. The Jets got bailed out with 1 team losing their last 2 games and the Dolphins didn't. It doesn't matter if the wins come early or late. Both teams won 9 games. It was only good enough for the Jets because they got bailed out by the Dolphins.

Yes, the Jets are the only team to win an AFC East title other than NE in a season where Brady was NE's primary starter. Nevermind the fact that it was the first time Brady would enter the season as a starter and that they were not a very good team that year. They lost 5 out of 7 and only won 9 games (lowest win total ever where Brady was NE's primary starter) and the Jets still needed Miami to bail them out to win the division at 9-7.

The Dolphins may be getting worse, but I'll take this last decade when it comes with everything else. The Jets have a lot of catching up to do.

Dolphins playoff apps by the decade:

70's (7 playoff Apps)
    80's (5 playoff Apps)
    90's (7 playoff Apps)
    00's (3 playoff Apps)
    10's (0 playoff Apps)

Jets playoff apps by the decade:

70's (0 playoff Apps)
    80's (4 playoff Apps)
    90's (2 playoff Apps)
    00's (5 playoff Apps
    10's (1 playoff App

The Dolphins are 0 for 2 in the 10s, and the Jets are 1-1. There are still 8 more seasons to go this decade. The Dolphins have made changes, so we will see what happens. Don't worry, the Jets made some changes as well. I'm sure Tebow and Sparano will get the Jets back on track.

Captainfistpump.jpg
    so you guys are getting worse each decade and we are getting better, I hope you have enouigh plutonium for the delorean to enjoy those 70s seasons again

Tebow and sanchez have 5 playoff wins in 4 years as starters- from 1992-2011(20 seasons) the Miami dolphins franchise has 5 playoff wins.
    Quote Quote  

6. -526
    I like your style Dude

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    703 Virginia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91Tannehill 172013 Dolphins Logo
    Tebow and sanchez have 5 playoff wins in 4 years as starters- from 1992-2011(20 seasons) the Miami dolphins franchise has 5 playoff wins.
    Same amount of Super Bowl appearances and wins too

Quote Quote  

7. -527
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    so you guys are getting worse each decade and we are getting better, I hope you have enouigh plutonium for the delorean to enjoy those 70s seasons again

The Dolphins worst is barely under the Jets best. From 1990-2011 (22 seasons) the Jets franchise has 7 playoff wins. The Dolphins (getting worse) have 6. In the Dolphins worst 12 years (by far) and the Jets best 12 years, the Jets only have 7 more regular season wins, and 3 more playoffs apps. The Jets barely made it at 9-7 (X2) and 10-6 (X3) while Miami missed at 9-7 (x2) and 10-6. So, Miami at its worst could have potentially had (with a play here or a win there) more playoff apps then the Jets did at their best.

I don't need a delorian to enjoy Miami's rich history. I'm a Dolphins fan. I've enjoyed many recent seasons even though we have not had playoff success. You have just been able to enjoy the Jets recent seasons a bit longer. In the end, we both ended up at home when the Super Bowl was being played.

You can keep repeating how much better the Jets have been recently. I've never disagreed with you on the Jets being better. Only how much better. None of it matters anyways. It is a new season. What happened in the past does not guarantee success or failure in the present. (See Jets 2011 season) Especially when changes have been made.
    Quote Quote  

8. -528
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Hey Junc, **** you and your Jests.
    Quote Quote  

9. -529
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    The Dolphins worst is barely under the Jets best. From 1990-2011 (22 seasons) the Jets franchise has 7 playoff wins. The Dolphins (getting worse) have 6. In the Dolphins worst 12 years (by far) and the Jets best 12 years, the Jets only have 7 more regular season wins, and 3 more playoffs apps. The Jets barely made it at 9-7 (X2) and 10-6 (X3) while Miami missed at 9-7 (x2) and 10-6. So, Miami at its worst could have potentially had (with a play here or a win there) more playoff apps then the Jets did at their best.

I don't need a delorian to enjoy Miami's rich history. I'm a Dolphins fan. I've enjoyed many recent seasons even though we have not had playoff success. You have just been able to enjoy the Jets recent seasons a bit longer. In the end, we both ended up at home when the Super Bowl was being played.

You can keep repeating how much better the Jets have been recently. I've never disagreed with you on the Jets being better. Only how much better. None of it matters anyways. It is a new season. What happened in the past does not guarantee success or failure in the present. (See Jets 2011 season) Especially when changes have been made.
    It's nice to include an additional decade but since the turn of the Century you have ONE playoff win. The fact that we have more playoff wins and more playoff apps w/ our 1990 decade is stunning.
    Quote Quote  

10. -530
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    It's nice to include an additional decade but since the turn of the Century you have ONE playoff win. The fact that we have more playoff wins and more playoff apps w/ our 1990 decade is stunning.

You are the one that compared Sanchez and Tebow's 5 playoff wins to the Dolphins wins from 1992 to the present. I simply backed up 2 more years and counted how many playoff wins the Jets had as a franchise during that time. Prior to the Jets recent success, they had exactly 3 playoff wins in 18 years. A total of 6 playoff wins from 1970 to 2008.

The Jets do not have more playoff apps including their 1990 decade. They have 3 fewer. That includes an 8-8 playoff birth in 1991. With their 4 playoff wins in the last few years, they moved ahead by 1 since 1990. That included the Dolphins worst 12 years as a franchise and the Jets best. Congrats.
    Quote Quote